Little things you noticed

[quote=“nublob”]
In Deathproof they show the convenience store in Tennessee selling liquor and you can’t buy liquor at convenience stores in Tennessee.
[/quote]

hahaha isn’t one of the things that Tennessee is famous for is their liquor(i’m of course talking about Jack Daniels if you didn’t already know)

When butterfly shakes her hips at the jukebox in the beginning of the lap dance you can see Jungle Julia looking in from the diamond shaped window that leads to the back patio…I never knew that…it kinda looks creepy cuz Julia isn’t moving at all lol

There is no back patio at the Texas Chili Parlor. The transition from inside to outside was crazy to me, cos that door leads to the kitchen. So maybe it was just a photo of her head. :smiley:

haha well i’m sure in reality it isn’t the the patio but for the sake of the movie it was…and it was definitely Ms. Poitier…I mean she is still but she moves a bit to know she was alive lol and there was also a promo of this shot of her looking in “shocked” for some of the lobby cards for Death Proof…I think it’s on one of the extras on the DVD.

[quote=“Geoi”]
There is no back patio at the Texas Chili Parlor. The transition from inside to outside was crazy to me, cos that door leads to the kitchen. So maybe it was just a photo of her head. :smiley:
[/quote]

you actually know the texas chili parlor? how cool! you are from austin?

Not far from. ;D

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 010.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,9010.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

awesome! going to austin was the big project of me and a friend of mine. there were QT fest, and we heard somewhere that there is a museum about ZZ Top there! two good reasons to go 8)

Ah man! Austin is amazing. I love everything about it except for the traffic and lack of convenient cheap/free downtown parking. I’m thinking about moving there. But not downtown.

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
awesome! going to austin was the big project of me and a friend of mine. there were QT fest, and we heard somewhere that there is a museum about ZZ Top there! two good reasons to go 8)
[/quote]

You caught me off guard with the ZZ Top museum. I gotta see this!

why does Arlene have the name Butterfly also. any backstory to explain this?

Also, Quentin sure does liek the name Arlene. In True Romance Alabama’s hooker friend is called Arlene (although we never see her in the film), and Beatrix Kiddo changes her anem to Arlene Machavelli when she settles down in El Paso.

If anyone has the online screenplay for DEATH PROOF - PLEASE post me the link, please!!!

Butterfly is actuallye not a nickname for Arlene. Jungle Julia is the one who thought of it in the script. She just says to call her “butterfly” and it sticks but it wasn’t a nickename before that.

I just saw DEATH PROOF and it was awesome.