Inglourious Basterds Information Centre

"Wow Ive never seen a WWII movie where the Nazis were the bad guys!!"

NOTE TO MODS: Can you guys sticky this topic because if you dont people will keep making separate news topics. Lets keep our shit together!! :slight_smile:

wrote something about these stories in the news recently

<LINK_TEXT text=ā€œExaggeration alert - Or don't jump the gun on German film critics - The Quentin Tarantino Archives ā€¦ m-critics/ā€>Exaggeration alert - Or don't jump the gun on German film critics - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

That was a great response. I think you hit it exactly right.

Note: LOL @ The Hitler in the tub pic

Well this is the latest from Variety (iā€™m sure it will be up on the frontpage soon :slight_smile:)

MICHAEL FASSBENDER (who played Stelios in ā€œ300ā€) is in ā€˜final negotiationsā€™ to join the cast. No word on who he would play though (could be Landa, could be Frederick, could be Hellstrom)

This is what i wanted to hear, some no-names who want to prove themselves with a QT film.

ā€¦and according to wikipedia he (Fassbender) has produced, directed and starred in the stage version of Quentin Tarantinoā€™s Reservoir Dogs, along with his production company.

Sex on legsā€¦ yes please, Quentin.

[quote=ā€œStiglitzā€]
Well this is the latest from Variety (iā€™m sure it will be up on the frontpage soon :slight_smile:)

MICHAEL FASSBENDER (who played Stelios in ā€œ300ā€) is in ā€˜final negotiationsā€™ to join the cast. No word on who he would play though (could be Landa, could be Frederick, could be Hellstrom)

This is what i wanted to hear, some no-names who want to prove themselves with a QT film.
[/quote]

YES!

Finally a cool looking guy who will definitely look the part to kick some major ass!

Loved him in 300. Heā€™s the guy who says ā€œThen weā€™ll fight in the shadeā€ if Iā€™m not mistaken. Badass.

<LINK_TEXT text=ā€œFassbender replacing Pegg? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives ā€¦ cing-pegg/ā€>Fassbender replacing Pegg? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Iā€™m hip to this news

[quote=ā€œStiglitzā€]

[/quote]

I like Simon Pegg, but I have to admit itā€¦this guy is way cooler than him! 8)

So Fassbender is playing Lt Hicox? Dont know his work, but cool anyways.

So from Tim Roth >> Simon Pegg >> Michael Fassbender

Havenā€™t seen him before. Just by the look of him, Iā€™ll take him over Simon Pegg no problem.

Just by doing a bit researching, all of these young actors seem to be QT fans, haha.

So a German playing a British officer? I guess that makes sense, since Hicox does speak german, but with a ā€œstrange accentā€. I watched a bit of an interview with him and he does have an accent.

Just checked his website out, it says he was Born in Germany, raised in Killarney, Ireland.

Michael Fassbender at Berlin - YouTube

Sounds like an Irish accent to me.

Well i didnā€™t realize he was replacing Pegg, definitely not the role i thought he was up for considering heā€™s a fluent German speaker and none of the major German roles have been cast yet. Hmmm Archie Hicox. He doesnā€™t fit Archie Hicox as he is written in the script, Pegg fit him much more because he is written as a bit of a neurotic, fumbling Englishman, at least from how i read the character.

I hope heā€™s being considered for another role and not Archie Hicox is all iā€™m saying.

[quote=ā€œStiglitzā€]

[/quote]

Damn, he looks badass in a cool sort of way. Awesome. He was great in 300, definitely got the tough-guy image down to a T.

He looks like he should be in an Interview with a Vampire sequel with Brad Pitt: Fangs: Part 2 or Fang Fiction directed by Quentin Tarantino with special guest director Robert Rodriguez and that other special guest director Frank Miller.

Weird how he went from Simon Pegg to this guyā€¦

At this point I think heā€™s just hiring anybody with a free schedule who speaks English and doesnā€™t have a speech impediment.

Fassbender actually grew up in Ireland no wonder heā€™s so pale and speaks English so well.

He looks like he could be in the cast of Twilight.

Twilightā€¦ The AARP version

Iā€™ve always wondered if youā€™re a 100 + year old vampire who looks 17 and you hook up with a teenage chick does that qualify as pedophilia or statutory rape