Retarded idiots should shut up

. . . it’s so discriminatory to single quentin tarantino out for censorship like that. the man is an artistic genius – a savant – and to scream that his works should be banned outright is so, so wrong. his name alone pushes people’s buttons and those with the power to influence others should be aware of that. the way the mpaa forced him to cut the lap dance scene out of his grindhouse picture death proof when rodriguez wasn’t forced to take whole scenes out of planet terror proves that quentin tarantino is unfairly targeted for derision and abuse simply because of his provocative reputation . . .

I don’t look at this as a bad thing… Quentin’s got the man after him. That means he’s one bad mofo!

[quote=“postmaster.general”]
. . . it’s so discriminatory to single quentin tarantino out for censorship like that. the man is an artistic genius – a savant – and to scream that his works should be banned outright is so, so wrong. his name alone pushes people’s buttons and those with the power to influence others should be aware of that. the way the mpaa forced him to cut the lap dance scene out of his grindhouse picture death proof when rodriguez wasn’t forced to take whole scenes out of planet terror proves that quentin tarantino is unfairly targeted for derision and abuse simply because of his provocative reputation . . .
[/quote]

The lapdance scene was taken out of the US theatrical cut for time reasons, the MPAA had nothing to do with it.

More than anything it’s that he does it well, the kind of violence where you feel for the character and even if you don’t, he just knows how to do it well.

I just wish more people did a little research into what they bitch about. I got no problem with informed criticism, but when you bitch about something that hasn’t even been released yet? Goddamn…

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
I got no problem with informed criticism, but when you bitch about something that hasn’t even been released yet? Goddamn…
[/quote]

Couldn’t have said it any better, it ridiculous.

Nothing will come of it.

The OFLC (Australian ratings board) has been known for being inconsistent in its ratings, but nowadays the only films getting Refused Classification (essentially a ban) are for what they deem to be extreme sexual themes such as paedophilia and such. But with films like Shortbus and Cannibal Holocaust being allowed a R18+ rating in their unedited form, I don’t see how Inglourious Basterds would ever even be considered for a ban. Violence just isn’t that big a deal to the OFLC nowadays and whilst I disagree with them on a number of issues, they are known as a liberal board where information is valued over censorship.

On another note, Kill Bill (which received an R18+ rating) was labeled as “Medium Level Violence”, which to me says a lot about the kind of violence in that film. They did recognise that for the most part it wasn’t reality-based or very impactful.

And anyone who knows the Australian rating system knows that because they value information so much there are at least ten ways to say something is violent: “Low/Medium/High Level Violence”, “Blood and Gore”, “Low/Medium/High Animated Violence”, “Mild/Strong Violence”, “Realistic Violence”, “Impactful Violence”, “Sexual Violence”, etc. This is basically just one of Australia’s many ignorant “Family” groups having another bitchfest.

. . . what you can get away with in terms of violence and gore changed THE INSTANT rodriguez’s and tarantino’s grindhouse picture came out . . .

. . . i’m actually amazed grindhouse even got made considering how graphic it is, and it shows the power that rodriguez and tarantino wield with the industry and the censors. your average lesser-known directors wouldn’t even have bothered developing material that graphically explicit. it’s obvious that the grindhouse movie has given new life to the trash cinema genre and it’s bestowed major freedom on genre directors. it’s about money and even the film censors know that. there’s an audience for grindhouse trash now and that’s why there’s this ongoing wave of cool grindhouse features coming out, shows like kurtzman’s the rage and bishop’s hell ride. rodriguez and tarantino are total leaders in their field and in a certain way their grindhouse movie is just as revolutionary as reservoir dogs and pulp fiction in that it’s spawned imitators and has had an obvious influence on the works of genre directors. they raised the bar on what you can get away with and what the gore/action audience expects from their movies. the message from grindhouse was this: it’s no-holds-barred-all-out-war everybody, we’re kicking some serious cinematic ass, now you go and kick some ass of your own . . .

i don’t know about that. Grindhouse was done in a certain way that the violence and other explicit elements weren’t really meant to be taken seriously. If they had done a film just as graphic and twice as serious they probly would have had some problems.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
i don’t know about that. Grindhouse was done in a certain way that the violence and other explicit elements weren’t really meant to be taken seriously. If they had done a film just as graphic and twice as serious they probly would have had some problems.
[/quote]

you mean like Michael Savage calling for a boycot of the company responsible for making the Hostel movies? He called them low-grade snuff films - of course he’s a complete douche-bag who would suggest something as un-American as censorship…so fuck him.

Yeah censorship is for pussies. This reminds me of a cool song that the Ramones did - it’s called “Censorshit”. The point is we need more violence in this world people! Violence makes the world go round! Did Jesus fight the Romans with sweet roses - NO! He slayed them all with his Jesus sword until they begged for mercy and forgiveness! He sure looked cool in that yellow suit, I just didn’t get why he had blonde hair. Bad choice.

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
you mean like Michael Savage calling for a boycot of the company responsible for making the Hostel movies? He called them low-grade snuff films - of course he’s a complete douche-bag who would suggest something as un-American as censorship…so fuck him.
[/quote]

exactly.

I wonder if these people will even watch the movie?

You mean the little boy from Wonder Years?

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
You mean the little boy from Wonder Years?

[/quote]

I think that’s Fred Savage lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Michael Savage is a stupid radio talk-show host who makes Ann Coulter look like a likeable person. Speaking of Ann coulter - I’d like to take a shit in her heart.

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
Michael Savage is a stupid radio talk-show host who makes Ann Coulter look like a likeable person. Speaking of Ann coulter - I’d like to take a shit in her heart.
[/quote]

lmao, me as well

I’m from Austria, but the few things I’m catching from US political talk show hosts and people like that I’m asking myself WTF, why do these people have their own shows? In America a lot of people are allowed to be on air spilling their garbage. But then again, isn’t that part of what makes America great? So many different opinions and the platforms to spread them from?

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I’m from Austria, but the few things I’m catching from US political talk show hosts and people like that I’m asking myself WTF, why do these people have their own shows? In America a lot of people are allowed to be on air spilling their garbage. But then again, isn’t that part of what makes America great? So many different opinions and the platforms to spread them from?
[/quote]

they have their own shows because a lot of people feel the same way and share the same views… somehow… retards.

It all depends on what part of the country you are in. If you’re living in New York City, for example, you’d be hard-pressed to find many right-wing conservatives like Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh. I happen to live in Texas where there are very few liberals. I’d say I’m outnumbered 20-1 where I live. Radio shows with these neo-con freaks do really well here, but I doubt they get much airtime in New York City.

America is great for people like me who don’t like to be told what we can or cannot say. In fact, it is fucking paradise. The only down-side is that demagogues like michael savage or glen beck prey on the weak-minded masses who are simply unable to think for themselves. :’(