[news] QT 7 is happening!

Once again, I’ll miss that fest… >:(

don’t be sad, lili, you can cry on my shoulders, honey :wink:

[quote]They should force Quentin do his shit in Germany.[/quote]

And make a pitstop in Scotland, well just anywhere in the UK that I could drive to…but I think he would like it in Scotland, we throw a good party.

How about Sweden? hehe… But Germany, yeah that’s great! Make it Cologne and I’m there… (well anywhere in Germany…)

Maybe he should just do a world tour.

[quote=“The Seb”]
check this out, QT wants to know what the fans want:

QT FEST VETS - Quentin Wants To Know: What Are Your Top 5 Films To Ever Play At A QT Fest?
[/quote]

so its not QT7? its the Best Of QT Fest? haha he ran out of prints and is afraid to admit it! nah thats was out of jelousy :stuck_out_tongue:

“Side Note: The “zombies” of Rodriguez’s part look COMPLETELY unlike any Zombies you’ve ever seen. Very Cool. Kinda hard to describe, but you’ll see… eventually”

ooh baby yeah baby 8)

no read the article, QT 7 is coming later, he didnt abandon the idea.

but he should film grind house anyway and not waste his time showing movies

Hes going to start filming Grindhouse right after the fest. Whats wrong with that?

[quote=“The Seb”]
no read the article, QT 7 is coming later, he didnt abandon the idea.

but he should film grind house anyway and not waste his time showing movies
[/quote]

Ditto. Hope Grind House doesn’t get pushed (again) cause of this QT fest. I’m always wary when it comes to Tarantino. And I hope Zoe Bell, if she’s gonna star in the film, doesn’t get knocked up by some bloke. Control your hormones Zoe, for a few months at least.

who said there’s anything wrong with it? I think he should nevertheless concentrate on making, now showing films. look at rodriguez, he’s probably half-way through filming ;-))

QT is going to start shooting right after the fest. Hes in Austin right now, probably getting things ready to go while RR is shooting his stuff. Dont worry about it.

[quote=“The Seb”]
don’t be sad, lili, you can cry on my shoulders, honey :wink:
[/quote]

:-[ If you wanna be a gentleman, help to go there :-</E> I know it’s hard…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]

:-[ If you wanna be a gentleman, help to go there :-</E> I know it’s hard…
[/quote]

I’m gonna make it up to you :wink:

but i can’t go to the fest either. you can come over and watch some movies instead if you want :-*

Official list is out. There still could be changes. But that is mostly it. I am posting the full lineup later Tuesday.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=22928

cool list

I like Sam Peckinpah and ‘Junior Bonner’ interests me especially after reading about it on the early QT festivals in ‘Ain’t It Cool’. An interesting ‘Reservoir Dogs’/‘The Wild Bunch’; ‘Pulp Fiction’/‘Straw Dogs’; ‘Jackie Brown’/‘Junior Bonner’ comparison. And if that sounds arrogant it isn’t, just read the report in which Quentin himself is actually self-effacing.

just got this in, can somebody confirm this?

“Apparently if you dont buy one of the 7 day badges, you have to show up in Austin for the nightly tickets, and it sounds like there’s a pretty slilm chance of there being any of those available”

Badges are all sold out. All that remains is a few single night tickets for each night. The important note here is that single night tickets are first available each night to Austin Film Society members. If your going to try the single night ticket route I highly recommend joining AFS. Otherwise you will be in for disappointment as AFS after AFS member passes you until there is no tickets left. There is hardly any single night tickets available as it is.

Yeah the girl at the AFS told me that single tix are always open to AFS members first on the night of the screenings. Also, she told me that a lot of badges are held for VIPs who don’t use them every night, so the number of single tix varies.

I’m in L.A. and was on redial for 40 min this morning to get my badge. I’ve never been to a QT fest so wanted to make sure the road trip was gonna pay off.

Anyone recommend cool bars or places to hang?

Dave

Los Angeles

dave in hollywood (crookback) on Myspace

How long did it take before the tickets sold out…