New Kill Bill 2 release date means no Hero

[quote]My point is violence can be as flashy and gratuitous as cgi. Don’t really see why one’s better than another. [/quote]

Live Action without CGI will always be better. CGI can be great in certain circumstances, but I think it takes more artistic talent to direct things live right on celluloid. Most of us dont care about the CGI crap anyway unless its absolutely needed. At the end of the day CGI is fake no matter how you defend it. Most of the time these days, its just used by hacks to get away with not actually directing things… COUGHGEORGELUCASCOUGH

Ill bet 5 Vanilla Cokes, Matrixfan is Redkings.

This topic makes no sense to me, it starts out like a topic about how Hero not being released is QTS fault, then you start quoting QT on 9/11, etc etc. Try keeping things about one topic when you post.

[quote]

Matrixfan, do you SEE Hero?

Matrix 2 and 3 use CGI for their own sake (= Selbstzweck, don´t be pretty sure to  find the right word). It doesn´t only support the plot, sometimes it is the plot (Sorry, i liked the first, but the rest is …) .

Please don´t compare them with Hero. Which was such a wonderful movie. I love it. It was one of the best films I saw this year. Zhang uses technical things when they are necessary for the story. Nameless as a martial arts hero can all this martial art thinks and then Zhang use technical support for showing it, that´s all.

btw, do you know that Zhang has one person who filmed every day with a video camera the changing of the leaves colour. Only to make it real? He said that he wanna bring some poesy in the martial arts movie, and he did.

Matrix 2 + 3 are like: "Do you know what my computer is able to do? Like my dick is longer…"

and Hero is: “A movie, a real wonderful movie” Go see it and shut up.[/quote]

No man i have not seen hero…I have seen the trailers and read up on the making of this great movie (Note that i am one

of those in support of great martial arts movies like Hero) I have seen some trailers and exerpts from it. Just the few minutes of the clips have seen tell me that is it a fantastic movie that uses some of the best advanced imagery in movie history and i am dying to see it…I dont want to order for it on dvd because hopefully i will get to see it first in an Imax theatre to better appreciate the whole picture. I made my own decision to wait for the picture from Miramax instead of cheating myself and downloading it or watching it at home on a small 40 inch tv. Its all these idiots dissing CGI that have no idea that its greatly used in Hero

BTW…Please QUIT BRINGING UP THE MATRIX EVERY CHANCE YOU GET…WHY DO YOU KILL BILL LUNATICS LOOK FOR EVERY CHANCE YOU GET TO BRING IT UP. CANT YOU STAND THE FACT THAT ITS A BETTER MOVIE THAN KILL BILL?

I REFUSE TO GET DRAWN INTO ANOTHER MATRIX ARGUMENT

[quote]

Live Action without CGI will always be better. CGI can be great in certain circumstances, but I think it takes more artistic talent to direct things live right on celluloid. Ill bet 5 Vanilla Cokes, Matrixfan is Redkings.

This topic makes no sense to me, it starts out like a topic about how Hero not being released is QTS fault, then you start quoting QT on 9/11, etc etc. Try keeping things about one topic when you post. [/quote]

Aaah so what you are saying Qt is so talented he masterfully directed an entire scene of cheap sub standard anime? QT must have exhausted himself directing those cartoons. Qt is so masterful that his idea of art it mindless spilling or unrealistic blood practically drowning his cast members in it....

In your mind you must think that Jerry Springer is one of the most artistic shows you ever saw, or those tardy ass tv shows where people eat worms and maggots for money must be masterful art pieces to you...

Excessive decadence has absolutely nothing to do with art...
Shock and awe might have worked for Saddam Hussein but intelligent audiences quickly got bored of the old Monty python joke about the bloodspilling that Qt ripped from that old movie. Dont try to make Kill bill sound like some elite movie work...Even the fights were a huge laughing stock in Hongkong.

Its amazing how ignorant Americans are about martial arts movies....Qt tried to use the HK style of making movies with the widest collect of the worst martial artists in the world and he thought it would work!!! Get a clue....HK theatre doesnt employ the best martial artists in the Oriental world for nothing!! You need to stick to star wars and Steven Seagal movies lay off the good stuff and tell QT to stop defiling my culture.

WHO THE FUCK IS REDKINGS

Why don’t you get lost troll? This is the 543rd topic you spoiled with your “Kill Bill is shit” ramblings. We got your point the first time, no need to repeat the same shit over and over again.

Redkings is another Matrix loser like you. I’m sure you’d get along well.

[quote] How can you compare violence to cgi, what the hell you’re talking about? It’s like comparing movies to stawberries. You make no sense. I don’t care if you don’t like Scarface because of its gratitious violence; no one asked you about that. Next time remain on topic. You talked about QT and cgi; I answered you on QT and cgi. Don’t change the subject just because you realised you’ve made an ass out of yourself.[/quote]

And who may i ask brought up anything about the Matrix...Neither Gatsu nor I have brought it up...Why dont you shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.

Why don’t you just leave… The only section you’ve actually replyed in was Kill Bill, that proves you’re only here to start shit with us. If we like Kill Bill more then the Matrix, so be it you’re not gonna harass us with your fucking bullshit. If you want to talk about how much better you and The Matrix are you can go to the Matrix topic in the Chat Lounge. But if you aren’t you minus well fuck off and die.

[quote]

And who may i ask brought up anything about the Matrix…Neither Gatsu nor I have brought it up…Why dont you shut the fuck up unless you know what you are talking about.[/quote]

Did you see the word "Matrix" in that paragraph I wrote which you just quoted? Don't be a sissy and say I didn't start shit like you had already did. In your previous thread, you began talking shit out of the blue about CGI in Spiderman and LOTR which have nothing to do with the topic and I genuinely replied to both you and Gatsu. The least you can do is admit it you fucking faggot.

From Matrixfan

-Its amazing how ignorant Americans are about martial arts movies

-You need to stick to star wars and Steven Seagal movies lay off the good stuff and tell QT to stop defiling my culture.

youre separating you from “us”… why? We’re the stupid americans and you’re the heir of the Almighty Hong Kong cinema?

An American is inspired by Hong Kong film, he makes his own film in its image. What’s wrong with that? Matrix can do it and not others?

and also… WHY THE FUCK U SHIT ON STAR WARS?!

…and you have’nt seen Hero…

Moon: [quote]An American is inspired by Hong Kong film, he makes his own film in its image. What’s wrong with that? Matrix can do it and not others? [/quote]

Unlike Tarantino and Weinstein, the Wachowskis didn’t license the movies that inspired the Matrix, sit on them and/or edit them. FYI, Miramaxe now has the rights to entire Shaw Bros. library, but has made no plans to release them on R1 dvd. But they want to stop you from seeing them, so you’ll settle for Kill Bill instead.

i believe Miramax also purchased the North American distribution rights to Zatoichi (directed and starring Takeshi Kitano). i dont have much faith in Miramax in perserving the original edit of the film. its good thing that many people got to see it at the Toronto, Canne and Venice film festivals this year. you can get the region 2 dvd of Zatoichi with English subtitles in March 2004. also, i hope Miramax does /not/ get the NA rights to Ong Bak.

people can still get the region 0 dvd of Hero, though.

They actually did a good job on Kitano’s Sonatine, and are releasing it on dvd January 16, so there might be hope for Zatoichi. Although knowing Miramaxe, they’ll try to market it as a cheap Last Samurai knock-off, even though the two are completely unrelated.

i can wait cuz guess what, i bought KILL BILL 1 DVD on ebay today. it cost fukin $37 but hey, desperate measures … desperate kill bill faN! lol

That ain’t a dvd. It’s probably a bootleg.

[quote]They actually did a good job on Kitano’s Sonatine, and are releasing it on dvd January 16, so there might be hope for Zatoichi. Although knowing Miramaxe, they’ll try to market it as a cheap Last Samurai knock-off, even though the two are completely unrelated. [/quote]

Oh shut up about Kitano’s films already, ALL of them excluding Dolls and Zatoichi have gotten major Region-1 releases. Dolls I’m not in a rush to see and Zatochi can wait. So don’t act like Miramax controlls everything, there is still Fox Lorber, Media Blasters and some more I can’t remember right now.

To be fair, the one time a Kitano movie was messed with was Brother. And it was by Sony. They toned down the violence for an R rating. However, Sony’s been known to re-release movies unedited if the star(s) becomes successful here. (See Leon, The Professional.) Disney only does that if they win Oscars. (See Cinema Paradiso.)

But Brother was a violent movie. Probably Kitanos most violent movie! That’s why they cut it up, I could careless about that though, they didn’t cut Violent Cop, Sonatine or Hana bi! And those are just as violent as the next film :-/

That’s another thing that bothers me. The same critics who didn’t like Brother because of its violence praised Kill Bill for its violence. Is it because one director’s Japanese, and one’s white?

[quote]But Brother was a violent movie. Probably Kitanos most violent movie! That’s why they cut it up, I could careless about that though, they didn’t cut Violent Cop, Sonatine or Hana bi! And those are just as violent as the next film  :-/[/quote]

i bet they cut Brother because it was an American movie and released in american theaters. Americans are such pussies, they need to grow some nuts

Told ya so. <LINK_TEXT text=“http://pub3.ezboard.com/fkungfufandomfr … =911.topic”>http://pub3.ezboard.com/fkungfufandomfrm6.showMessage?topicID=911.topic</LINK_TEXT>

You’re a fucking troll man.