Donny Donowitz

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Wow I didn’t know you were such a tech geek. Saves money though.
[/quote]

I’m not a tech geek. I don’t care to learn anything I don’t need to. But I do know what I have to do to watch Nick’s work!

[quote=“Solox”]
little off topic here
[/quote]

I think this topic has been basterdised to hell. We need more news. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Geoi”]
I think this topic has been basterdised to hell. We need more news. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Yeah, everything about Eli, his ‘acting’ skills and his role as Donowitz has been said already in here. We certainly need more news or even photos of him as D.D.

[quote=“Solox”]
Yeah, everything about Eli, his ‘acting’ skills and his role as Donowitz has been said already in here. We certainly need more news or even photos of him as D.D.
[/quote]

Maybe there is no none…because maybe Eli Roth isn’t in this movie! :slight_smile:

We can only hope. ;D

Honestly, who are we to doubt QT’s choices? (please do not add any DP hate here)

[quote=“Geoi”]
(please do not add any DP hate here)
[/quote]

No, I think his Director of Photography choices have been top-notch, from Andrejz Sekula to Bob Richardson. But when it comes to a film called Death Proof, I think most of his choices went to shit a bit… ;D

[quote=“Kinick”]
No, I think his Director of Photography choices have been top-notch, from Andrejz Sekula to Bob Richardson. But when it comes to a film called Death Proof, I think most of his choices went to shit a bit… ;D

[/quote]

The basis of the topic was who do you think could play donnie… not who should, it’s a little to late in the off for anything to change lol

And as far as DP goes, I don’t think he made any poor choices, the cast put across what they were supposed to, Quentin’s camera work was great, the music was great, etc etc etc

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
The basis of the topic was who do you think could play donnie… not who should, it’s a little to late in the off for anything to change lol[/quote]

I don’t what that has to do with my post.

[quote]And as far as DP goes, I don’t think he made any poor choices, the cast put across what they were supposed to, Quentin’s camera work was great, the music was great, etc etc etc[/quote]

You didn’t get my joke.

[quote=“Kinick”]

You didn’t get my joke.
[/quote]

I got it! LOL!

[quote=“Geoi”]
I got it! LOL!
[/quote]

Haha, it was meant for you so I’m glad you did.

Wow, that was your 420th post. You should shmoke up dude.

Eli Roth was the right choice. Under the direction of QT, who happens to be good friends with, Roth can shine. As minimal as he has been in other movies (Cabin Fever and Hostel), I thought his assholish character in Death Proof was quite effective for what we were expecting…Just to be funny, Zachary Quinto would’ve been a good choice to (for those of you who know who Quinto is, then you know exactly what i mean)…

Speaking of Cabin Fever: “Yeah, he’s a professor, of being a dog! Ooo faced! *breath Scratch Moded!” That’s the humorous insanity of Eli Roth, and that’s why under QT’s direction, he could shine.

He didn’t shine in Death Proof… and remind me who directed that again.

well define “shine”. in DP he was playing some dude who goes out witha buddy to pick up chicks, he had a few lines and where was the problem? it’s not like he had to deliver a Pacino performance and blew it. it was supposed to be a cheap-ass exploitation flick anyway, have you ever seen some of those with oscar-worthy performances?

Well, I personally didn’t have a problem with his character for what we were to expect, and yes haha QT directed that, i had more of a problem with Omar Doom’s character and yes, am kinda skeptical on how he will do in IB

[quote=“Sebastian”]
well define “shine”. in DP he was playing some dude who goes out witha buddy to pick up chicks, he had a few lines and where was the problem? it’s not like he had to deliver a Pacino performance and blew it. it was supposed to be a cheap-ass exploitation flick anyway, have you ever seen some of those with oscar-worthy performances?
[/quote]

you took the words right from my mouth

[quote=“Sebastian”]
it was supposed to be a cheap-ass exploitation flick anyway, have you ever seen some of those with oscar-worthy performances?
[/quote]

Not according to QT. There was supposed to be no intentionally bad acting in DP. Nor was it meant to be cheap project on the side.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Not according to QT. There was supposed to be no intentionally bad acting in DP. Nor was it meant to be cheap project on the side.
[/quote]

Roth’s performance wasn’t that bad, was it? Am I missing something? Just remember “for what he’s given and for what we’re to expect of him”, then I believe that he did his part.

[quote=“Kinick”]
[/quote]

Just because you don’t have Oscar worthy acting doesn’t mean it’s “intentionally bad”.

The cheap project thing - although QT said afterwards that it was his next proper film, and not just some filler, we all know it was filler. He talked about it after he made Kill Bill that his next film would just be like a fille rbefore his next Everest-climbing film. And judging by how small Death Proof actually is (it’s way smaller than Jackie Brown), it sure does come across like DP was meant to be a filler. It was a pretty damn good filler though!

[quote=“Beja87”]
Roth’s performance wasn’t that bad, was it? Am I missing something? Just remember “for what he’s given and for what we’re to expect of him”, then I believe that he did his part.
[/quote]

I’m not even thinking about his performance in DP, I’m going by the fact that he’s not an actor (at least a professional one deserving of a supporting role like this) and was only cast coz he’s QT’s friend. I just know I would have preferred anyone before him for IB.

I just hate the way people are coming out with, “Eli Roth is the best choice for Donowitz…” etc. Who do you think you’re kidding, just because you know he’s in the role (which we haven’t seen a frame of) you suddenly spring to this conclusion?

Edit: I don’t hate it, it’s funny I suppose. Just look at this for instance:
[quote=“BioBasterd”]
Kind of a redundant topic. Eli Roth is playing the part. So thinking of someone else that could play the jew bear is well…stupid. Eli is a real jew, he is hairy like a bear. What doesn’t fit into the equation?

Simon Pegg can act and he is so gret in Shaun and Hot Fuzz. But he just doesn’t stand against Michael Meyers. Michael is an elite comedic actor.
[/quote]

hahahhah, Pegg and Myers weren’t even considered for the same role.

Yeah, Pegg was up for Fassbender’s role of Lt. Archie Hicox.