Leone Special Editions

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Now this is my kind of topic! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

No wiser words have been spoken. ;D

Haha! ;D

Seriously though, this forum has been seriously lacking some serious Leone talk!

I’ve been in a Leone mood of late, and look forward to eaching all his films in the not so distant future. Think I will put some The Good the Bad and the Ugly on soon, it rocks my world.

Whenever you need a cinema refreshment, just pop in some Leone. Its like drinking fresh cold water after youve been in the desert. :slight_smile:

The last Leone I watched was OUATITW. I have it on DVD, but it was on TCM a week or 2 ago and I watched it. Pure cinema bliss.

Word. There is no cinematic materpiece as a Leone masterpiece. Pure filmmaking. It’s perfect.

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Spaghetti Western Database Forum … 636.0.html”>http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,636.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

for all your spaghetti western needs: swdb.info

[quote=“Ify”]
Seriously though, this forum has been seriously lacking some serious Leone talk!
[/quote]

mostly because I tried to get rid of all spaghetti western talk, so as not to compete with my own spaghetti western forum :slight_smile: where the real spaghetti western nerds are battling it out as where to find these and those additional seconds of footage on the fafdm dvd :slight_smile: (the answer is the german dvd)

Aso, it all suddenly seems so clear ;D

But you can’t have a QT forum without having a Leone topic.

We really need to open up an Exploitation Film Wiki next. Id love to work on that!!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
We really need to open up an Exploitation Film Wiki next. Id love to work on that!!
[/quote]
Yeah same here, I would love to have that.

[quote=“me”]
Also you can get a Sergio Leone box set

[/quote]

I wanna get that, damn! But I already have FoD, FFDM, 2 GBUs and Duck You Sucker. Who knows I might succumb to the Anthology box set because it’d be nice to have the special editions.

go to swdb.info’s DVD subpages for info on available DVDs. the information there is constantly being updated and extended

Just found out that the R1s will have the original mono tracks where as the R2s don’t. Just a heads up for the purists out there.

The German Special Editions for A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More also had the mono tracks… that’s why a bought them :slight_smile: Unfortunately they’re interlaced so I think the MGM’s are gonna have the edge in picture quality…

But yeah, great news, I might get the R1 Dynamite now. There’s a review at dvdbeaver

But how about The Good, the Bad and the Ugly? Does english mono exist for the longer cut? Some sort of mono / remix (the new scenes) or english / italian mono combination would be great but that’s probably too much to ask. I guess I’ll just stick with my old UK dvd

I’ll just buy the SE of FoD and FFDM separately…

i own them all im probably going to buy the Sergio Leone Anthology any way though.

if i had the cash i would buy them one by one :slight_smile:

actually i own them all except a fist full of dynamite is it any good?

Its the only one i havent seen

A Fistful Of Dynamite is another great Leone movie. I didn’t like the beginning very much but when James Coburn arrives(after about twenty minutes I believe) it’s great.