Offical Thanksgiving Thread

I love that trailer. It was fucking hilarious. I was LMAO when that chick stuck her head in his crotch and reached up and the kids head was gone! the trampoline shot was excellent and the dinner scene /puke and The Pilgrim fucking the head or turkey. ROTFL! I spit out my drink twice while i was watching it. ;D

I loved the fact the killer didnt give a shit if there was a parade going on. Broad day light he just goes up and cuts the guys head off. Thats stuff we’ve always wanted to see in a slasher film!! :slight_smile:

“The Pilgrim” needs to join the other slashers like Jason, Michael Myer and Freddy!! 8)

If you’ve seen the Hostel featurettes, you’ll recognize one of the movie’s producers alongside Michael Biehn :smiley: Thought that was a cute touch.

Judging by how Eli described making this trailer on his blog and seeing this result, there’s NO DOUBT that this must’ve been fun as hell to make!

That was fuckin great

Cool trailer!

I couldn’t help either but my god that fucking ruled.

I couldnt help it I had to watch it :-[im so disappointed in myself…Im watching it as I write…so far it looks brillant it looks like a true 80’s trailer even the narration sounds so 80’s “get ready to have the stuff scared out of you!” the color is so shitty just like an 80’s trailer. There needs to be more 80s type movies now, I love those movies so much :frowning:

Fu Manchu looked so badass. I can’t make out what he says just THIS IS MY ??????

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Eli Roth provides the brilliant VO, btw.
[/quote]

No way!

Another link to the trailer:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Featured Content on Myspace … 2018859033”>Featured Content on Myspace</LINK_TEXT>

A few from the Thanksgiving trailer.

I’ll link the rest for people who don’t want to see anything.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3061/gh1cu0.gif

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/5649/gh2sp1.gif

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/156/gh3ni2.gif

utube link: <LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ed&search=”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Who actually plays The Pilgrim?

hahaha I just noticed I misspelled Official…I suck.

If this doesnt get made im gonna be really mad!

[quote=“me”]
utube link: <LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ed&search=”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Thanks for the tube link. Showed it earlier to a bunch of guys on another board and they all went crazy. It’s gonna be wild to see this in theaters!

Un-be-fukin-real! i love this trailer…i was like “oh shit” at the chick when she got stabed in her jina and afterwards i started burstin out laughin!! cant wait to see this in theaters…

[quote=“SeanZombie”]
Who actually plays The Pilgrim?
[/quote]
A good friend of Eli and ther co-writer of Thanksgiving plays The Pilgrim, his name is Jeff Rendell

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
The trailer was cool, second only to Machete, and very Texas Chainsaw Massacrey towards the end. Eli Roth provides the brilliant VO, btw.

Just one thing, which the above picture reminds me of. Is it still possible to film on location without drawing a crowd? Or is this just one of those things that filmmakers have to deal with now? It’s bad. Even in Death Proof, in the actual film, there’s a shot of Arlene’s POV of the car, slowly driving down the street. The shot lasts long enough that if you look in the background, in the far left, you will see film gawkers huddled together watching the filming. Not that it was very distracting, it wasn’t, but it’s even noticeable on a first viewing. However, being the kind of film it is, with warts and all, it’s not so bad, since the older films that inspired this film also sometimes I had movie shoot onlookers gawking at the filmmaking. But in the older films, they’re not as noticeable and they’re a few people looking at the subject, they’re never in such condensed groups like they were in Death Proof where it’s like they’re waiting in line to get on a rollercoaster.

Now, in the picture above, obviously it’s a still from the film shoot and not a frame from Thanksgiving but it just reminded me of the whole film-shoot-gawker phenomenon.

Also, in Thanskgiving, they can easily be assumed to be the parade’s on-lookers, but still, that crowd in the pic is obviously watching the filming.
[/quote]

I like that, makes it look like someones recording it as a home movie or for a school film.

From Moviesonline:

Eli Roth says “For Grind House 2 I think there’s a very strong chance of shooting it. Quentin and Robert and the Weinstein Company love the trailer so much they’re already asking me, “Where’s the script for Thanksgiving?”

Instead of making Hostel II he shoulda made Thanksgiving. Great trailer.

Does anyone else think that when Thanksgiving comes out(if it does) that alot of unreleased 80’s slasher movies will finally be released? I have a strong feeling they will. Grindhouse was a flop at the box office but thanks to the movie there has been alot of exploitation movies released.

I’d say it’s a good possibility.