Quentin Tarantino's Dracula

Influence and AFI lists are 2 different things. I don’t think THE WIZARD OF OZ, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, THE GODFATHER, or LAWRENCE OF ARABIA has any substance for me at all. Lists are popularity contests and I agree are stupid. But a movie’s influence is a wonderful thing.

Now I really just wanted to get to my point of I don’t want QT falling down into a category like other Hollywood directors do. He is becoming the Michael Bay of movie references and homages is what I am getting at. Change it up a bit. Like you said, he shouldn’t care what people think. Okay then he shouldn’t have a problem changing it up, despite what his fans would think of that too.

Everyone would agree QT should be fresh and new with evey film, yes? Well right now QT = sub-genre director with some catchy tunes and I don’t want to see an artist have a label.

He will keep making genre/subgenre movies, hopefully, or mixtures of those two.

There are a lot of awesome genres he has left to tackle (if he chooses to, but why not KB Vol.3 for example?), and there is enough awesome film music to fill his movies.

Let them give him a label if they want to. Personally, I don’t care. As long as there is financing for his creative vision, I’m cool. The day he starts sucking up to the Oscar crowd or the arthouse crowd, compromising his creative vision along the way, that day I will stop being a Tarantino fan. So far, he doesn’t show any sign of doing that.

… another crime movie would be cool: a sequel or prequel to reservoir dogs or pulp fiction of course …

… elmore leonard’s the switch (the prequel to rum punch) is finally slated for production by another director so no more jackie brown for q.t. unless he writes some new material for the characters. it appears tarantino’s completed his crime trilogy and doesn’t seem to be too interested in doing hard crime movies any more. did kill bill or death proof or inglourious basterds look anything like his early crime pictures? not at all. that’s not where he is now. he’s been perfecting his directing style with every film and inglourious was very stylish. accordingly, a stylish and cool dracula movie fits perfectly … not too mention vampires are hotter than ever now …

… and for those drooling for more pulp fiction – wait a while and you can be assured there will probably be a pulp fiction 2 at some point. it’s a modern trend, many of the major directors return to their big movies for sequels (wall street 2 from oliver stone an example. very unexpected and very cool). quentin may never need the money for a pulp 2 but at some future plateau in his career it might be just the right surprise project for the fame …

He confirmed Kill Bill Vol.3, so…yeah.

i don’t think he’ll do gangster movies again in the near future, personally I’m glad for that.

I don’t know, as long as he’s got the pull he should keep doing these bigger movies. He could always go and do a smaller flick like Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

There are things I would like to see him handle, just to spice up the genre. But ultimately, this is a man who lives his life as he sees fit. Arrogant, talented and full of inspiration. He’s like an uncontrollable force at times.

Like Brad Pitt said, don’t calm him down, it would change who he is… or something like that. I totally agree. Let the man do his work, it seems to be serving him and his fans well.

Then again, I’m just his whore. w#r

[quote]
CK, fan boyish aside, what mark is he leaving exactly that hasn’t been done before? I love QT, and if I didn’t I wouldn’t be here for years, but to jump outside the box of being a fan boy for a moment, what mark has he left so far? Bringing pop culture and violence to the 90’s? Done before. People still hold on to Pulp Fiction as his masterwork because of that, but it’s been done before.
[/quote]

So Vol 2 had no depth? Inglourious Basterds wasn’t fresh and original?

People call Pulp Fiction his best work almost by default now because it’s his most popular and quotable. They don’t speak of it as a story of redemption or anything else. (I don’t believe it is his best.) People who only see violence or references need to open their eyes.

… just to throw this idea out there, i’m waiting for steve carell of the office fame to make his BIG picture with a BIG director like spielberg or something, that breathrough dramatic or semi-dramatic role that elevates him to superstardom …

… steve carell would break BIG as the bloodsucking count in quentin tarantino’s dracula. would be very sweet casting indeed …

[quote=“postmaster.general”]… just to throw this idea out there, i’m waiting for steve carell of the office fame to make his BIG picture with a BIG director like spielberg or something, that breathrough dramatic or semi-dramatic role that elevates him to superstardom …

… steve carell would break BIG as the bloodsucking count in quentin tarantino’s dracula. would be very sweet casting indeed …[/quote]

Here is his Dracula: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OB9-UvTO-I[/url]

… thanks for the link …

… carell was just goofing around in that scene. that’s certainly NOT his take on the dracula role …

[quote=“postmaster.general”]… thanks for the link …

… carell was just goofing around in that scene. that’s certainly NOT his take on the dracula role …[/quote]

It was a joke. It's from the Office. The flasher episode.

… if qt was doing a nosferatu remake then i could see christoph waltz in the klaus kinski part …

… interestingly, kinski did a sequel to nosferatu that i only recently became aware of …

just to throw this idea out there, i’m waiting for steve carell of the office fame to make his BIG picture ,Thanks for this link