Quentin Marathon '05 - Jackie Brown Week 1

The first time I saw the film ( afew months ago) I didnt really like it…

But its a film that the more you re-watch it, the more you begin to appreciate it and enjoy it:

01.Acting Preformances- Pam Griers great, she really gets into the groove of Jackie, Jacksons great, and I even like the little bit that Chris rock was in…Bridget Fonda (?) got on my nerves a bit, and Deniro just didnt have much of presence for me in the film…well until he flips and shoots melanie :smiley:

02.The Music- very well used in the film and really sets the funky, groovy atmosphere…

03.The Dialouge/The Writing- it was good, but it lacked some of the punch and irony that you’d expect in QT’s film…not saying that the writing is’nt good, just that there are times in the film where your waiting for a punchline that never comes…

04.The Mall Scene- Fantastic, defintiley the highlight of the film for me…and picked up from the ‘hanging around’ part of the movie, which caused me to lose intrest a little bit…

Fav line:

“Can I get you anything?”

“No im fine”

“Yes you are!”

[quote=“QT Fan”]
I know but how Quentin did it kicked ass.
[/quote]

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
exactly, the entire mall scene and the follow up to it very much reminded me of the last half hour of The Good, Bad & Ugly, all these characters wanting the same thing: The Money! They woke up with that thought on their mind: Today is the day im gonna get rich, and i love that, its really great
[/quote]

Yeah, QT did it very well ! ANd I agree with you Johny_Exhale that there’s something from The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly in it.

[quote=“Jot”]
Fav line:

“Can I get you anything?”

“No im fine”

“Yes you are!”
[/quote]

Haha yeah, I remember posting that in JB - Fav Quotes and nobody else had it.

Although, one problem was there was no pre-credit sequence. I was a little dissapointed the first time I watched it. Not like I have a problem with it, it’s just its sorta one of the thing QT always has in his movies.

This is my favorite QT movie, and I’ll chime in with my comments on each of those points later, but one thing I wanted to mention is that Pam Grier should have gotten a best actress nomination for this. Remember, this was the year they gave best actress to Helen fuckin’ Hunt.

Oh my god, what was the movie she won for?

Jackie Brown is really the least favorite on my list…Pulp Fiction is #1 and Kill Bill vol.2 #2

[quote=“CopperHead”]
Oh my god, what was the movie she won for?
[/quote]

as good as it gets (blech)

ppft! She just got it cuz she was nude in that movie! Wait so was Bridget Fonda…

This year’s Academy Award winner for BEST ACTRESS is:Charlize Theron (HER NEW MOVIE IS A TEAR JERKER).

That was funny.

But seriously, can we get back to talking about Jackie Brown. I believe last topic was about Pam Grier.

Haha, I just found a new quote I love.

“Is she dead, yes or no?”

“Pretty much.”

[quote=“CopperHead”]
Haha, I just found a new quote I love.

“Is she dead, yes or no?”

“Pretty much.”
[/quote]

I remember that one : very funny !