Is there really nothing new added?

I love PT but one thing bothers me. At one point the radio is on and there is a tribute to the now dead Jungle Julia. How could the second part of DP of happened 6 months later if the end of the world happened shortly after JJ’s death?

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I liked Planet Terror, I just don’t see the point of releasing a dvd with the missing reel, it dosen’t make any sense. If I’m going to pay 20 to 30 dollars for a dvd I want to see every single scene that was filmed. [/quote]

i think RR didn’t do the same thing as qt. i am quite sure the scenes from the missing reel have never been written or shot. the trick was there from the scratch. if you ask RR what is happening during the missing reel, he would have probably no idea.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I love PT but one thing bothers me. At one point the radio is on and there is a tribute to the now dead Jungle Julia. How could the second part of DP of happened 6 months later if the end of the world happened shortly after JJ’s death?
[/quote]

you don’t want to know ;D

I coulda sworn I’d heard Robert say in an interview that he and Quentin both shot footage that they took out for their missing reels. According to Harry Knowles, this isn’t true. I guess we’ll all have to wait for the commentary to see if he’ll mention it.

I was under the impression that he put the missing reel section into the published version of the script because it corresponded with the version of the film out at the time.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30926

a dvd review, doesn’t spend much words on the differences though

Okay, back from watching Planet Terror three times since buying it last night. Listened to the commentary, and I can rightly say that the missing reel… will always be a missing reel. He definitely didn’t shoot anything to fill in the missing reel. Doesn’t bother me either way, but I felt I should clarify it since I heard it.

Wrong topic. edit.