Have you ever cried at the ending of a movie?

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I got all sorts of technics to control my eyes, even like I can sleep only from one eye during lectures while the other one is more or less focused on the teacher, and then I switch and use the other eye to sleep, ahah. Oh and of course I can sleep everywhere, do micro-nap, from 2 to 10 minutes but deep sleep and wake up precisely when I need it like in the subway. I can fall asleep and never get worry not to wake up at the right station (especially on specific lines I know very well).[/quote]

Why are you so awesome, Lili?

[quote=“Angel”]
Why are you so awesome, Lili?[/quote]

Ahah. Thanks cause most of people would think I’m a freak but those are very sueful technics. I could teach you the tricks in real life actually. Rare are of the persons who really succeed it anyway. You need a lot of practice.

But the uncool (or most of the time very cool in the end) with the eye control thing during lectures is that I inda feel asleep even though I think I’m awake and I keep writing what I hear. So you see that I do take notes based on what the teacher is saying but in the same time if someone is speaking around me, the sound gets to my ear sooner and I do write what they’re saying. Some sort of automatic writing. Like those people who force themselves to sleep and become unconscious to write what they really have in mind. I never do it for myself but in lectures, it’s pretty cool cause I sometimes have peices of conversations from people around me, so funny to read my paper in the end. Especially when I was in highschool, you know everybody is bitching around, telling rumors, gossips and all, so I did learn some interesting a couple of times with that technic, ahaha. Even though everybody thought I was sleeping (but the teacher didn’t cause I had one eye opened, the other is always hidden by my hand, forgot to tell that improtant trick) even I was really doing a cool micro-nap. Ahah.

[quote=“Ify”]I haven’t cried at the ending of a movie the way you’re talking about, but I gotta say that I did cry at the end of Death Proof. It was rather embarassing, really, well… it would have been embarassing if my friend saw me shedding tears (and there were quite a lot of them, it was so weird), but it was basically because I had read so much shit about Death Proof before watching it, and then when I did and found out that it was great, it just overwhelmed me. It overwhelmed me in the sense that I was 1) Disappointed with myself for having the nerve to doubt QT and 2) That I had witnessed such a personal film from QT, and that other people rejected it so.[/quote]

That's so sweet. :-*

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“cyber-lili”]
I got all sorts of technics to control my eyes, even like I can sleep only from one eye during lectures while the other one is more or less focused on the teacher, and then I switch and use the other eye to sleep, ahah. Oh and of course I can sleep everywhere, do micro-nap, from 2 to 10 minutes but deep sleep and wake up precisely when I need it like in the subway. I can fall asleep and never get worry not to wake up at the right station (especially on specific lines I know very well).[/quote]

Why are you so awesome, Lili?[/quote]

Today I slept 30 minutes in a cost accounting class. The teacher didn’t notice…or most likely she noticed but didn’t care to say something. I mean I was like that :

I just had my eyes closed…

I used to have the same ability to wake up as you do, but I don’t anymore. Now I just sleep 3 or 4 hours too much when I forget to set up the alarm.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]I used to have the same ability to wake up as you do, but I don’t anymore. Now I just sleep 3 or 4 hours too much when I forget to set up the alarm.[/quote]

Ahah, 3 or 4 hours is totally anti-micro-nap. To be efficient, a micro-nap shouldn't be longer than 20 mins or you'll never wake up or wake even more tired as before. 15 is the max for me. But you have to get A LOT of practice to fall asleep deeply in one minute cause most of the people need 5 or 10 minutes to fall asleep deeply. I can do it in a minute and wake up feeling as if I had slept for 30 mins while I was only asleep for 5 mins. I totally lost the conscience of time. I love that. Just to clear off my mind and be in a deep sleep where I don't dream, don't think of anything.

Oh, I misread that. Yeah I still can do micro-sleeps alright. Not as efficient as yours though. But I mean when I was younger I could go to bed and wake up exactly when I needed to in the morning. Maybe because I cared more. Now, I’d just my morning lectures if I had some.

I sleep on the train all the time now. I feel alright sleeping on the train in Japan. Can’t say I’d ever sleep on a train at home. I usually wake up like a jackass too, having missed my stop. But I pretend like I haven’t and just get off and wait for a train back a couple of stops.

I love to sleep in a train or a car against the window. Makes me feel like a Sofia Coppola movie, ahah. And for that same reason, I should I could also sleep in a japanese train to make me feel like in Lost in Translation :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Angel”]I sleep on the train all the time now. I feel alright sleeping on the train in Japan. Can’t say I’d ever sleep on a train at home. I usually wake up like a jackass too, having missed my stop. But I pretend like I haven’t and just get off and wait for a train back a couple of stops.[/quote]

I've only ridden a train twice in my life and that was at New Year's. Once on the way to NYC from CT, and once on the way back. Going was all exciting and I was like, "ooh, I'm on a train!", but that wore off after ten minutes. Coming back, I fell asleep next to this weird guy and my friends had to wake me up.

I use the train all the time at home. But where I live is not really busy enough to require a subway like, say, Sydney has. It’s a light rail.

I do have a car though, so I don’t use the train for everyday events. Just going long distance where I’d rather not park or something.

Trains are cool. I wish we had passenger trains here. I’d go places on weekends. I’d go to Austin more. I hate parking in Austin. It would be much better to just take a train and get dropped off near downtown.

Trains are very cool, I do take the train every three weeks to see my family. I have no driving licence so I never take the car to travel. Or only if I’m with someone driving, of course.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Trains are very cool, I do take the train every three weeks to see my family. I have no driving licence so I never take the car to travel. Or only if I’m with someone driving, of course.[/quote]

Are the train tickets pretty reasonably priced in France?

France isn’t a big country compared to the USA. But I think it’s pretty cheap, even though people are complaining here in France. In comparaison to prices in England where I’ve been to, it’s cheap. For example, I live in Paris but my family is still living in another city where I’ve been all my life before Paris. There are 200 kms (sorry to lazy to make it in miles for you) and it takes 1 hour by train and it’s around 20 euros (single, no return, would be 40 then) for people under 25 years old, but you can get a 16 or 14 euros ticket if you bought it two weeks before or just one day before. So it’s rather cheap.

Is that expensive in the USA ? Like Philadelphia and NYC are rather close, how much does it cost ? But you migth have to flight with plane all the time in the USA to travel since it’s such a big country.

So your parents live in Lille, lili? :smiley:

I’m just saying that because I’m doing that Lille-Paris travel a lot since I’ve joined that school and your description sounds a lot familiar: train for 1 hour, even the prizes :smiley:

You don’t have to answer, I wouldn’t want to be the cause of your parents being butchered by Mr.Pink’s evil twin!

Kind of On Topic, I almost cried while listening to The Beach by HORSE The Band, it’s a 1min song only featuring the sounds of a girl crying on the beach, with the sound of waves and birds in the background. I’m kinda drunk and I have listened to the album (and that track) more than a 100 times, but it got to me just now, probably because I was drunk and doing nothing apart from listening to the music. Well, it’s hardly a music, more a filler song, an introduction to the next track, but it’s really an amazing intro. So powerful.

We’re people from the West, not East. No need to tell the city to stay safe from Mr Pink, you might guess it.

I don’t know the TGV rails to guess it like that haha! I’m gonna leave you there, I gotta go out or sleep I still have to decide on that one.

I’m off in a few minutes too. I need some sleep and I can at last have a long morning tomorrow. No work. Off day.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Is that expensive in the USA ? Like Philadelphia and NYC are rather close, how much does it cost ? But you migth have to flight with plane all the time in the USA to travel since it’s such a big country.[/quote]

I think it’s about $25 to get from NYC to Philly. I reckon that’s about £13. I don’t know anything about Euros. But I do know GBP.

£13 is precisely 20 euros. So I guess the prices are pretty similar.