Ebert And Roeper Tonight!

[quote]Is it just me or it that everytime  some  forgotten actor is picked up by Tarantino they end up w/ an Oscar nomination?[/quote]

QT’s just got that touch, yo!

Boy I lucked out, Ebert/Roeper is about to come on in half an hour (Instead of tomorrow evening which is the normal time) Good thing I used my Tv menu tonight!

[quote]Is it just me or it that everytime  some  forgotten actor is picked up by Tarantino they end up w/ an Oscar nomination?[/quote]
Except for Pam Grier, which was Tarantino’s dream :frowning:

[quote]
Except for Pam Grier, which was Tarantino’s dream :frowning:[/quote]

I remember a lot of critics liking her performance, and really liking Robert Forsters.

THEY LOVED IT MORE THAN VOLUME 1 !!!

This movie looks fuckin incredible!! I taped the show and it got me even more pumped to see it. Which is pretty tough to do since Im already 110% excited.

They showed:

The Bride training with Pai Mei (Even cooler than what was described in the script! wait til you see how QT shot this, fuckin BEAUTIFUL SHAW BROS KUNG FU BLISS! Uma looks like a Shaw Brothers kung fu action star doin all her tiger and crane and eagles claw!!! 8)

Budd chewin tobaccy talking to Bill (these guys have a perfect chemistry together)

Budd talkin to Elle (Elle I got me a Hattori Hanzo sword and let me tell ya, thats what I call sharp)

Ebert AND Roeper were like fans from this forum the way they talked about the film. They said Kill Bill as a whole SHOULD be put in the Academy Award race in 2004 and that David Carradine should get a Best Supporting Actor nod. Ebert then said it was going on his Top 10 of 2004.

Folks, youre gonna LOVE this movie MORE than Pulp. If you dont, youre either lying or just a deadbeat.

FUCK! I WANT TO SEE THAT SHOW! I hope there will be a video-copy in internet to download this Ebert and Roeper show.

THE SHOW IS ON RIGHT NOW!!! IF YOU TURN IT ON, LOOK FOR IT! YOU GOT ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THEY REVIEW KILL BILL VOL 2!

Set your VCRs so you can tape it!

Ebert: The dialogue is hypnotic.

Roeper: Back when Pulp Fiction came out alot of directors tried to copy Tarantinos style with all the pop culture references and stuff, but in Kill Bill Vol 2 you see that Tarantino’s writing is so much more than that.

BOO YAH!!! :slight_smile:

[quote]THE SHOW IS ON RIGHT NOW!!! IF YOU TURN IT ON, LOOK FOR IT! YOU GOT ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THEY REVIEW KILL BILL VOL 2!

Set your VCRs so you can tape it![/quote]

Hey man, I’m an unlucky motherfucker. Im here in Germany and cannot see this fuckin brilliant show. Fuck!!

Oh my GOD! They showed so much new footage I was fucking orgasming the entire time! :o Both Ebert and Roper gave it an outstanding review. I can’t remember ONE negative thing they said. I can’t wait for this movie. 8)

…and Roper just gave Volume 1 a great review (as a movie and DVD). It was part of the ‘Thumbs Up DVD’ segment. :slight_smile:

I just got finished watching the show and from the footage I saw it looks like the Pak Mei chapter is going to be great. Uma’s Kung Fu looked very credible and the emotional complexities of her acting looks solid. Gordon Liu looks so great as Pak Mei. I’m so glad they went with subtitles instead of dubbing it. That may have ruined the whole chapter. Just from the small clip of Darryl they showed it looks like she has redeemed herself from her wooden performance in Vol.1.

[quote]I just got finished watching the show and from the footage I saw it looks like the Pak Mei chapter is going to be great. Uma’s Kung Fu looked very credible and the emotional complexities of her acting looks solid. Gordon Liu looks so great as Pak Mei. I’m so glad they went with subtitles instead of dubbing it. That may have ruined the whole chapter. Just from the small clip of Darryl they showed it looks like she has redeemed herself from her wooden performance in Vol.1. [/quote]
Dude, noone cares if you know Cantonese or not, just call the man “Pai Mei”.

They sure showed some great clips in there. Did you see those crazy Shaw zooms during the Pai Mei scenes? And that music that was playing during the training sequence had RZA written all over it. I’m surprised to not see that included on the soundtrack.

Ebert & Roeper’s raves blew me away. How many more days do we gotta wait???

[quote]
Dude, noone cares if you know Cantonese or not, just call the man “Pai Mei”. ÂÂ
[/quote]

Why are you on my back? If I want to spell it Pak Mei than that’s my preference. I’m not forcing anyone to spell it that way and NOT condemning anyone who spells it Pai Mei or even Bai Mei. So just let it go and move on already. PEACE!

[quote]They sure showed some great clips in there. Did you see those crazy Shaw zooms during the Pai Mei scenes?[/quote]

Those zooms were great. The Cinematography was also amazing. It really captures the feel of a Shaw Brothers film.

[quote]And that music that was playing during the training sequence had RZA written all over it. I’m surprised to not see that included on the soundtrack.[/quote]

I didn’t really get a chance to focus on the music because it was in bits. They kept switching scenes during the review. I’ll be able to focus on it more when the film comes out.

[quote]Ebert & Roeper’s raves blew me away. How many more days do we gotta wait???[/quote]

14 days!

[quote]

Why are you on my back? If I want to spell it Pak Mei than that’s my preference. I’m not forcing anyone to spell it that way and NOT condemning anyone who spells it Pai Mei or even Bai Mei. So just let it go and move on already. PEACE! ÂÂ
[/quote]

Cause it’s like talking Simpsons with a guy, only he constantly refers to Bart as Bartholomew, as it is his “PROPER name”, even though noone on the show, nor outside of it calls him that. It’s annoying, and serves only in making you look pretentious.

[quote]

Cause it’s like talking Simpsons with a guy, only he constantly refers to Bart as Bartholomew, as it is his “PROPER name”, even though noone on the show, nor outside of it calls him that.  It’s annoying, and serves only in making you look pretentious.
[/quote]

It’s only annoying to YOU. Nobody else on this board is even discussing this issue because honestly nobody gives a damn. You seem to be the only one on this board who can’t take a deep breath and let it go. I didn’t even bring this issue up in the first place, yet you’re jumping down my back on some bullshit. There are different spellings of Pak Mei/Pai Mei/Bai Mei. That’s a fact!

It’s been like that well before Kill Bill. Tarantino grew up watching Shaw Brothers films just like me and many other people. Some adapted the Pai Mei spelling. Others the Pak Mei and Bai Mei spelling. There was NO one way to spell the man’s name. Since the Pak Mei character was first rooted in real life than in Shaw Brothers films not Kill Bill, i’ve continued with the Pak Mei spelling. It’s is simple as that. If you can’t accept that than I’m sorry, you’ll still live.  In closing, I won’t be addressing this issue anymore, because it’s pointless and a waste of time. If you want to continue with this nonsense go right ahead. PEACE!

[quote]

It’s only annoying to YOU. Nobody else on this board is even discussing this issue because honestly nobody gives a damn. You seem to be the only one on this board who can’t take a deep breath and let it go. I didn’t even bring this issue up in the first place, yet you’re jumping down my back on some bullshit. There are different spellings of Pak Mei/Pai Mei/Bai Mei. That’s a fact!

It’s been like that well before Kill Bill. Tarantino grew up watching Shaw Brothers films just like me and many other people. Some adapted the Pai Mei spelling. Others the Pak Mei and Bai Mei spelling. There was NO one way to spell the man’s name. Since the Pak Mei character was first rooted in real life than in Shaw Brothers films not Kill Bill, i’ve continued with the Pak Mei spelling. It’s is simple as that. If you can’t accept that than I’m sorry, you’ll still live.  In closing, I won’t be addressing this issue anymore, because it’s pointless and a waste of time. If you want to continue with this nonsense go right ahead. PEACE!
[/quote]
I know of the different pronounciations of the name, as I too have grown up on Shaw Bros. films, and I know that it was based on some dude named White Eyebrows, and how he kicked a clans ass for killing his former student, but still, for Kill Bill purposes, just call him Pai Mei, because really, what’s the point of calling him Pak Mei other than to simply show off your knowlege?

It’s not the exact same character as in the history books or the Shaw films. It’s QT’s character, which he aptly named “Pai”, and calling him “Pak” will do nothing but confuse people, and cause hundreds of “dude, you spelt it wrong” responses. You hit my peeve, nigga! WAR!

Ebert and Roeper is on every friggin’ sunday and today it’s not on! An hour of Access Hollywood instead! !#%@$%!$#@

caught it this morning on abc, they seemed really thrilled about the movie, and the footage we saw was great, i was surprised at uma’s kung-fu skill, definitly old school shaw style…

They showed a clip of a little dialogue between Bill and Budd with Bill getting peeved over the fact that Hanzo had made one of his custom swords for the Bride after he had made a blood oath never to do it again. And Budd says something like “well Bill, you seem to bring that out in people.” It was great.