QT's movie collection

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
well, I check out a lot of films scorsese recommends…

also working in a videostore and watching the movies qt did, doesnt give you the talent :stuck_out_tongue:

same thing: looking at works by da vinci, dali, monet or van gogh, it doesnt give you the skill of making a painting of the same qualities

I really dont know why a lot of people think that making movies is easy. Like all works of art: it’s like sitting on your knees to pave the street.

[/quote]

I also watched a lot of movies Scorsese loves and talks about.

And I total agree with you : filmmaking isn’t as easy as we can think ! Damned no ! You’ve given very interesting exemples for that.

You definitely should watch movies reccomended by your favorite filmmakers. Since finding out about Michael Powell from Scorsese Ive been watching all his films on TCM and they are truly beautiful works of cinema.

I always check out the films QT reccomends. Sometimes Im let down by them (ex: Thriller) other times I love them (ex: Switchblade Sisters). Its not so much about loving every film for me, I just like to experience films from all over the world. Im not going to lie and say Ive loved every movie Ive ever seen, thats not true. Its just about expanding my film watching palette, learning about film in all its forms, both good and bad. I have my favorites and stuff I think sucks.

Of course, only by watching tons of movies you cant just become a great filmmaker, it takes alot of thought and talent. If you do want to be a filmmaker, you should try to watch as much film as you can and then apply certain techniques you enjoy for your own movies. All you can do is try and create something interesting, if it works, it works if it doesnt, keep trying.  ÂÂ

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Of course, only by watching tons of movies you cant just become a great filmmaker, it takes alot of thought and talent. If you do want to be a filmmaker, you should try to watch as much film as you can and then apply certain techniques you enjoy for your own movies. All you can do is try and create something interesting, if it works, it works if it doesnt, keep trying.  ÂÂ
[/quote]

Well said…

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
Since finding out about Michael Powell from Scorsese Ive been watching all his films on TCM and they are truly beautiful works of cinema. ÂÂ
[/quote]

Really? Please, please, please contribute to this thread

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=2628.0

Lovely replies to my previous comment. Ah! Beautiful feeling that is called ‘hope’.

[size=70]<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/top … -long.html”>http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/topten/poll/directors-long.html</LINK_TEXT>[/size]

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]

I always check out the films QT reccomends. Sometimes Im let down by them (ex: Thriller) other times I love them (ex: Switchblade Sisters). Its not so much about loving every film for me, I just like to experience films from all over the world. Im not going to lie and say Ive loved every movie Ive ever seen, thats not true. Its just about expanding my film watching palette, learning about film in all its forms, both good and bad. I have my favorites and stuff I think sucks.

Of course, only by watching tons of movies you cant just become a great filmmaker, it takes alot of thought and talent. If you do want to be a filmmaker, you should try to watch as much film as you can and then apply certain techniques you enjoy for your own movies. All you can do is try and create something interesting, if it works, it works if it doesnt, keep trying. ÂÂ
[/quote]

as most of the time, totally agree…I really liked the style and outfit of Christina Lindberg in thriller though…

pure coolness 8)

[quote=“j_c”]
I’ve never heard of/seen the 2nd, what is it?
[/quote]

friend (chingoo): this is one of the best asian films I’ve ever seen. If you havent seen it, check it out!! It has a pretty western feel to it and is just very cool!

coming of age mix with gangster/ drama with some nice stylistics! you wont be dissapointed but amazed!

cool, ill check it out then :slight_smile:

TIG: I agree the outfits she has in the film are awesome, but the movie itself was a dud for me. If you want to see an awesome rape-revenge film watch I Spit On Your Grave. Thats my favorite.

After watching Thriller I also noticed that Snake Plissken from EFNY/LA is dressed in the same way. Do you think John Carpenter saw the film and used her black outfits/eyepatch as the basis for Snakes?

I also have a theory about Elle Driver in Kill Bill. QT said that he got Elle from Thriller, but I think that she is actually playing a female Snake Plissken. Watch Escape From NY/LA and then Kill Bill. Look at both their eyes and listen to their voices.

The only time I’ve ever sought out a movie based only on knowing QT liked it and nothing more was when I bought One Eyed Jacks on a cheapo dvd from Borders. And while I wouldn’t say it sucked or anything, it didn’t light my world on fire. It looked nice and it had a couple choice pieces of dialog but it moved too slow and none of the relationships seemed organic. Brando’s Rio was a douchebag in it, weaing a stupid tiny hat around his neck and using an Elvis accent.

And on topic, having that many movies would just make me neurotic and unproductive, I’d have them all but I’d know I’d never have time to watch all of them.

[size=160]

This board is not for selling your stuff, man.
[/size]

I deleted your ebayselling topic and sended you a pm. All you did is coming back and start advertise your stuff again!

Please read the board rules and start talking about QT and such.

oooft majorly owned.

haha, more than that: PWNED

[quote=“WinslowLeach”]
TIG: I agree the outfits she has in the film are awesome, but the movie itself was a dud for me. If you want to see an awesome rape-revenge film watch I Spit On Your Grave. Thats my favorite.

After watching Thriller I also noticed that Snake Plissken from EFNY/LA is dressed in the same way. Do you think John Carpenter saw the film and used her black outfits/eyepatch as the basis for Snakes?

I also have a theory about Elle Driver in Kill Bill. QT said that he got Elle from Thriller, but I think that she is actually playing a female Snake Plissken. Watch Escape From NY/LA and then Kill Bill. Look at both their eyes and listen to their voices.
[/quote]

I was sadly untouced by I spit on your grave…but again, I also don’t like strawdogs that much, which I see as kinda of the same movie. I love peckinpah, don’t get me wrong, but strawdogs has been catched up by time…I wans’t shocked by the rape watching ISOYG and the revenge was very awesome, but I rate Thriller: a cruel picture higher in that aspect, but I am a real sucker for style.

I agree on thriller being far from perfect, but it has some style aspects that just blew me away. I could 've done without most of the movie except for the pure coolnes of Christina Lindberg’s outfit. The shots, the eyepatch, the shotgun, the revenge!!

If Elle should be modeled around anyone its should be the male coolness of snake and the female coolnes of one eye!! Can’t beat that!

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Yes, he’s got a lot of VHS and DVD, and 35mm movies !

But don’t know the exact list…

I’ve scanned and posted those pics on another post i am in love with the way of his image he is fine… thanx for the picture i may rest at ease or die yeah right not just yet…

Now they are from the French Rolling Stone mag issue.

This is his special projection room :

And this is his living-room (you don’t see everything, but on the right, there is his couch, and on it, he has got teddy bears !) :

[/quote]