Paul - Frost/Pegg - 2011

Meh. I think Edgar Wright has some mental issues, have you noticed he never stops talking about himself?!

Oh, wait he’s not directing.

But still. Meh.

Yes! Greg Mottola is directing!

Seth Rogen will be the voice of Paul.

Other cast members include:

Joe Lo Truglio

Bill Hader

Jason Bateman

Sigourney Weaver

Blythe Danner

and of course Nick Frost and Simon Pegg.

Adventureland was a fantastic surprise. I preferred it to Superbad.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Adventureland was a fantastic surprise. I preferred it to Superbad.
[/quote]

Me, too. I thought it was far more interesting & definitely more realistic & mature.

I still enjoy Superbad, but I can’t wait to get my hands on Adventureland

once it hits the video stores in August. It also makes me all the more

hoepful for this latest Pegg/Frost pairing.

I just got back from the set of this film!

It was amazing! My two mates and I got to be extras for the comicon scenes, and on the second day, we got to eat lunch with Nick Frost in his trailer and talk with him for like an hour. Most of the stuff we talked about can’t be repeated, but that just makes it 100 times cooler. Because he trusts us that much. It was so fucking pimp! And we got to hang with the crew, and sit right behind Greg Mottola at the monitors while they were filming.

Ohh, and Nick paid for our hotel! He even told us to order room service because it was on him. (All the restaurants were closed by the time we finished shooting) And then the hotel people fucked up and tried to charge me for it, and Simon Pegg came down as we were trying to work it out, and he offered to pay for our parking because he overheard me on the phone with the transportation lady who was supposed to have this all taken care of.

On our first scene the first day, it was about the 4th take, Nick saw us, and waved. And then Simon was walking around while they were resetting and he saw us and came and shook our hands and said what’s up. Then Nick ran over a couple of takes later and hugged us. He asked us how the hotel was, and we said it was very nice. Then he told us he made sure we got the room with the big poltergeist in it. ;D

During the first take of one of the later scenes, my mate Val and I were walking straight towards the camera, and were going to turn left, just like the AD told us to, but when we turned, Simon came running through doing his part, and we were in the way. Simon and I locked eyes, and he had to jump around us. When we went back to the starting point, we were right beside Nick and Simon’s starting point. I heard Simon whisper shout at me, “Geoi, Geoi!” And I looked over at him and he says, “Don’t FUCK-UP this take, you two.” Then we did it probably 10 more times, but we went across the frame instead of doing what the AD told us to, and stayed out of his way. Then as we were walking back one take, and Simon goes, “Well done guys.” Oh, and while we were waiting at start for the cameras to be reset, Simon came over and was talking with us, and he showed us a picture of his new baby, and it was really cool until other extras started walking over to see what he was showing us.

And then on another scene, Val and I were standing on our spot, and watching Greg Mottola and the DP re-watching a scene, and I look back over towards Nick and Simon, and Simon was jumping up and down waving at us.

And on another scene, Nick walked by as we were on start, and he goes, “What are you two doing, pretending to be punk kids?” and I go, “Pretending?”, and he laughed.

At the end of the last day, Nick took some pics with us and he just happened to find some extra prop book covers, and he goes, “Oh look. Book covers. Here! Stick’em in the bag, stick’em in the bag, hurry!” Then we hugged goodbye, and Nick said again for us to have room service, and he said to e-mail him to let him know we got home safely. As we were walking off, this chick was like, “I saw that. You’re so fucking lucky.” And I was like, “Yeah, I know”. And she was like, “I’m so jealous.”, and she kept going on about how jealous she was. So we walked a bit faster, cos she was getting scary.

It was a really amazing time. And I have to say, before being an extra, I never really appreciated how fucking grueling and tiresome acting is. It was terrible. 15 hour days, and all the standing, and repeating everything… It’s hell. And we didn’t even have any lines to say. I would never want to be an actor. Those guys are so fucking boss.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
I just got back from the set of this film!

It was amazing! My two mates and I got to be extras for the comicon scenes, and on the second day, we got to eat lunch with Nick Frost in his trailer and talk with him for like an hour. Most of the stuff we talked about can’t be repeated, but that just makes it 100 times cooler. Because he trusts us that much. It was so fucking pimp! And we got to hang with the crew, and sit right behind Greg Mottola at the monitors while they were filming.

Ohh, and Nick paid for our hotel! He even told us to order room service because it was on him. (All the restaurants were closed by the time we finished shooting) And then the hotel people fucked up and tried to charge me for it, and Simon Pegg came down as we were trying to work it out, and he offered to pay for our parking because he overheard me on the phone with the transportation lady who was supposed to have this all taken care of.

On our first scene the first day, it was about the 4th take, Nick saw us, and waved. And then Simon was walking around while they were resetting and he saw us and came and shook our hands and said what’s up. Then Nick ran over a couple of takes later and hugged us. He asked us how the hotel was, and we said it was very nice. Then he told us he made sure we got the room with the big poltergeist in it. ;D

During the first take of one of the later scenes, my mate Val and I were walking straight towards the camera, and were going to turn left, just like the AD told us to, but when we turned, Simon came running through doing his part, and we were in the way. Simon and I locked eyes, and he had to jump around us. When we went back to the starting point, we were right beside Nick and Simon’s starting point. I heard Simon whisper shout at me, “Geoi, Geoi!” And I looked over at him and he says, “Don’t FUCK-UP this take, you two.” Then we did it probably 10 more times, but we went across the frame instead of doing what the AD told us to, and stayed out of his way. Then as we were walking back one take, and Simon goes, “Well done guys.” Oh, and while we were waiting at start for the cameras to be reset, Simon came over and was talking with us, and he showed us a picture of his new baby, and it was really cool until other extras started walking over to see what he was showing us.

And then on another scene, Val and I were standing on our spot, and watching Greg Mottola and the DP re-watching a scene, and I look back over towards Nick and Simon, and Simon was jumping up and down waving at us.

And on another scene, Nick walked by as we were on start, and he goes, “What are you two doing, pretending to be punk kids?” and I go, “Pretending?”, and he laughed.

At the end of the last day, Nick took some pics with us and he just happened to find some extra prop book covers, and he goes, “Oh look. Book covers. Here! Stick’em in the bag, stick’em in the bag, hurry!” Then we hugged goodbye, and Nick said again for us to have room service, and he said to e-mail him to let him know we got home safely. As we were walking off, this chick was like, “I saw that. You’re so fucking lucky.” And I was like, “Yeah, I know”. And she was like, “I’m so jealous.”, and she kept going on about how jealous she was. So we walked a bit faster, cos she was getting scary.

It was a really amazing time. And I have to say, before being an extra, I never really appreciated how fucking grueling and tiresome acting is. It was terrible. 15 hour days, and all the standing, and repeating everything… It’s hell. And we didn’t even have any lines to say. I would never want to be an actor. Those guys are so fucking boss.
[/quote]

Oh, shit Geoi has gone Hollywood on us!

Nick payed all your expenses and you didn’t even blow him? You girls these days. We men give and give and we get nothing but sexual harassment lawsuits for touching your vaginas.

But cool beans for Geoi!

Wicked cool story Geoi, sounds like an absolutely amazing experience for sure. Can’t wait for the movie!

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Oh, shit Geoi has gone Hollywood on us!

Nick payed all your expenses and you didn’t even blow him? You girls these days. We men give and give and we get nothing but sexual harassment lawsuits for touching your vaginas.

But cool beans for Geoi!
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D You goofy sumbitch!

[quote=“pantsman”]
Wicked cool story Geoi, sounds like an absolutely amazing experience for sure. Can’t wait for the movie!
[/quote]

Thanks, it was the best day of my life so far. Nick is so fucking cool to us. I love him so much. Not in a weird way. He’s just the most awesome guy ever. Simon too.

We also got to meet Joe Lo Truglio, Kristen Wiig, Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, and Greg Mottola. Joe walked into extras holding, and we were the only people there who recognized him. I was so shocked. And he was really really nice. I hope he does press with them.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
We also got to meet Joe Lo Truglio, Kristen Wiig, Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, and Greg Mottola. Joe walked into extras holding, and we were the only people there who recognized him. I was so shocked. And he was really really nice. I hope he does press with them.
[/quote]
Dang man, Kristen Wiig? She’s awesome! Hopefully she’s used to her full potential. I think the funniest bits I’ve seen from her have come from her spots in various Digital Shorts on SNL. Joe Lo Truglio is great too, he was awesome in The State. My childhood was spent watching that show, great stuff.

Bill Hader wasn’t on set was he? I see him listed on the IMDB page. Dude is awesome ;D

You’re the coolest member of the board now Geoi, it’s gonna be hard to top that story :smiley:

It’s really awesome, it must have been so much fun to meet those 2! And the others too, and all the being an extra an stuff, amazing!

you had to go to New Mexico? or were you in TX

[quote=“pantsman”]
Dang man, Kristen Wiig? She’s awesome! Hopefully she’s used to her full potential. I think the funniest bits I’ve seen from her have come from her spots in various Digital Shorts on SNL. Joe Lo Truglio is great too, he was awesome in The State. My childhood was spent watching that show, great stuff.

Bill Hader wasn’t on set was he? I see him listed on the IMDB page. Dude is awesome ;D
[/quote]

Oh yeah, Kristen Wiig is in almost the entire film. She’s a major part. And Bill Hader was wrapped a couple of days before our visit. Bummer. I’d love to meet him. But I sort of feel like meeting Joe Lo Truglio made up for not meeting Hader.

[quote=“Movie_Villain”]
you had to go to New Mexico? or were you in TX
[/quote]

Yeah, we went to Albuquerque. It was a 14 hour drive. But so worth it.

And thanks RatQuiRit. It was amazing.

Aiiight… We were finally able to post our set report! I’m so not cool with people reading my shit… Understand that there were loads of things that happened that we couldn’t put in here, but I tried to convey our experience as well as possible… So, it’s in somewhat-screenplay format.

http://www.frostitution.net/paulsetreport.php

Brand new shiny TRAILER!!! Click, see, laugh, basque in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBPAGo-Qn8

That looks brilliant! And why do I only learn now that this movie involves an alien?! I’m sooooo looking forward to this.

Also, Seth Rogen’s voice seems like the perfect choice for the alien.

I have NO idea why you didn’t know Paul was about two British comic geeks that come across an alien. That seems very odd to me. Did I not mention that before? Maybe I didn’t. I just thought everyone knew. And fuck yeah! This film IS BRILLIANT! O0

I knew it was about 2 british geeks played by the 2 best british comedian geeks I know of, doing a road trip in order to attend comic con (or a similar event), but I didn’t know there was an alien involved in the process, not to mention voiced by Seth Rogen!

Oh fuck! Check the official Paul teaser trailer!

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

;D ;D ;D ;D

Just came out today!

YEAH!!! Check this shiznizz OUT!

World Premiere: Paul | Simon Pegg, Greg Mottola (The Fan Carpet) - YouTube

Joe Lo Truglio makes me feel all warm in my lower region. w#r

Can’t wait! Going to see it on Valentine’s Day, hope to laugh a lot. ;D I love Simon Pegg, my favourite is still the Spaced series.