Quentin and Audio Commentary

Ratethatcommentary.com says that QT’s commentary only appears on “The Big Fat Kill”. Too bad. I would’ve loved to hear what he has to say about the other 2 and a half stories.

well, the rest has nothing really to do with QT, so I can understand this fact. but a pity nonetheless. but there are loads of extras on that DVD, I think that makes up for it

The best commentary is still on fight club.

When we where smashing cars we knew we had to have a Beatle.

I could only wish for that body. ;D

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
The best commentary is still on fight club.

When we where smashing cars we knew we had to have a Beatle.

I could only wish for that body. ;D
[/quote]

Yeah it was pretty good. I loved how Norton said some shit, and then Pitt and Fincher were on his arse about it, and then he’s like "oh but I didn’t mean itlike that. I was pleasantly surprised by Norton though, he isn’t as stupid as he looks. He really has something to say and isn’t dozy like a lot of retarded actors you see.

The QT/Rodriguez commentary on the DUSK DVD was also pretty good, very funny.

While flipping back and forth between the 2-Disc SIN CITY and the Tarantino marathon on TV, made a little startling discovery. QT appears more on the commentary than expected!

I was watching most of the first half with the “Rodriguez/Tarantino” track and forwarded to that part on “Hard Goodbye” to get a look at Carla’s Cuginos, ya know. Then Rodriguez yells out “Quentin’s here!” and then the familiar voice filled my speakers! Unexpected surprise and proof that I should always see things like this for myself instead of relying on net reviews.

I’ll finish the rest of that commentary tonight.

The commentary for From Dusk Til Dawn is maybe the best commentary I’ve ever heard. I’m a big fan of both Rodriguez and Tarantino and it’s fun to hear them telling lots of interesting stuff and just joking around.

• You just called someone a dot in the middle of a sentence.

[quote=“Jack Wolfgang”]
The commentary for From Dusk Til Dawn is maybe the best commentary I’ve ever heard. I’m a big fan of both Rodriguez and Tarantino and it’s fun to hear them telling lots of interesting stuff and just joking around.
[/quote]

yeah it’s really a hillarious one. one of the top reasons to get the DVD

Once again, QT provides commentary for another movie (Other than this own)

[quote=“stuck in the middle”]

i heard for PF he had got so tired of talking about it he didnt want to talk about it anymore

[/quote]

Yeh but ive listened to a fair few commentary’s that have had very little relevance to the films themselves… he could just make a commentary ( rant ) using the film as a subject starter for semi related stuff that we dont know… that would be worth listening to… i have a hard time believing that he wouldn’t have anything interesting to talk about…

QT will never do audio commentaries for his own (self directed) films because he wants to let the work be seen through diff eyes and not comment on his own work. I’m sure he’ll keep doing commentaries for other films simply because they arent his.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
QT will never do audio commentaries for his own (self directed) films because he wants to let the work be seen through diff eyes and not comment on his own work. I’m sure he’ll keep doing commentaries for other films simply because they arent his.
[/quote]

Well thats just stupid. As a fan im dying to know some behind the scenes stuff.

I wouldnt mind just having any audio commentaries on his DVDs. Even if its someone else who worked on the films or critics.

I can see why he might want to distance himself from commenting on his work directly like that… you know to preserve its integrity… and not to make viewing it in a way “the right way”… but i think a bit of an off topic rant with a bit of new insight would work…

In the From Dusk Till Dawn commentary he says that he can’t just bring himself to watch his own movies all over again. But hopefully he’ll at least consider doing some for the Grindhouse box-set.

He cant watch his movies? I thought he made all of them for himself?

[quote=“Laydback”]
Once again, QT provides commentary for another movie (Other than this own)

[/quote]

Oh, SHIT! THAT is one killer DVD, man! Hot Fuzz! I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, especially in Shaun Of The Dead, is it out already?! And it has QT commentary too, just wow!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
In the From Dusk Till Dawn commentary he says that he can’t just bring himself to watch his own movies all over again. [/quote]

Everyone knows that’s bullshit. He’s just taking a “John Ford” stance.

I still think he should do one, and just blather away, talk about influences and stuff, he doesn’t have to talk about the film per se, but the things surrounding it. like he could talk about grindhouse movies all the time and just relate it to what happens on screen every once in a while, like “aaaaalriiiight, now THAT’s classic kurt russel, it should remind the true geek of…” etc…

QT talking over opening Death Proof credits:

“Vroom! Vroom! Thats my little tribute to Jack Nitzsche…Okayyyyy, Alriiiight. Look at those feet alriiiight. Thats the bomb maaaan heheheheheh!!”

QT not doing commentaries for his own movies is a shame, really. I love hearing his voice when talking about films, he’s so passionate about his craft. A true source of inspiration.