I like Jackie Brown a lot BUT

[quote]

Well said Norma! You got it!
[/quote]

Way to go guys!
I think there's still a lot of fans waiting for a Tarantino's movie with DeNiro on the main front. It would be so cool to have him and have Pacino too in a Quentin's (unique) style movie, sort of a payback from "Heat"!!!

Micheal Mann’s HEAT was an excellent movie in my opinion

Best Shoot Out in a movie EVER!

I agree with you compa! No music, no cheap drama tricks… just pure adrenaline!

Arre!

HEAT is an awesome urban epic. but that’s not really the topic here.

what i dont like about jackie brown either, take aside the fact that I love this movie, is in the end when jackie drives away singing along to the music really badly… didn’t like that ending

[quote]what i dont like about jackie brown either, take aside the fact that I love this movie, is in the end when jackie drives away singing along to the music really badly… didn’t like that ending[/quote]That scene is maybe my favorite from the movie! I found it so goddamn cool, watching Pam Grier driving away from from R.Forster and singing that cool tune! It means that, as she drives away and he sings-listens to the vocals of the song think about what she achieved and what she haven’t, if she’s happy from she’s done, or she is’t. What life she leaves behind to live another one! If you memorise the vocals of the song and think about the relationship with Jackie’s ‘‘adventure’’, you’'l love that scene. Propably the best last 2 minutes I’ve ever seen in a movie!

If you want to know what I didn’t like about the ending, it was the scene where Jackie and Max ‘‘swinging’’ their noses before she leaves. Despite that I found that scene silly, I think it’s cool also!

[quote]
That scene is maybe my favorite from the movie! I found it so goddamn cool, watching Pam Grier driving away from from R.Forster and singing that cool tune! [/quote]

I love the ending of the film. Its pretty emotional when your into the film. I found myself getting kind of misty eyed when I watch it. Pam and Robert played that last scene like two best friends that had known each other their whole lives. The love between them just oozed off the screen. Then when Pam gets in the car and sings along to Across 110th Street. It was like all those years of her in the Blaxploitation films/working as a flight attendant were mixed together in one climactic emotional moment. QT is the master.

Seb, how you can pick THAT specific scene out of the film as being bad is beyond me. You gotta be nuts.

actually I think it’s Pam’s poor singing-along that makes this look so bad, to me. She doesn’t really that much sing along and she doesn’t perfectly sync her lips, either, to me that looks just a little to bad for a cinematic ending

[quote]actually I think it’s Pam’s poor singing-along that makes this look so bad, to me. She doesn’t really that much sing along and she doesn’t perfectly sync her lips, either, to me that looks just a little to bad for a cinematic ending[/quote]Pam Grier a bad singer?? Have you heard the Jackie Brown OST? It has a song permormed by her from Foxy Brown ‘‘I’m a long time woman’’(it was heard when she went to jail in the movie) Pretty cool song!! If she was moving her lips in time with the song would be so ordinary, moving her (cool) lips in and out of time with the song makes it cooler!

[quote]
Pam Grier a bad singer?? Have you heard the Jackie Brown OST? It has a song permormed by her from Foxy Brown ‘‘I’m a long time woman’’(it was heard when she went to jail in the movie) [/quote]

I think “Long Time Woman” is from The Big Doll House, not Foxy Brown.

Also, another reason that ending is so great in Jackie Brown is because when the music starts, you think its part of the movie, then when Pam sings along with it, it becomes REAL LIFE! Its like at the beginning, the music is playing over Pam, then at the end, she goes outside the film and sings (lip synchs) along to the the song herself. Totally awesome.

After all QT always uses source music (radio, car radio etc.) He took that from The Master!

Indeed ‘‘long time woman’’ is from big doll house! (imdb)

Also a great fact is that the movie starts and ends with ‘‘Across 110th street’’. Like poets start and end with the same quote! (Samuel Jackson has said that QT don’t write screenplays, he writes poetry, kinda over the top, but I agree)

In other words Seb, Jackie Brown rules!!!

Arre!

I would still love to see Tarantino use DeNiro as a lead some day.

DeNiro should be in “40 Lashes”

[quote]DeNiro should be in “40 Lashes”[/quote]

…if it happens. I don’t know if i’d want to see coyboy DeNiro though.

[quote]Its obvious why QT picked DeNiro for that role. He picked him to play Louis because he knew people expected DeNiro’s part to be a great jawdropping character, whereas Louis is the exact opposite of those kind of characters DeNiro is famous for playing. Hes quiet, sluggish and indifferent in the movie. Plus hes playing a supporting role, which in itself is strange for DeNiro. Its like QT was playing a little joke on the hardcore DeNiro fans (of which I am one) by doing that. Its like hes saying “Watch what I can do with this big Hollywood legendary actor, ha ha ha”. Also he put Pam Grier and Robert Forster in front as the main stars. That also says alot. QT dont play the Hollywood game, look at the stars of his movies, he picks the underrated actors as his stars, not “the latest popular thing”. [/quote]

good point toothpic. i agree. plus i thought DeNiro was the perfect guy for the role. i’ve never seen him like that before.

[quote]Yeah, but it’s DE NIRO. Why even use him for such a small role? [/quote]

There are actors in Hollywood that care more about the art and the writing rather than the glitz and glamour of being in a big budget film and making a lot of money. I am sure that DeNiro didn’t get paid as much as he usually does for his part in Jackie Brown, but I know that he took the role, because he knew it was different from what he has done before, and because it was such an intelligent script. I think that DeNiro has so much integrity, that he would have taken an even smaller role in JB, just to be a part of the project.

Plus, wouldn’t ya think because he’s in a smaller role, we tend to appreciate the scenes he’s in more? Imagine if Ordel were in only like three scenes, wouldn’t we appreciate him more? I mean I appreciate him a lot, it’s just that some people don’t

I say everyday this movie is too underwatched and underrated

Isn’t 40 LAshes a prison story set in the early 1900s? Were “cowboys” even around anymore?

But yeah, Jackie Brown is def an awesome movie. THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE SMOKING BUD!

Really, JAckie Brown is like a mirror of my life (minus Bridget Fonda, guns, and killing people)

If I could live the rest of my life like ordell, oh man…that’d be awesome. Have a nice beach view apartment…have some random chicks stationed in different parts of towns…you just go there to hide from the cops and to fuck the chicks…goooooood shit.

[quote=“The Seb”]
HEAT is an awesome urban epic. but that’s not really the topic here.

what i dont like about jackie brown either, take aside the fact that I love this movie, is in the end when jackie drives away singing along to the music really badly… didn’t like that ending
[/quote]
It’s a great ending, because it’s not just a woman singing a song and driving away. It’s a woman thinking about what she has done and what has happened to her. And it’s great that the song has such a different impact then in the beginning of the film.

And what a great song to sing on your way to the motherfucking airprot…Across 110th Street, love that song