Inglourious Basterds loses big to Avatar. That's right

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“G”]
I know I am being disliked because some people like to criticize others opinions and likes, and can’t take it back. I get crap because I like the Doors because there not “underground enough” or “too popular”, then I get shit because I think the Beatles are overrated. Like I am in the middle of snobby people & mainstream people and get shit from both because I like and dislike both.[/quote]
Oh yea people should just be accepted for what they like. So what if the Doors were “too popular” thats no excuse to not like their music. If you think the Beates are overrated then thats your opinion but you shouldnt be disliked or hated for it.[/quote]

Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.

[quote=“G”]
Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.[/quote]
Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.

Exactly. Also I am actually the only one that I know at my age that even knows who the Doors are outside of this forum, so to me, they are not popular, so I can give a shit what people thinks anymore.[/quote]
Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.[/quote]

As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.

It was a good night to see Merryl Streep and Marty Scorsese. I honestly thought Basterds was going to get the screenplay award, but I suppose it’s getting the Oscar. I mean who knows, PT Anderson was snubbed by No Country For Old Men in every category. And James Cameron has too much power and influence to loose in the Academy Awards - such things as votes come by friendship I must imagine.

Honestly, Basterds is till the best film of the year. “Up In The Air” is a good film that was well acted but the film itself isn’t all that great. Well, it is what it is… :frowning:

[quote=“G”]
As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.[/quote]
I never said I hate Americans I said I hate this one American guy and that most people around the world hate America But I never said I personally hate Americans.

As much as you hate Americans, so you say, you are actually alot like the average American. So yes, you probably are the most different New Zealander.[/quote]
I never said I hate Americans I said I hate this one American guy and that most people around the world hate America But I never said I personally hate Americans.[/quote]

I got ya. :wink:

I don’t care much about these awards, but here’s a funny little bit on Avatar if you haven’t seen it, warning SPOILERS :wink: :

[quote=“G”]

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]
Well im 14 and I know for a fact that there is definantly no one my age that is into the music I like or even the movies I watch. Seriously I must be the most different 14 year old in New Zealand.[/quote]

Ahah. You guys can’t be serious. I mean, The Doors are popular, loving Tarantino is popular. You sure are no different than anybody else, seriously. If your friends or people around you don’t know Tarantino nor The Doors (I’m not saying that they necessarely can’t name a song by The Doors or have seen every Tarantino), then you’re living in a very small village.

For me, people who try to think they’re different but still love popular stuff, are ashamed to be like anyone else. I’m not saying you guys are just regular persons and are no different. But try to convince us you’re different with other reasons than jsut “I hate Avatar, but everybody else I know love it ; I hate Michael Bay, but everybody else I know loves his movies ; I can afford to buy Criterions, but everyone else I know loves pop corn in theater ; I like The Doors and dislike The Beatles ; and so on and so on”. Come here where I live, and just see that everybody KNOWS The Doors and love TARANTINO, then yeah, you have LOTS of efforts to make to be really different. And at that point, maybe you won’t want to be different anymore, cause what’s the point ?? Everybody is both different and the same and nobody CARES.

Oh and btw, Avatar will do the Titanic-oscars-success again. I’m sure of it. And I’m not saying I’m all for it. But it would not be surprising at all if he wins almsot everything just like in the Golden Globes.

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said I think different. I said I am gettng shit because I like both mainstream things and the “snob-type”, “art” stuff. I never said I dislike something because others do. Also I don’t live in a small village, I live in a place called America where no one knows nothing about things past 2 years ago. People are that dumb here.

2nd of all where do you get off talking shit about me? I can’t afford Criterions all the time, but I buy them because I rather watch a movie like that then fucking Transformers in 3d. To answer the question why Criterions are so much money is because here in America (where Criterions are made), retail stores don’t have them. You have to either buy online or a Barnes & Nobles type store. Criterions are not flooding retail stores you know.

To go back, I never said I try to think different. Where did you read that? It’s amazing to me the shit I am getting over fucking nothing. Mr. Pink said it, but I sure fucking didn’t. I was just posting why I am getting shit for NOT trying to be different like a F.W. is trying to be or stay in the “mainstream” light like the Scarface-Beatles shit. I like what I like and other people can go fuck off. But to put on an “ACT” like some people do on here, where they like stuff that other people don’t just so they can sound cool on here, that isn’t me, but there are those on here, and you and me both know it.

To go on the little AVATAR crap, I won’t watch it. It’s my choice and I don’t care if you seen it, your mom seen it, my mom seen it, James Cameron’s mom seen it, it doesn’t matter. I am not trying to be different to please a person that lives in another country on the fucking computer. ;D Do you get what I am saying? I still don’t know where you got I was trying to be different on purpose, when there are some people on here I would question that before myself. I am not trying do some fucking internet fight either, just don’t know where you got that.

So back to being friendly we go. O0

AHah, yeah first of all, sorry cause I never meant to criticize or be mean. I hate mean people. But I wanted to have some reaction and I got it, ahaha. But sorrry again.

So here’s my point : I didn’t mean you tried to be arrogeant, elitist or whatever cause obviously you’re not like the Harmony Korine lovers ;D (ok, I get that in a close future I’ll have to apologize again to Harmony Korine fanbase too). I precisely quoted your post and Mr Pink posts to point out what I meant : you said in other words, “I feel different cause none of the people of my age know The Doors” and Mr Pink said, in other words, “I feel different cause none of the people of my age are into the same music or movies I like” ence, none of them might like Tarantino, or The Doors, or whatever. And I was just saying : hey guys, there are LOADS of young people of your age loving BOTH Tarantino and The Doors. That’s not being different. So you either live in a village where noone know The Doors nor Tarantino, nor have the internet ; or your friends aren’t very into culture.

In a way, it was an invitation to feel like anybody (not saying loving The Doors and Tarantino is mainstream but that’s def not being being picky and trying to be different and arrogeant) or to change friends and have new ones with more culture or more into music/movies you like cause it’s easy to find.

Now I get your point about that so-called country America but is that true and not a stereotype that people don’t know old stuff ? I mean, in France people don’t know all the old stuff neither and they certainly have not all culture BUT it feels like it’s a stereotype to say americans are dumb and not interested in culture that much. Or maybe it’s true but then really sad.

But you still should be proud of your country cause it’s the place to buy Criterions !!! And no, it was a joke about the Criterions, you’re not trying to be special or different or arrogeant when you buy them, you just make me jealous ;D

So yeah, feel free to tell me anything else and tell me that you understood I didn’t want to mean, just wanted to shake things a bit.

I am glad we understand each other and have respect for not fighting. 8)

I work (well used to, got fired today) at a video store and believe me, everyone that came in saw my Doors tattoo and never heard of them unless they were 60 years old. Some cool old guys talked to me about it but that was it. Also everyone that comes in the store only rents CGI shit. We have films like Hunger and Che on the shelf and the only person that rented them was me (I know because we can check how many times a movie rents). So yes, people are very dumb when it comes to film and music that is older than the last 3-4 years. It is very scary.

But yeah I like both “artsy” and mainstream. Godard and Rob Zombie are some of my fav directors. You can’t get them 2 in the same sentence from no one. ;D

I may have to slow down on my Criterion buying until I find a new job. This is probably the door for me to finally go to a college. So by no means was I mad at you. This forum is actually the best place where everyone actually likes each other and really no “bad guy” that every other forum has. Like a little Tarantino family. :smiley:

Just being curious but how the fuck did you manage to get fired?

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Just being curious but how the fuck did you manage to get fired?[/quote]

Stealing boxes. ;D Just playing, it closed down. Rental stores are no more in the U.S.

Well thats gay for you.

Not really. I think I’ll be just fine. :wink:

[quote=“G”]But yeah I like both “artsy” and mainstream. Godard and Rob Zombie are some of my fav directors. You can’t get them 2 in the same sentence from no one. ;D
[/quote]

I prefer people who admit to love both mainstream and arty/indie stuff. Most of the arty/indie lovers tend to diss on mainstream stuff and I think it’s stupid and hypocritical. We all enjoy some mainstream stuff cause movies are not just about brainy stuff but also about emotions and spectacle. Yeah, ok, I wasn’t that touched by Avatar, I thought the script was weak and the CGI good on 2 hours, 30mins were not impressive at all BUT I loved Titanic and yeah, I say it again, I loved Titanic and let’s not diss on Cameron cause he did some good other movies : did you someone NOT enjoy Aliens ?

Though … drip Rob Zombie, ahaha. Just kidding. I love Godard, but everyone here knows I love only the Nouvelle Vague stuff, I can’t get into his later stuff. Too intellectual and no emotions. And I guess I’m a brainy person but that doesn’t movie me.

About the place you live, the video store and all, be sure that most of the real film geeks don’t go to video stores much anymore, so I guess more of the regular non-real-film-lovers are the main guys coming at the video store where you lived. But you should go to a college, first of all, cause you might spend your best years there (I don’t know anything about collegue life in America, it’s always supposed to be so cool, very different from France) and find studies you really enjoy. And most of all, you’ll find people who are into culture there, probably loving movies and music as much as you do. That’s the place to hang around !

What would you like to study in collegue ? Films ?

I would loveeeeee to do something on film. But it’s hard for me to find a college for film around me. Hopefully I find one and quickly. :smiley:

I like Aliens alot, but perfer Ridley Scott’s Alien 100% more. James Cameron to me is hit or miss, but you know for sure what you getting yourself into with his films. He isn’t going to pull a Godard on you or anything.

Rob Zombie reminds me more of an original exploitation/genre director than QT. Sorry QT! ;D Also no one can say shit about him having his wife in his films. Anna Karina anyone? Gena Rowlands anyone? ;D Devil’s Rejects has to be on my top 10,15,20 or whatever list for the decade.

G, are you actually reading the posts or just waiting for me to reply? You keep mysteriously logging on and off.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]G, are you actually reading the posts or just waiting for me to reply? You keep mysteriously logging on and off.[/quote]

I’m bored. I look through different websites while I stay on this page for any activity to take place. Right now I am getting off of here to eat dinner. Talk to you all later tonight, or whatever time it is where you are. ;D A couple of hours.

Oh yea same. We’ll talk later.