Quentin Hated it, Did you?

I read QT’s screenplay like 2 years ago and liked it, but a lot of people talk about how different they are, so I guess I’ve just never gotten around to watching it.

Besides, Oliver Stone is an overrated liberal piece of shit.

It was ok, nothing special at all…as Quentin told on the Opie and Anthony show, all the good stuff, the funny stuff, was his…sadly, most of it was totally different from the original script so there isn’t that much “good stuff”

Shit. I don’t see how anyone could not like this movie. I understand why QT is sore but for fucks sake! The whole cast turns in some of their best work. The way the movie was shot was very unique for its time. Im not sure I had seen CGI in a film before and I know Ive never seen it used in a good way since. I think I’ll watch this one again tonight.

yea i think they used like 35mm 16mm 8mm and like 4 differant types of video to shoot the movie drfinatly its a piece of art.

Saw it yesterday for the first time. The first scene (Juliette dancing) was wonderful but then the editing started getting on my nerves. I got used to it very quickly, though. And while the editing didn’t always work to the fullest the cinematography was excellent. Maybe too many b/w shots but otherwise pure excellence. Sometimes kinda reminded me of what people like Hideaki Anno would do later with digital video (don’t shoot me for that reference). Acting was terrific, especially Woody Harrelson was amazing.

yea i think its Woody Harrelson best role.

It’s a very well made movie. Quentin was just envious that he couldn’t do a better job with True Romance so he hated on his awesome film for bullshit reasons.

I love this movie, it’s one of my favorites now that i’ve watched once a year since 2003.

I hated NBK. I loved True Romance. I don’t think QT’s envious of Oliver Stone. I read somewhere that he was pissed because Stone fucked with his script making it difficult for the audience to sympathize with its central characters. Also, that the film was far more disturbing than QT’s original intent. I do think the actors did a terrific job in NBK despite Oliver Stone. QT didn’t direct True Romance.

[quote=“Fuckface”]
It’s a very well made movie. Quentin was just envious that he couldn’t do a better job with True Romance so he hated on his awesome film for bullshit reasons.

I love this movie, it’s one of my favorites now that i’ve watched once a year since 2003.
[/quote]

Loved it.

[quote=“Bkiddo”]
I hated NBK. I loved True Romance. I don’t think QT’s envious of Oliver Stone. I read somewhere that he was pissed because Stone fucked with his script making it difficult for the audience to sympathize with its central characters. Also, that the film was far more disturbing than QT’s original intent. I do think the actors did a terrific job in NBK despite Oliver Stone. QT didn’t direct True Romance.

[/quote]

I know he didn’t direct True Romance but he did write the film.

yea plus i dont think that tarantino could direct the cinematography as well as oliver stone did in NBK.

NBK was made to please the masses. They don’t appreciate anything unless it cost a fortune. This goes against everything that is Tarantino

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea plus i dont think that tarantino could direct the cinematography as well as oliver stone did in NBK.
[/quote]

Cinematography? Robert Richardson was the DP on NBK and Kill Bill. And QT is a better director than Stone is IMO.

i liked the way stone directed it, the satire style was good it made you realize how fucked up people were (mickey and mallery as idols) [quote=“Pete”]
Cinematography? Robert Richardson was the DP on NBK and Kill Bill. And QT is a better director than Stone is IMO.
[/quote]
they are very different in their styles, stone is very flashy ex this and any given sunday and tarantino really has his own style with long shots etc tarantino also directs actors alot better

I like QTs directing style better. I didnt like NBK or Any Given Sunday. AGS was so shitty I couldnt watch it.

QT is better but im just saying QT could not in a million years direct NBK the way it was directed it was a great film…i dont think he would want to but its still a great movie.

Stone’s stuff is too over-the-top as far as I’m concerned. JFK was a fucking looney-bin fantasy that only some crazy drunk in a bar would believe. The only good part was the part where Joe Pesci was painted gold and getting cornholed on the dining-room table.

i havent seen JFK yet.

its a good one if you play the Kevin Bacon game

im not to big on kevin bacon.