Is Rodriguez still making Machete?

I guess I keep expecting him to do Sin City 2 or Barberella with someone other than Rose McGowan

I keep forgetting about his fondness for kids movies…

yeah but hey thats a talent to be able to do both action flicks and kids flicks isnt it. anyway kids films aside rr we need to see sin city 2, sin city 3, machete, machete kills and machete kills again! tbh ive no interest in barberella or red sonja. btw was listening to the commentary of once upon a time in mexico he said hed love to do a trilogy of ouatim so that he has two miriachi trilogies but with five films and banderos said hed definitely do it… just more projects to add to the pile aye rr!!! >:( ??? ::slight_smile:

<LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … einsteins/”>/Film | Reporting the Reel World</LINK_TEXT>

As much as I wanna see Machete it just doesn’t make much sense to me. Why would they fast track Machete when they’ve still got Sin City 2 sitting on the back burner? Maybe they just think they can do it cheap and make a quick buck since most of it’s done?

I think they should stick to filming it at the same time as Sin City 2 and then they can just keep filming the rest of the trilogy once Sin City 2 wraps. Either way, the longer they hold off on Sin City 2 the more and more interest dwindles.

[quote=“Dex”]
Either way, the longer they hold off on Sin City 2 the more and more interest dwindles.
[/quote]

True. Many of the anti-social 13 year old kids who loved Sin City in 2005 will have already moved on in 2009/2010.

Ba-dum tish

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
True. Many of the anti-social 13 year old kids who loved Sin City in 2005 will have already moved on in 2009/2010.

Ba-dum tish
[/quote]

The anti-social 13 year olds who loved Sin City are our only hope. It’s the casual movie goers who dug Sin City that will be completely over it after having seen movies like 300, Max Payne, and The Spirit. All the movies that ripped off Sin City’s visual style have all but killed it’s sequel potential. Shit, I’ve got more faith in the Anti-social 13 year olds than I do in any other film going demographic when it comes to Rodriguez movies. They’re the ones in the theater who everytime they see a trailer for those rip-off movies yell out “I WANT MY SIN CITY 2!”

[quote=“Dex”]
…300, Max Payne, and The Spirit. All the movies that ripped off Sin City’s visual style have all but killed it’s sequel potential.
[/quote]

well they only prove that there is a market for this kind of excessive stuff. You’re right, now is the time. This fad could be over soon.

manchette trilogy? sounds cool, when i saw the trailer for the first time i say “wtf why he is not making this movie, it could be glorious”

[quote=“Sebastian”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … einsteins/”>/Film | Reporting the Reel World</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Good news to me.

Filming starts in June!

Rodriguez and Trejo In June Start Wielding MACHETE!!

So current rumours are that Michelle Rodriguez, Jonah Hill, and Robert Deniro have been cast in Machete.

Star-Studded Line-Up for Rodriguez's 'Machete'! - Bloody Disgusting

As always I’ll hold off believing it until Harry Knowles confirms it.

Holy shit I just read that, Jonah Hill in Machete! A very foreign fucking notion but whatever, I’d like to see it. Robert Deniro as a senator sounds more appropriate but even then…

Robert De Niro AND Jonah Hill in a movie together WILD!

I just want Cheech damn it. Is this movie going to go the same route as the trailer, or something different without the tears in the film, etc?

Don’t know for sure but I’m guessing it will keep the Grindhouse look.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting contradicting rumors

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/07/de-ni … chete.html”>Entertainment News for Pop Culture Fans - Entertainment Weekly</LINK_TEXT>

One “insider” is saying that Lindsay Lohan and Seagal have been cast

A studio exec Eleanor Avellon? is saying it isnt true

Is Jeff Fahey and Cheech still in it is what I am worried about.

[quote=“nublob”]
One “insider” is saying that Lindsay Lohan and Seagal have been cast
[/quote]

I don’t know which one would be fucking worse!

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
I don’t know which one would be fucking worse!
[/quote]

Atleast it would be cool to see Danny kick Seagal’s a$$.

According to CHUD all people mentioned are in discussions and none are official. De Niro is the most up in the air at this point. I gotta figure if they’re talking to the likes of Lohan, Seagal, and Michelle Rodriguez chances are deals will be made. I can’t really see any of them turning down a role with a director people have heard of at this point in their careers.

They also claim the film starts shooting in two weeks. Robert De Niro and Jonah Hill seem unlikely to me but De Niro has been making some weird choices these days. Who knows. If Rodriguez really wants Lohan her people would be retarded to let her pass on it. It’s hard to call though, not having read the script or really knowing anything about the characters most of these people would play.

EDIT: Got a copy of the script but it doesn’t look real to me (only 87 pages, not dated but was posted in May, and it’s a very clean straight from the screenwriting software PDF copy). I’ll read a bit and look into it a bit before I post it. I’ve never actually read a legitimate Rodriguez script though so I don’t really have anything to compare it to.