Inglourious Basterds: DVD and Blu-ray release

This pic is taken from a bonus feature called Camera Angel:

and shows Donny having tea with the old lady in Boston.

That Blue-Ray edition looks sick as!

I’ve got the limited edition DVD in the Tin case. It only comes with three Frederik Zoller Nation’s Pride movie card things.

I wish I got all that extra stuff your Blue-Ray one has. I scored a huge poster of the cover of the DVD free at the video shop, I nearly hyper-ventilated.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]don’t mean to complain but the DVD special features suck. No commentary no good features - nothing!

Oh well, at least I can watch the movie any time now.[/quote]

I feel your pain, bro. The Round Table Discussion with Elvis Mitchell was pretty nice. Quentin just CAN’T be quiet. It’s so funny. You can tell a couple of times that he was trying to hold back and let Brad talk, but it just blurts out anyway. I love Quentin.

But, yeah, the bonus features suck. He’s certainly not as generous with bonus shit as Pegg and co. are on their DVDs. I guess he really doesn’t give much of a shit after the film is done and out. On the other hand, the Weinstein’s aren’t exactly going to spend more money than they have to on the DVD’s. They know it will sell either way, and their broke-ass company needs the dough.

Still, I’d expect more from a $28 regular DVD with a bonus disc. Hardly seemed worth using a whole other disc for so few and so short features.

[quote=“Sylvia”]This pic is taken from a bonus feature called Camera Angel:

and shows Donny having tea with the old lady in Boston.[/quote]

So they actually shot this scene!?

I thought the scene was beautiful when I read it, it stuck with me. But it really slowed down the momentum of the picture seeing that Til Schweiger has a flash on of his own.

trying to complete these pages over the course of the next week

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … sterds_DVD”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Inglourious_Basterds_DVD</LINK_TEXT>

got my UK regular edition in the mail today… not sure with SE i will pick up in january

ordered the Blu Ray from amazon…arrived at my house on friday…only thing is…im on vacation in Germany…first thing Im gonna do when i get back home is pop that sucker in

I noticed that he changed the spelling of “Inglorious” in the chapter title to “Inglourious” to match that of the film’s title. I don’t like knowing that something he did for the released print was actually a mistake. It only serves to reinforce the notion that the film seemed rushed.

Another thing which sort of annoys me is - you know that extreme close-up of Aldo Raine during the second chapter, it actually looks blurry on the Blu Ray, i.e. the camera failed to focus properly. Bit of a shame really, when I got the Blu Ray I immediately skipped to that scene as I thought the close-up was very cool, only to be (slightly) disappointed.

On a brighter note, the feature “Quentin’s camera angel” is fucking genius. You guys have to watch it. Also, “A Conversation with Rod Taylor” was pretty interesting too. He’s a funny guy, was nice hearing his anecdotes.

“Quentin Tarantino’s camera angel”:

- YouTube

“Hi Sallys”:

- YouTube

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]don’t mean to complain but the DVD special features suck. No commentary no good features - nothing!
[/quote]

To be fair, at least the special features are out of the ordinary compared to other mainstream DVD releases:

-Japanese trailer(!)

-Outtake reel (Non-bloopers)

-Fake film, “Nation’s Pride” in it’s entirety (Something like this hasn’t been seen since the initial Criterion release of Rushmore)

-Elvis Mitchell providing insightful commentary on the poster gallery

But yeah, the absence of more extra features are crippling. I’m over the issue of Tarantino when it comes to commentary for his own films, but they could have at least added a typical Electronic Press Kit like IFC’s “How to be a Basterd” or the Spike-Channel’s “Making-Of” featurette for those who did not have access to the early promotional material.

But one thing that I’ve really been missing are the featurettes concerning the special FX in QT’s movies. In case you haven’t been reading FANGORIA for the past 6 years, members of the KNB (Special FX) crew have been saying over the years how much QT has been pressuring and challenging KNB to come up with ground-breaking FX. I once heard that, In Kill Bill, Tarantino said that he wanted Sofie Fatale’s arm-chop to be more gushier than Argento’s Tenebre (And if you’ve seen Tenebre, then you know how much of a task that is!) Also, the guys at KNB reportedly even fooled Sally when she thought “Lanna Frank” was the actress during Death Proof’s crash. And as with this new film, I would’ve like to see how the KNB crew continued to pull off the tough tasks of the scalping and Landa’s final carving. I feel that these are missed opportunities for future FX craftsmen who are missing out on providing continuing cinematic magic. Somebody’s gotta twist QT’s arm about this!!! :wink:

Wow, the british release is sick !!! Wish i had it.

My sister gave me the Futureshop steelbook for Christmas, :

Best thing about it is probably the medal, lol.

My favorite Bluray cover is still the one with the helmet and the baseball bat.

I bought Basterds on DVD before Christmas. Then I got a Blu-Ray player as a Christmas present. If I knew I would get it I wouldn’t buy Basterds on DVD, I would’ve bought it on Blu-Ray. But meh, now I probably just have to buy it on Blu-Ray too.

But it kinda sucks ass that now when I have Blu-Ray player I want to have my movies on Blu-Ray… :frowning: :frowning:

Our international list of Inglourious Basterds BluRay releases is growing. And we have added all the 4K UltraHD BluRay disc information already out there, along with Amazon links to pre order. Check it out

https://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Inglourious_Basterds_BluRay