QT's favorite movies

i always knew he had a passion for rich blondes…

Bexi!

Will there be the day, when you really talk about QT as a movie maker and not talking about, that you meet him?

C´mon the 1th June is my birthday, do me a cute and try to post ONE post ( as my little birthday surprise) that is really Qt MOVIE related…

One!

[quote]Bexi!

Will there be the day, when you really talk about QT as a movie maker and not talking about, that you meet him?

C´mon the 1th June is my birthday, do me a cute and try to post ONE post ( as my little birthday surprise) that is really Qt MOVIE related…

One![/quote]

Oh my god!

How old will you be? We should totally through a party!

starts embarrassing conga line that makes a matrix fan site look good

Stop Bexi!

Before you start playing the conga: How good do you play?

Maybe you should help fill the glases or stuff like this…

I only can allow good players to play ( :wink: )

And again, don´t forget I will wait for your QT movie related post!

And I expect a lot!

:)If I have a wish free: something about ResDog or KB, cuz this are my fucking favs… :slight_smile:

Bexi, put down the crackpipe!

they’re using QT a lot to sell stuff nowadays. they re-release Hero with QT “presenting” it, they’re selling lady snowblodd etc dvd boxes with “the movies that influenced kill bill” stickers, they’re selling “kill chiba” sonny chiba boxes and so on and so forth…

i dont think QT even knows about all that :wink: but hey, thats why i love Kill Bill, it brings back all the good movies to people

The sad thing is, the marketing people actually think they need QT’s name on the box in order to sell it. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is one of the greatest films of all times. Period. THAT should be the selling point.

And QT’s favorites lists are pretty consistent given the sheer number of movies he’s seen. I mean, when you have a hundred favorite movies, its pretty hard to lay only ten out in some sort of numerical order. If someone had talked his ear off about Blow Out before asking him his ten favorite films…well, there’s a good chance he’ll list Blow Out as his favorite film. If someone starts talking about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly around him and then asks him his top ten favorite, there’s a pretty good chance he’ll list The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

I saw a film being advertised in a magazine recently and it had ‘Kill Bill’ in big bold letters but in smaller letters around it it had something like ‘from the fight choreographer of Kill Bill’, it worked though because the advert drew my attention!

never heard that qt’s favorite film is tGtBtU

i guess no-one has a fav movie

there are just too many of them

but what he once said in a german interview was that the soundtrack of tGtBtU is his favorite.

it doesn’t matter here but i like for a few dollars a bit more than tGtBtU

but just a little,little bit :wink:

I believe Blow Out is his favorite movie, and GBU is in the top 3

I saw an interview when QT said, if I had to take only 3 movies with me to go to live in a desert island, i’d choose:

1-Blow Out 2-Rio Bravo 3-Taxi Driver.

This interview took place at the Video Archives in the beginning of the nineties, if I remember well.

So this is quite the same list as QTfightclub’s.

i read or heard somewhere recently, that QT says the good bad and the ugly, is the best directed movie of all time.

The Directors’ Cut: Film-Makers Choose Their Favourite Movies

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone, 1966)
  2. Rio Bravo (Hawks, 1959)
  3. Taxi Driver (Scorsese, 1976)
  4. His Girl Friday (Hawks, 1939)
  5. Rolling Thunder (Flynn, 1977)
  6. They All Laughed (Bogdanovich, 1981)
  7. The Great Escape (J Sturges, 1963)
  8. Carrie (De Palma, 1976)
  9. Coffy (Hill, 1973)
  10. Five Fingers of Death (Chang, 1973)

how right he is, pretty much matches mine 8)

I own them all except:

Rolling Thunder (Flynn, 1977)

They All Laughed (Bogdanovich, 1981)

Five Fingers of Death (Chang, 1973)

Oh god. I know only two of them, I’ve seen only one. I can’t get what’s so great about The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?? It was entertaining, okay, but it wasn’t so stylish like many films are, it wasn’t chic, it was only entertaining and “cool”. The best parts were when Tuco escaped of the train, when Tuco first appeared, when Tuco shot the follower through water and when Tuco and Eastwood were in the shootout. The film was interesting in every minute. BUT - the war sucked (too unbelievable), the desert scenes too.

Are you sure QT made that list? Because I remember him saying several times that Blow Out was one of his top 3 favorite movies and it’s not even on this list.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Oh god. I know only two of them, I’ve seen only one. I can’t get what’s so great about The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?? It was entertaining, okay, but it wasn’t so stylish like many films are, it wasn’t chic, it was only entertaining and “cool”. The best parts were when Tuco escaped of the train, when Tuco first appeared, when Tuco shot the follower through water and when Tuco and Eastwood were in the shootout. The film was interesting in every minute. BUT - the war sucked (too unbelievable), the desert scenes too.
[/quote]

haha too bad, my friend, thats the best movie thats ever been made, the best piece of cinema known by man, trust me, you should look deeper, if you think the best part is when Tuco escapes from the train youre in a for a big surprise when you find out the artistic achievements this movie put forward, the only film that makes me smile after seeing it,no matter how shitty i feel, and ive felt pretty shitty in my days, the war was too unbeleivable?? a film doesnt have to be beleivable man, G,B&U isnt trying to be beleivable ether, sit back and watch it again, still dont like it? too bad, than its not your cup of tea, no hard feeling, but atleast try to look further than the action, this isnt some american ‘quick and the dead’ type movie you know, near the ending when the dead unknown soldier is dying and Blondie puts his cigar in his mouth, he takes a drag and dies with smoke coming out of his mouth is such an intense scene it makes the hair on balls reach for the sky

[quote=“AJCrane”]

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone, 1966)
  2. Rio Bravo (Hawks, 1959)
  3. Taxi Driver (Scorsese, 1976)
  4. His Girl Friday (Hawks, 1939)
  5. Rolling Thunder (Flynn, 1977)
  6. They All Laughed (Bogdanovich, 1981)
  7. The Great Escape (J Sturges, 1963)
  8. Carrie (De Palma, 1976)
  9. Coffy (Hill, 1973)
  10. Five Fingers of Death (Chang, 1973)
    [/quote]

For Sight and Sound magazine  Quentin gave a Top Twelve that included…

Dazed and Confused (Linklater)

Hi Diddle Diddle (Stone)

But yes, he did once say his three favourite movies were, “Taxi Driver, Rio Bravo and Blow Out” this was in a conversation with Brian De Palma featured in the film book Projections 5  But as we age our aesthetic tastes often change and develop. ÂÂ

i like Blow Out, but theres no sense in calling it one of your three favorite movies considering its the the biggest Hitchcock ripoff ever been made, the story is pure Hitch, so are most of the shots, Depalma just included some more crane shots and cross-over shots to cover it up, dont get me wrong though, ive got the dvd, seen it 20 times, love it, but you cant praise a copy, a copy will always stay a copy, the original will always be the original