RD reference in "Shaun of the Dead"

yeah, I liked that too. It was funny how there were those dead people and they walked around like they weren’t dead and things. what was that about anyways? A subplot?

Coupling is not to be compared with Friends. It is all English! Shaun of The Dead will not be forgotten, it’s way to cool and features some of the best actors and actress’ us Brits have (even though some of them (Matt Lucas etc) don’t speak).

I noticed the RD reference straight away.

Did you guys read somewhere that Quentin said Shaun of The Dead was one of the best films he’d seen on the year of it’s release?

did u hear quintus warned the venalicius about the impending eruption of pompei 3 days before it actually occurred?

And…IS Reservoir Dogs big over here?

I mean, it IS probably almost as well known as Pulp Fiction, but…

I dunno.

----------------------

Well, that’s what I’ve heard. Madsen says he can’t walk down the street in England without getting recognized, something that pre-Kill Bill was quite a rarity. And Quentin says so as well. He says it’s always the first thing he gets asked about when he does press in England.

And my British socials study teacher gave me a rather curious look when he overheard me talking about it.

[quote=“Ms.Blonde”]
And…IS Reservoir Dogs big over here?

I mean, it IS probably almost as well known as Pulp Fiction, but…

I dunno.

----------------------

Well, that’s what I’ve heard. Madsen says he can’t walk down the street in England without getting recognized, something that pre-Kill Bill was quite a rarity. And Quentin says so as well. He says it’s always the first thing he gets asked about when he does press in England.

And my British socials study teacher gave me a rather curious look when he overheard me talking about it.
[/quote]

Are you kidding? When RD was released it stayed in cinemas for years because they couldn’t get a certificate for video. It ended up getting more than double the profits in the UK than it did in America. Of coure it’s hugely popular here!

Shaun of The Dead was a great film but I didn’t catch the RD reference to be honest! ???

[quote=“Mr Green”]
Shaun of The Dead was a great film but I didn’t catch the RD reference to be honest! ???
[/quote]
Well I didn’t notice it either until it was pointed out to me on the net. :wink:

Yeah, I’ll have to have to watch it again, next time I go round to my friends house. I should probably should start buying DVD’s for myself I only seem to get them for other people, or recieve them as presents etc… :slight_smile:

Shawn is awesome. The british humor took me a couple viewing to really get tho, and apparently some of the jokes are inside refs to Pegg’s tv series. :slight_smile:

It’s hilarious. And actually Tarantino’s favourite film of 2004(or 2003 cant remember) so it’s one to watch.