Kill Bill errors and mistakes topic

It seems like Go Go is somewhere around school age. She has little trinkets on her blade and let us not forget she IS 17 in the House of Blue Leaves scene in the script. Oh, and that one kid was in the Yakuza, so it’s not as if teenagers can’t join. Not to mention, O-Ren started killing at like age 10 or whatever.

There would be no need to throw people off with the uniform as most people would probably already know who Go Go is (well, other gang leaders at least). Then again, she openly drinks at bars so she has to be at least 20 (Japan’s drinking age) or she has some connections, which is likely.

Ah, who knows.

Ok, the Bride kills the Trucker, then kills Buck, then goes to the Pussy Wagon, then gets her “other piggies wiggling” thirteen hours later? Wouldn’t anybody notice that A: theres a dead (now half naked) ordarly. B: a dead bloody trucker. and C: a woman whos been out for 4 years, missing?

They would probably notice the whole mess, then see that Buck’s clothes and keys are missing, and then go find the Bride sitting in the back of Buck’s truck?

[quote]Ok, the Bride kills the Trucker, then kills Buck, then goes to the Pussy Wagon, then gets her “other piggies wiggling” thirteen hours later? Wouldn’t anybody notice that A: theres a dead (now half naked) ordarly. B: a dead bloody trucker. and C: a woman whos been out for 4 years, missing?

They would probably notice the whole mess, then see that Buck’s  clothes and keys are missing, and then go find the Bride sitting in the back of Buck’s truck?[/quote]

Nope. Here is the reasoning. if you recall buck says that the nurse comes in in the morning. Since Buck has been leasing her ass out, than one must think that the Coma ward has very very low traffic. It is certainly plausible that this all happened around 8 o’clock or so, and maybe the nurse doesnt come in until like 11 or something the next day.

Yeah, Buck mentions the nurse coming in, in the morning.

Or maybe The Bride called The Wolf ??? :wink:

Qt needs to use the guy that played Buck some more. Fucking awesome work.

When he said whoa!, it put Keanu Reeves to shame

JDK, she IS not 17 at the HOBL.

Let’s do some simple math here folks.

It was indicated she was 17 a year into The Bride’s coma. She was in a coma for four years before even going to the HOBL squaring off again O-Ren and her posee. Meaning you have to atleast add 3 years to the age of GoGo since O-Ren came to power.

17+3=20 VERY GOOD!!! THAT WAS A DIFFICULT ONE!

Ok, let me straighten it out for everyone:

Even though the script had everything set up different with the exposition of GoGo and Sofie, but it still makes sense the way he editted it in. Look:

"it was one year after the massacre in el paso texas that bill backed his nippon progeny financially and philosophically in her shakespearean in magnitude power struggle with the other yakuza clans over who…blah blah…when the final sword withsheathed…blah blah"

She says a year later he backed her financially and philosophically, and then incinuates that after a while she won the battle…which didnt just take a few weeks. It probably took the four years or so, and the meeting was held very recently with respect to the showdown at HOBL. thats why charlie was warned about what they did to the tanaka clan.

Secondly, if you pause one of the trailers, you can see on her plane ticket (“one ticket to tokyo, one way”) that not only is it her ticket to OKINAWA, not Tokyo, but it says from El Paso Texas…it also says her real name, so don’t look at it if you wanna be surprised…its nothing earth shattering.

Finally, she made the Death List Five on her way to kill O-Ren, thats why shes first, and then listed them in the order she wanted to kill them I assume. She seems like the very disciplined type, what’s to keep her from killing Vernita second instead of staying in Texas to kill Budd? She makes a plan and sticks to it.

I hope that cleared at least SOMETHING up for ppl.

P.S. GoGo’s and Sofie’s smiles whenever Tanaka was decapitated were priceless.

Also, even if it was four years ago in the flashback of Oren cutting off the guys head, she doesn’t say “She was 17 back then”, she says something about her being 17 now. Why would she mention Gogo’s age then? I’m pretty sure she’s talking about her present age.

JUST GOT CLARIFICATION FROM TARANTINO…

GoGo is 16-17 at the time of the showdown at the House of the Blue Leaves. He just said it on Conan O’Brien

And here’s my take on the time line:

• Bride wakes up
  • Bride gets Pussy Wagon
  • Bride drives Pussy Wagon to LA
  • Bride goes to Japan
  • Bride comes back to America; makes Death List 5 on the way, and crosses out O-ren’s name
  • Bride goes to Vernita’s

But that’s just what my impression was, maybe I should re-read the script.

Also, as many have stated before, Bill’s motives for attempting to kill The Bride are shown in Vol. 2

So that means GoGo was 14 at the time when O-Ren came to power, using your logic.

Hmm. Actually i would think that scene would have taken place after she was in power. Couple of reasons, all the guys were kissing her ass except that one guy, and she was at the head of the table.

Huzzah what they’re saying is that is took them 3/4 years to actually get in power.

Even if she was 14 when Oren came into power that doesn’t mean she has been the head bodyguard since Oren came into power. And since Oren has been killing since she was 11 what does it matter how old Go Go is or was. If she’s good she’s good. …

Go Go was 17 when O-Ren first came into power. In the Bride’s VO in the Tanaka decapitation scene, the bride said something like “That’s 17 year old Go Go Yubari, O-Ren’s personal bodyguard.” when she introduced her. Now, the trouble lies in the fact that The Bride said O-Ren came into power 1 year into her coma. How she would know that while in her comatose state would be interesting. Also, that dinner scene has to have been somewhat recent (by recent I mean close to the Showdown at HOBL) because of the HOBL employee talking about it!

No, it doesn’t have to be recent. That scene could’ve been a myth or something making her a legend. That scene made O-Ren “known” for chopping off a guys head, it doesn’t mean it had to of happend recently.

I see your guys logic, I’m just saying, on Conan he showed the clip where GoGo is coming down the stairs and getting ready to fight The Bride. QT himself explained it as “this is a scene with GoGo Yubari, O-ren’s 17 year old body guard.” I’m going to assume that it took O-ren a couple years to come to power, because she had to work her way up from the bottom so to speak. But that’s just me.

[quote]I see your guys logic, I’m just saying, on Conan he showed the clip where GoGo is coming down the stairs and getting ready to fight The Bride. QT himself explained it as “this is a scene with GoGo Yubari, O-ren’s 17 year old body guard.” I’m going to assume that it took O-ren a couple years to come to power, because she had to work her way up from the bottom so to speak. But that’s just me. [/quote]

QT might’ve said that, but fucked up when writing the script. I think she was SUPPOSE to be 17 at the HoBL, but didn’t chose his words carefully enough, and a stupid technicality fucked that up. No worries though, it’s not like it’s a noticable mistake. Unless you’ve seen the moive 8 times, breaking down and analyzing every scene like I have :frowning:

There’s nothing wrong with seeing the movie eight times. I’m sure I would have if it wasn’t football season (I have to go to the games on Friday night instead of going to the movies) See, if it would’ve come out after football season, I would be doing the same thing. I’ll be doing it for Volume 2, that’s for sure.

14-17-20…either way she still kicked ass.

Nah, I’ve only seen it in the theatre twice. I also downloaded it (illegally) and have watched it 6 additional full times through. Plus various scenes that I watch randomly.