Re: Ennio Morricone and Kill Bill!

Actually a lot of early Hong Kong kung fu flicks used many Morricone tunes.

[quote]Actually a lot of early Hong Kong kung fu flicks used many Morricone tunes.[/quote]

Which ones?

Hello ToothpickVicVega.

I was kinda kidding. But you know that there are tons of those early Hong Kong/Taiwan kung fu or sword fighting flicks ripped off Morricone’s, Lalo Schifrin’s and Johon Barry’s (espeicially from Bond movies) music.

Also Issac Hayes’ “Theme From Shaft” is famous among kung fu movie fans. Because “Queen Boxer” used this song for its opening title and some prints of Jimmy Wang Yu’s “One Armed Boxer” used the same tune. Actually the Japanese DVD (already out of print) of “One Armed Boxer” is used this print with “Shaft” music.

I think Mr. Tarantino knows it and he purposely uses music from old movies. However, I believe he pays royalty for those music.

[quote]Hello ToothpickVicVega.

I was kinda kidding. But you know that there are tons of those early Hong Kong/Taiwan kung fu or sword fighting flicks ripped off Morricone’s, Lalo Schifrin’s and Johon Barry’s (espeicially from Bond movies) music.

[/quote]

Ok, I see what your saying now. I was gonna say, Morricone never did any music for the old school kung fu films.

Also, not only did the old school kung fu films rip off the scores by Morricone, Shifrin, etc, they also had similar storylines to the Spaghetti Westerns. Revenge stories etc.

Just thought I’d post some trivia:

Morricone also composed some new pieces for the current Japanese NHK Taiga drama Musashi.  The weekly series depicts the highly fictionalized life of one of THE most famous swordsmen of Japanese history. ÂÂ

I mention this because well, I thought it was some pretty good obscure trivia–but I found out later that some icehole already alerted imdb to the news long ago.  Other than that, I thought it was a pretty neat tie-in what with the sword thing and all…ok forget it, just wanted to post crap.