Resident Evil: Extinction 9/21/07 (Trailer)

Yeah and now he has to make a good film. I’m hoping the Diary of the Dead is as good as Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead.

yea well he did direct the japanize trailer for it but still land of the dead was great but worst of the series i think it could have been a better series without it.

Land of the Dead isn’t in the same ballpark of Dawn and Night. Hell it ain’t even in the same division, league, sport, country - it is so much worse than them.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea well he did direct the japanize trailer for it but still land of the dead was great but worst of the series i think it could have been a better series without it.
[/quote]He directed like a two minute segment for Biohazard 2 (Resident Evil 2). That clip was so popular in Japan that Capcom along with Sony Pictures agreed to hire George to write/direct a feature. But after the script was done, they hated it and fired him. That’s where Paul Anderson came along; since Mortal Kombat was so successful, they thought he would be right for the project. And they were right, they made a lot of money!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
He directed like a two minute segment for Biohazard 2 (Resident Evil 2). That clip was so popular in Japan that Capcom along with Sony Pictures agreed to hire George to write/direct a feature. But after the script was done, they hated it and fired him. That’s where Paul Anderson came along; since Mortal Kombat was so successful, they thought he would be right for the project. And they were right, they made a lot of money!
[/quote]

no they were dead wrong it was shit.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Land of the Dead isn’t in the same ballpark of Dawn and Night. Hell it ain’t even in the same division, league, sport, country - it is so much worse than them.
[/quote]

day was really good too, but not one horror movie peroid can even touch dawn.

I gotta see Day of the Dead.

day was probably my least favorite out of the first 3 but it is still extremely good way better than land.

and roger avery thinks its the best in the series.

Money is what matters to these production companies. Do you think they care if you’re artistic, they tell you what they want and how they want it done and if you disagree. . .well you saw what happened to Romero. So when you’re dealing with a huge franchise like Resident Evil, the filmmaker has very little input. I mean that’s why Romero likes working outside the big hollywood production companies.

yea and that is why 90% of cinema today is trash and not the good kind like in the 70s where it was a pleasure to trash pick.

New screenshots. These stills are awesome!

EAT YOUR FUCKING HEART OUT "MACHETE"

BAAAAD AAASSSS

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-nost … xtinction/”>http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-noster/tags/extinction/</LINK_TEXT>

looks like a no holds bar action film not a zombie film.

I know it is, that’s why its going to be so great. Why would anyone want to see the old zombie flicks that you could easily pick up at a local video store. This is some brand new kick you in the ass action with a gorgeous woman in the leading role. The action looks crazy, Alice soaring high in the air combating BOWS, which include a new breed of zombies known as “crmson heads”. And not to mention, the introduction to the meanest mother in the world. . .Albert Wesker! Who was based on the T-1000 character from Terminator 2. When you watch a film like this you have to sit back, rlax and suspend disbeleif. You people sicken me, especially you Jjp! Resident Evil is revolutionary, when will you open your eyes to see that!

yea but the old zombie films they had something good going why change it…

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea but the old zombie films they had something good going why change it…
[/quote]Because it’s fuckin predictable, that’s why! People get infected with radiation, rage infected monkeys, comets, etc. then throughout the whole 70 minutes or so, we see them running for their lifes, trying to escape. I know Paul WS Anderson isin’t much of a writer, but at least he tries to be a bit original.

you can loosely use the old forula and be original.

Exhibit A: Planet Terror was predictable as hell, and seriously how many times can you watch that film without getting bored. Not to mention those annoying Baby sitter Twats, I hate those bitches. Fuck Planet Terror and these awful GrindHouse wannabe films. It’s time for a change, and Resident Evil: Extinction is the way to go. :wink:

although planet terror is really only the good the first time you see it, it was definatly the greatest zombie film since land of the dead the rest in that period sucked. and land of the dead was not really that good but way better than resident evil and most of the zombie films of the late 90s and 2000s

I keep hearing land of the dead really sucked.