Official Homework and term-paper question topic

Hey i was just wondering if you guys could help me out, at college I’ve got a project to do about Tarantino (obviously), i chose him as my Auteur, so anyway my question about his work is:

The shock factor in Tarantino’s film is lessened by stragetic use of humour

The films i can use is :

Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2

Pulp fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Any film reviews

Articles about Tarantino, Anything

Im coming up to my deadline and me being a lazy ass i’ve only just begun. So any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Aw man, I never did and never do get to do cool topics like this for assignments :frowning:…anyway I’m trying do avoid actually doing any of my own work so here’s some links to existing topics where people talk about the use of humour, and violance in QT movies:

This is a really good topic for what you want, its called “Why does everyone call this a drama?”, but actually ppl mostly talk about how PF and RD are more comedic

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=1065.0

Theres also:

QT and violence

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=1030.0

QT- Violence

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=2760.0

IS PF Violent?

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=2608.0

You could also probably check out the “favourite quotes” topics that are preety much in every diffrent movie topic, since a lot of people mention their fav humourous line…

Theres probably a stack of other topics too that I cant remeber…so try the ‘Search’ function too 8)

yeah also try searching the main site, although i am not done yet filling in content.

PLZ Help !!!

Hello Tarantino fans. Im a long time browser of the forums and I felt it is time to start posting

For Eng200, my class is writing evaluative essays this week. I chose Quentin Tarantino because a.) I love his work 2.) I only had 3 minutes to come up with an idea, and 3.) I thought it was an easy topic.

Im first writing an outline for the paper, collecting some basic biography and movie facts. Now I am starting to write the paper and Im just not sure if Im covering everything. So I come to you in need of help. If you were writing this paper what subjects would you touch on. Also, feel free to give your own evaluation of QT, I am looking for opinions from others. And please, if you have any sites that you think would help me, let me know. God I hate college. Thanks!

Matt

Every week people start topic, cuz they need help for school.

I merged some of the topics to this one.

[size=140]Please post question for school projects about QT only in this topic. Thanx [/size]

This is in response to the question raised by the poster who basically asked about did QT’s movies inspire some kids to go off and shoot people.

My firm answer is no.

What ever happened to RESPONSIBLE parenting in the United States of America anymore?

The fact is that these kids could not DISTINGUISH reality from fantasy at an age in which they should be mature so in a sense it is the parents’ fault for not raising good kids.

Why should the Majority Of the American Public suffer because of the MINORITY. Last time the Minority ruled over the Majority was in South Africa in 1994 and people got KILLED. The last time we mixed religion with politics People Got Burned at the stake.

Kids just need some sort of moral foundation like religion and good parenting to bring them up right or else they start believing in fantasy and killing people. However, I do not advocate extreme right wing wacko brainwashing religion.

The fact that people were taking 5 year olds to see The Passion of the Christ is BAD PARENTING(especially when a leading preacher said it is more appropriate for kids 12 and up)

does that answer your question? ;D

this is quite handy, but even better if your a member…

A free essay on Seize the Day essays

hey… doing a essay on quentin for a uni project… iv got/read lots of info on him and his child hood and resivour dogs/pulp fiction so i no alot about him and his techniques…

i have both dvd’s of KB n looked at the ‘making of’ etc but out of all the films im mainly lacking info on KB1/2…

so if u group of experts could point me in the right directions for informative websites or descirbe the two films and help me out then it would be extremly welcomed!

thankyou, tom

What kind of information do you need specifically? :wink:

take a look at the main website…read the forum…use google if you have more questions :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“helpmepls”]
hey… doing a essay on quentin for a uni project… iv got/read lots of info on him and his child hood and resivour dogs/pulp fiction so i no alot about him and his techniques…
[/quote]

Let’s start with that it’s actually called Reservoir Dogs.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Let’s start with that it’s actually called Reservoir Dogs.
[/quote]

sorry for my bad english… been a graphic designer and dyslexic, i expect/dont really care if i may spell words wrong… unless offcourse for design work or next years dissertation (before bleach link has a lil crack on that)

other than that, i have written on QT’s upbringing RD and PF and mainly concentrated on his style… reached 3k n was only aiming for 2.5…

soooo cheers ppl thanks for your help… if ne1 wants help on essays or wants 2 copy from mine then jst email me on meandu121@hotmail.com

No. Really. Can you do me a favour?

I’m doing a Media Studies project for my exam and I’m doing it on Reservoir Dogs, I was wondering if you could possibly take a couple of minutes out of your probably busy schedule to fill out a questionnaire…

1. Gender?

2. Which age range do you fall into?

10-14 15-19 20-24 25-29 30-34 35-39 40+

3. How many times have you seen Reservoir Dogs?

Once or twice A few times Five or more times

4. Where did you first see it?

At the cinema On television On DVD/VHS at home On DVD/VHS at a friend’s

5. Did you enjoy the film?

6. Do you own a copy of the film? and if so, DVD or VHS?

7. If you own the DVD have you watched the special features? And, if so, what did you think of them?

8 ) What did you like about the film?

8. What did you dislike?

9. Where did you hear about the film?

Advertisments Word of mouth Reviews Newspaper/magazine

10. What made you want to see the film?

11. Did the film prompt you to -

Find out more about the film? See more of Tarantino’s films? See more films featuring actors from the film? Visit internet fan sites about the film? Buy merchandising, such as the action figures from the film?

12. If the film prompted you to see other films please list them and indicate whether or not you liked them.

13. Why do you think that Reservoir Dogs was such a popular film?

14. Please feel free to include any additional comments you would like to make about the film -

Ta very much! :slight_smile:

I was almost ready to do it, but then I saw the :slight_smile: thing. Haha that scares me away from everything, seriously.

I’ll edit it out if it’ll make you do the Questionnaire >:(

Hahaha, yes do it, I have no time now anyway.

you suck… >:(

[quote=“Sgt. Squishy”]
No. Really. Can you do me a favour?

I’m doing a Media Studies project for my exam and I’m doing it on Reservoir Dogs, I was wondering if you could possibly take a couple of minutes out of your probably busy schedule to fill out a questionnaire…

[/quote]

Hi!

I merged your topic with our official homework topic.
Because every week people show up and ask for help, we put all the questions in one topic.

1° F

2° 15-19

3° 5 or more times

4° On DVD at home

5° I love the movie (of course)

6° I own the DVD

7° I’ve watched the features of the special French edition, and they are excellent (maybe you wanna know what kind of features there are ?)

8° I love everything : the actors, the construction of the story, the music, the director, the editing, the non-conventional feeling, the style, … is it enough, or do I have tell more ?

9° I have nothing to answer. I love every small and hidden details of the movie.

10° Other : from my dad

11° All the stuff around the movie, and his violence, his non-conventional style made me want to see this controversed masterpiece

12° I found out more about the film (mags, books, websites, posters, and so on). I saw more of QT movie (I already saw PF, but then I saw JB). And I read some Edward Bunker novels.

13° I want to see City on Fire, but can’t find a copy in my country (France)

14° It become popular because QT done the contrary of every movie we used to see. He imposed a style of editing/telling story which wasn’t enough recongnize before him, his style for directing/using music, his actors. Everytinh made it a cool movie. And because everybody spoke about this movie, and QT (not necessary for good stuff, they also critize the violence), people want to discover what this movie was, why everybody spoke about it.

15° I have a question for you : what’s the subject of your project : the impact of RD ?

Hope my answers will help you. If you have questions about them, tell me… Good luck :wink: