QT's next: SB Mandarin flick?

Yeah, you clearly know exactly what QT is thinking at every waking moment ( ::slight_smile:).

He’s making this movie for ME, me, me, me, me. Because I care.

hey fatale, you have the same icon as that one fag thats on here now, cant think of his name at the moment though.

and for Hong Kong cineima not sure if this is aimed for the West

[quote=“tab665”]
[quote=“Fatale”]
I dont think QT is making this movie for his fans, he is making it for himself.
[/quote]
maybe hes making up for volume two
[/quote]

Ooooh… careful!

Sounds good - hope he gets started and keeps busy instead of talking the talk

[quote=“tab665”]
hey fatale, you have the same icon as that one fag thats on here now, cant think of his name at the moment though.
[/quote]
That would be me. Hey, man could you just grow up and start acting you’re age. All I did was make a joking reference to Bill Maher’s show about Team America.

Now if you want you want to call me a fag just for that then fine.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
I’m a fan and he’s making this one for me. IB is what, 3 scripts? How long would that take anyway? This one will probably only take a few months to a year at the most, and it’s definitely going to be awesome. So i’m excited.
[/quote]

I hear ya Buono, dont get me wrong tho, i would LOVE to see QTs take on WW2, but this project is going to kick so much ass! and it shouldnt take 6 years to make it like it would take IB. I hope we get this movie soon.

-

[quote=“Fatale”]
Hey Mouth, you dont have to bitch about what I said. It is the opinion of others not me. Got that? Others…not me…others…not me
[/quote]

Sorry I dont think anyone gets much of what you say.

Really? What a shame

[quote=“Ify”]
Oh, for fucks sake. He has already done kung fu film. Why not do Inglorious Bastards first then do the kung fu film?? :-</E>

I wonder if he intends to make it like Hero or House of Flying Daggers??
[/quote]

exactly…and why the fvck in mandarine what fvcking work does that leave him with?

He just loves it, I don’t. I know how good could he will be, how great the movie could look, I know it’s not going to be like Hero, but I don’t like the idea. His japanese and chinese martial arts and culture fits in a movie about something else, I can’t imagine a complete kung fu film made by Tarantino.

the way i see it is, he just had so much fun doing kill bill he wants to stick a little with this chinese kung fu genre and dive a bit deeper than the kill bill setting allowed. so he’ll just make this “little” chop-socky film and then move on to bigger things after that.

lets see what we’ll hear from that soon

I think his dialogue is his greatest strength, why not use it??

I have a feeling that this project won’t get made…it sounds too risky. Although Kill Bill was risky, it wasn’t in Mandarin or campy like this one sounds like it will be, plus he just got done with Asian flicks. I would have liked to have seen Inglorious Bastards first, and maybe another non-campy Asian film ten years down the road so people don’t think he’s a one-trick-pony.

I don’t think it’ll be too risky based on the fact that it will most likely have a relatively small budget and won’t feature any big name (American) actors. The whole dubbing thing does sound pretty gay to me, so hopefully both versions will be released here in theaters.

…though I doubt it

after this post a discussion about SCARFACE and OLIVER STONE started.

Which was definatly off topic, but also interessting.

So I moved the posts to the De Palma SCARFACE topic (keep in mind that there are TWO Scarface movies. Go andSEE them both!)

Anyway,

just read HERE and talk about Scarface (by De Palma)

just read HERE and read about De Palma

just read HERE and read about Oliver Stone

Both projects sound good. I don’t care what he does, as long as he does something. SOON!

It’s better him doing this if it’s gonna get him motivated for IB.

He wont start on IB for a long time, so he may as well do this before hand.

I think it’s important for him to do exactly what he wants to and not follow the expectations of others. Part of the reason I find him so fascinating is that he makes his ideas work and does not pander to critics or even the audience.

[quote=“guiltygenius”]
I think it’s important for him to do exactly what he wants to and not follow the expectations of others. Part of the reason I find him so fascinating is that he makes his ideas work and does not pander to critics or even the audience.
[/quote]

Yeah, true. But I am still hoping that Kung Fu film won’t be so bad as I think.

Quentin wont treat this like all his other movies. I dont think he will advocate it much. He is making it for himself and Kung Fu lovers. He doesnt make movies because he has to. He makes them because he wants to.