Grindhouse on DVD

do you know when planet terror will be released?

^ We haven’t got a release date yet! I’ve checked!

So prob either the Wein. Company doesn’t have a date yet, or it’s after Sept. 18!

Looks like we’ll finally get the specs at Comic-Con:

SDCC 07: Genius/Weinstein Tout DVD Plans

Look-alikes and characters to appear from Grindhouse.

by IGN Staff

[i]July 24, 2007 - Genius Products and The Weinstein Company will be hitting San Diego Comic-Con later this week to promote several of their upcoming DVD releases, and to aid in that endeavor they will be bringing several memorable characters from their films to the con. These will include:

• A Cherry Darling look-alike, based on the character played by Rose McGowan from Robert Rodriguez’s film Planet Terror

• Sydney Tamiia Poitier, who played Jungle Julia from Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof

• Machete’s Danny Trejo, the Mexican bent on revenge, as seen in the Grindhouse trailers and starring in Robert Rodriguez’s upcoming film of the same name

In addition to the Grindhouse films Death Proof and Planet Terror, the Dragon Dynasty label will also be in evidence at the Genius/Weinstein booth in the form of classics like John Woo’s Hard Boiled and Last Hurrah for Chivalry and Jackie Chan’s Crime Story.

Also on display will be titles from the brand new Dimension Extreme label which features "edgy and provocative programming [with titles including] Dirty Sanchez, the repulsive and completely disgusting comedy based on the MTV Europe series, DOA: Dead or Alive, based on the successful videogame franchise, as well as the highly anticipated horror flicks Black Sheep, Broken, Automaton Transfusion, and Buried Alive!"

Check out the Genius Products/The Weinstein Company booth (#4039) throughout the convention. Cherry Darling will meet-and-greet fans daily; autograph and meet-and-greet sessions are as follows:

Thursday, July 26th

2:00pm - 4:00pm (Sydney Tamiia Poitier)

Friday, July 27th

2:00pm - 4:00pm (Danny Trejo)[/i]

Interesting

Awesome, I hope we get the whole cover art, extras and stuff in some type of info on that day.

And I hope someone asks them will they release it later all together and see what they say.

Thanks for the heads up Laydback!

Does anyone know when we would know what is happening at 2:00 today at Comic-Con with the Grindhouse stuff?

Well there is this big Comic con thing on G4 tonight

Here is a link with some pics! None of the DVD yet! :frowning:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9449

(Courtesy of DVDTALK)

Here’s the cover-art

BEST BUY will be carrying these exclusive steelbook cases (BADASSS!!!)

[quote]SDCC: Grindhouse Gets Cut in Two

Seperate DVD releases for Death Proof and Planet Terror

by Christopher Monfette

July 26, 2007 - The Weinstein Company and Genius Products announced today that the two films that made up the classically under-rated Grindhouse release will hit DVD on two seperate, extended and unrated DVDs.

Quentin Tarantino’s serial-killer homage to the old school car chase film, Death Proof will hit shelves with over 30 minutes of additional, never-before-seen footage including the maddening “missing reel” (containing the excised lapdance sequence) as well as a black and white segment in the film’s second act. The DVD will hit on September 18, 2007 for a price of $29.95. Features will include:

Finding Quentin’s Gals

The Guys of Death Proof

Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike

Introducing Zoe Bell

Quentin’s Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke

Double Dare trailer

International Poster Gallery

Meanwhile, the Robert Rodriguez zombie entry, Planet Terror, will attack with more footage, deleted scenes, a full commentary and the infamous missing reel. That disc will drop on October 16, 2007 for a price of $29.95 and it’s features will include:

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Robert Rodriguez

International trailer

Deleted Scenes

Cooking School

10-Minute Film School

The Stunts

The Make-up and Effects

The Badass Babes

The Renegade Guys

The Costumes

The Production Design[/quote]

nice, nice

wow, those look fucking bad ass. I can’t wait.

I need more special features from death proof - stuff like Quentin interviews and a Quentin commentary track.

[quote=“robertdiggs36”]
and a Quentin commentary track.
[/quote]

Well, there’s still hope for it to show up on the 3-Hour edition at least.

I love ‘The Departed’ Best Buy steelbook, but I don’t know how much I like this one. I might have to pass on these steelbooks.

[quote=“KILL BILL vol.3”]
wow, those look fucking bad ass. I can’t wait.
[/quote]

Ditto.

The same guy who scored these pics got a few other shots around the Con.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.flickr.com/photos/7731074@N0 … 026892146/”>http://www.flickr.com/photos/7731074@N04/sets/72157601026892146/</LINK_TEXT>

Plus Sydney,“Cherry”,and Rosario (I saw G4’s interview with Rosario earlier and Gotta say this is the hottest I’ve seen her look in awhile)

F’N awesome! I’m getting 2 Death Proofs. One to watch and one to keep sealed! Both tin case ones. Does anyone know if it is just the same dvd in those cases as to just buying it without the case, because I want the case, but love the dvd cover of the regular ones.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
F’N awesome! I’m getting 2 Death Proofs. One to watch and one to keep sealed! Both tin case ones. Does anyone know if it is just the same dvd in those cases as to just buying it without the case, because I want the case, but love the dvd cover of the regular ones.
[/quote]

They’re both the same, but don’t forget, Only BEST BUY will be carrying the steelbook cases (This could change in different region-releases though)

I’m especially drooling at the PT steelbook

The link also says that they’ll have “an extra not found on the normal dvds”.

I live in the USA so I’ll be buying 2 Death Proofs at Best Buy’s website! Pre-order.

Since I work at a rental store, I’ll prob buy The PT dvd there.

Thanks for the info. I love the regular cover art but also need the tin can, so cool that it’s both.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Ditto.
[/quote]

Ditto? what does that mean.