Orange's Ring

I always figured that he was married, and initially took off the ring because he was going to meet the other Dogs, but then as he was leaving he changed his mind and put on (like what O-ren and Il-Buono, he was feeling nervous so he put it on for strength/ reassurence)

thats what I thought, I also thought the reason he put it back on was cos he didn’t want to be unfaithful to her, sort of saying he’s a good person or somthing.

Hey… I’m new.

I’ve been watching this movie pretty much on a loop for the past 72 hours (it’s like comfort food… it calm my nerves) and I’ve been trying to figure the ring out.

He puts it on… but then, when he’s just Freddy (I noticed this in the cut “no protection” scene on the roof and checked it in the first scene of the Mr. Orange chapter), he doesn’t have it on… I, however, realized that I now have way too much fucking time on my hands… ::slight_smile:

There really isn’t an answer. QT let’s us make up our own subtext and he has his. I’m not going with the gay route… as far as I know, it’s not a huge trend in the gay community to wear gold wedding bands for fashion’s sake… but I almost get more of an ex-wife/dead-wife vibe than a current one. If she was alive, wouldn’t he wear it as himself? Seems kind of young to have a dead wife… but, y’know, shit happens.

Either that, or it’s just a reminder to stay in character… that seems more logical.

oh, and if it makes any difference, I’d totally fuck Tim Roth… ;D

Maybe he put the ring on because he thought it would make him look SUPERCOOL! He thought it would go with his leather jacket! A bit of gangster bling bling, and his ring finger was the only one it fit on? No, I dont have a clue why he put the ring on! I haven’t really thought about why he put the ring on, to tell you the truth!

[quote=“morty”]
thats what I thought, I also thought the reason he put it back on was cos he didn’t want to be unfaithful to her, sort of saying he’s a good person or somthing.
[/quote]

That’s my theory, too.

Hey, im new here too. Reservoid dogs is by far my favorite movie, and i think it is making me lose my mind! I’ve heard the gay theory before, and i actually like it. Im not saying its right, but i guess thats up to the individual to decide. I think it sounds crazy to sya that jsut because two men care about each other then they have to be in romantic love, but the relationship between mr.white and mr.orange is very tender, and he does kill his boss/buddie to save him. But then again, it could be just a platonic bond right? I like both theories.

I’m starting to lean towards gay too… lol… I think that’s hot. :-*

[quote=“MsOrange”]
I’m starting to lean towards gay too… lol… I think that’s hot.  :-*
[/quote]

Lol, i agree. Tim Roth is hot…

he makes me smile downstairs! ;D

[quote=“elkie”]
he makes me smile downstairs! ;D
[/quote]

lolol me too!

Wow, that is so wrong. Lol

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Wow, that is song wrong. Lol
[/quote]

So, not song, im a dumbass who needs to relearn how to type

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
So, not song, im a dumbass who needs to relearn how to type
[/quote]

ah, seems to be right… :wink:

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Wow, that is so wrong. Lol
[/quote]
So wrong that its right. ;D

Lol, this has gotten so far off topic. :wink: But hey, im just glad im not the only person to like Tim Roth. Non of my friends seem to appreciate his work.

Most of my friends sadly don’t know who he is…

None of my friends know who he is!

Well, my father knows him as ‘the cretin from Four Rooms’. I know him only because of Tarantino’s movies.

I just watched him in “the legend of 1900” last night. He was really good in it. I dont think it would have been nearly as good without him.

Tim Roth is the MAN, hes cool as shit

The Hit

No Way Home

Gridlock’d

Hoodlum

Deceiver <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<