Kill Bill Vol 1 DVD Spec

…from a source that would no longer be my source of info if he or she’s name was given.

[quote]…from a source that would no longer be my source of info if he or she’s name was given.[/quote]

That´s a resonable point…

So, thanx.

Also this DVD thing sucks. Cuz i don´t wanna wait so long, I have to buy this shitty DVDs without specials and then later I will buy the big 4-DVD package.

Bye bye money…

ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE

What I will (and usually) do is:

Trade in the older version(s) to a video store that gives credit towards other purchases. Then, I use that credit towards the new version(s). If bought during the week of the release, the new version(s) are on sale. With the sale price AND the credit, I usually end up saving A LOT of money.

[quote] (a really cool, creative name was given  ;D)[/quote]

PURE:

If you know it, what’s the really cool creative name??

[quote]ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE

What I will (and usually) do is:

Trade in the older version(s) to a video store that gives credit towards other purchases. Then, I use that credit towards the new version(s). If bought during the week of the release, the new version(s) are on sale. With the sale price AND the credit, I usually end up saving A LOT of money.[/quote]

Sure that is resonable, but I never sold a DVD, cuz: If I have a DVD I never wanna give them away.

But in this fucking KB DVD case I will probably change my behavoiur and will do what you mentioned, only for saving money…

[quote]Nah, I don’t believe this crap for a second, until I see it at Digital Bits or IGN or something…[/quote]

That's what I said....and [b]THIS[/b] is what I read from Digital Bits....

[quote]And we’ve saved the best for last! Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill, Volume 1 will street on 4/13 (SRP $29.99). The disc will include anamorphic widescreen video (2.35:1), both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio, a Behind the Scenes with Quentin Tarantino documentary and additional extras TBA. Interestingly, this DVD release is just 3 days prior to the scheduled release of Kill Bill, Volume 2 into theaters. Our initial information is that this is NOT a special edition release, so it’s possible that a more elaborate edition of both films is planned for a later date.[/quote]

Interesting, note that it says “additional extras TBA.” There must be one shred of hope that we’ll get the unrated version…

Maybe if we all hope really really hard and pray every night, our collective spirit will force Miramax to put the unrated cut on the DVD.

[Starts praying.]

I don’t know how some of you can complain about what miramax/QT is doing if you are gonna buy the crappy dvd anyway? other than that one poster (i forget his name sorry) who says he’s gonna just turn in his version to the used dvd store when the new one comes out, why give in and give them your hard earned money? I am holding out, cuz i am sick of directors/studios whoever comin out with a theatrical version then down the line making the SE and i end up wasting my money on both. so, i don’t need kill bill on my shelf THAT bad, i shall wait for the “mega super ultra neato keeno better come out fu**in’ quick sometime this year” version…

Fuck…I dont care! I cant wait till I have kill bill on dvd…so I probably end up buying multiple volume 1 and volume 2 dvds…but damn I sure as hell aint gonna wait…

This is from www.dvdfile.com:

Quentin Tarantino’s latest ode to B-movie exploitation, the bloody Kill Bill Vol. 1 will street on April 13th, just in time for the theatrical premiere of the second installment of this cinematic two-parter. Buena Vista Home Entertainment will present the film in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1, plus the “Behind the Scenes with Quentin Tarantino” documentary and trailers. Retail is $29.95, and Tarantino has already revealed in published interviews that a full-fledged box set with both films, jammed with extras, will be released at a later date. Watch this space…

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

What I’ll probably end up doing is buying the crappy bare-bones first version and then also buying the special edition with all the extra shit. Then, I will give away the first DVD as a gift. No, not because I’m cheap, but because others who would not normally buy the DVD should have it, regardless. That’s how I can justify buying several copies.

[quote]Since we know there’s a super-duper edition that’s bound to be released sometime this year, I don’t mind those specs at all.

[/quote]

Well, we assume there will be a “super duper” edition but nothing is announced. I think Tarantino should just take his time about releasing the DVD sets to make them worth buying. I am not partial to any Kill Bill release that doesn’t include the House of the Blue Leaves scene in colour in some form or another.

QT also said that when he releases the “super-duper” edition, he will shoot extra footage to add onto the movie. I’m guessing to help bridge the gap between the two movies. Who knows

I think its ridiculous what is happening with this dvds. First they were with a lot of extras and now there is only one extra. And that is behind the scenes. But if you want the real extras you will have to wait till the release of the box. That is just robbery.

Not really. It just takes a long fucking time to make all these extras. The studios release something bare to tie fans over, then they take their time on the good shit. Do you really think QT can put to together an SE of Kill Bill vol 1 right NOW? You crazy? Things take time, would you want the studios to release nothing at all till the SE in next year etc?

[quote]Not really. It just takes a long fucking time to make all these extras. The studios release something bare to tie fans over, then they take their time on the good shit. Do you really think QT can put to together an SE of Kill Bill vol 1 right NOW? You crazy? Things take time, would you want the studios to release nothing at all till the SE in next year etc?[/quote]

No, but I dont care if there arent any extra’s(it would be good). But the price of the dvd without any extras is too high. 30 dollars. That is robbery. I ment that.

[quote]

No, but I dont care if there arent any extra’s(it would be good). But the price of the dvd without any extras is too high. 30 dollars. That is robbery. I ment that.
[/quote]

Buy it from Amazon; it's about $19 I think.

[quote]

Buy it from Amazon; it’s about $19 I think.
[/quote]

Really, I didnt looked there. But I think you must pay a lot more.

$29.99 is just the MSRP for DVDs. Most places do not charge at MSRP of course.

Actually, bare-bones for this DVD makes sense, when you think about it.

Which would you prefer? A DVD packed with tons of extra shit that you watch and sink in before seeing volume 2, and then the same thing happens for volume 2, and then the super-duper extra-special DVD comes out with Volume 1 and 2 spliced together and tons of extras… all of which you have seen before…

or… you could have a bare-bones vol. 1 and vol. 2 DVD (which couldn’t cost more than 20 bucks) and then the super-duper extra-special DVD with vol. 1 and 2 spliced together PLUS all the special shit.

I, personally, prefer the latter. That’s why I didn’t mind picking up the special editions of pulp, reservoir dogs, true romance, and jackie brown. There was so much extra stuff that it made it worth while.

Secondly, don’t hold your breath on the full color House of Blue Leaves. I repeat. Don’t hold your breath on the full color House of Blue Leaves.

Tarantino has said time and time again that he does not believe in ‘director’s cuts.’ He says that when a movie is released in the theater, it should be exactly as the director wants it. He only has a full color version because it was specifically made for the Japanese/Chinese. Don’t think that an American version will come out in full color. The only way you could get it is if you buy the Japanese version.

It would really surprise me if an ‘unrated’ version of this movie came out, considering that it is a work of art (in my opinion), rather than a stupid comedy like American Wedding. Directors/studios/producers rarely modify works of art.

'nuff said.