DISCUSSION: Volume 2 - "The Love Story"

yeah, why the fuck is it called The Love Story. I just saw the teaser also and it was kinda lame.

[quote]Volume 2 will have more depth, more emotion, more background info. Vol 1 was about pure action and excitement, Part 2 will be more about the human side of the Brides journey. We’ll meet Budd, learn more about Elle, Pai Mei and learn more about The Bride and Bill’s relationship. QT is filling in all the spaces to create one full rounded out great story. I think its gonna be awesome.

Dont let some little subtitle throw you off. [/quote]

well, more emotion is always nice.

[quote]

well, more emotion is always nice.
[/quote]

what do you mean with this post?
And please be so kind and DON´T give me one of this nice names you give some guys in other topis. Only one serious explaination of your post.

[quote]

what do you mean with this post?

And please be so kind and DON´T give me one of this nice names you give some guys in other topis. Only one serious explaination of your post.[/quote]

don't worry, I won't use my colorful vocabulary on you, I like you, you're pretty calm and you complimented me on how many posts Ive made in a short period of time. well, what I meant by "more emotion" was the film Kill Bill vol.2 they're saying it's gonna have more emotion than the 1st one and so I said "more emotion is always nice."

More people will feelwith the charaters now, emotion always drags people with them.

This love story shit sounds so incredibly stupid. Fuck love stories. Fuck that, FUCK! I wanna see another House of Blue Leaves sequence then some fucking love story, like FUCK! >:(

“Kiru Biru - Love Story!”

I don’t think Quentin approved that tagline. He must’ve been pretty stoned doing it, if he did it.

The fact that it’s on a Japanese site and their Engrish ain’t so hot isn’t getting me too worried. This is demonstrated by the following exhibits:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

yeah, what the hell is the whole “love story” thing about? I was watching the trailer and the trailer kinda sucked, I thought they were gonna show some action or something when the samurai sword appeared, but no, all you see is Uma Thurman walking down a beach. now I’m not all about action, but when you go to see a film like Kill Bill, you want action and fighting and shit, not a “love story.” “kill is love”??? how lame can you get? QT must have been REALLY fucking stoned if he even approved that…

[quote]yeah, what the hell is the whole “love story” thing about? I was watching the trailer and the trailer kinda sucked, I thought they were gonna show some action or something when the samurai sword appeared, but no, all you see is Uma Thurman walking down a beach. now I’m not all about action, but when you go to see a film like Kill Bill, you want action and fighting and shit, not a “love story.” “kill is love”??? how lame can you get? QT must have been REALLY fucking stoned if he even approved that…[/quote]

You don’t know shit about this movie retard ,you haven’t even seen Vol. 1 yet.

[quote]

You don’t know shit about this movie retard ,you haven’t even seen Vol. 1 yet.
[/quote]

you’re right, I haven’t SEEN it, but Ive read the screenplay.

Read my posts above. This is not gonna be a “Harry met Sally” love story, it will resemble a “True Romance” love story. You would know that if you read the script. Oh yeah, I forgot you still have to see True Romance too. Do your homework before saying random shit.

[quote]Read my posts above. This is not gonna be a “Harry met Sally” love story, it will resemble a “True Romance” love story. You would know that if you read the script. Oh yeah, I forgot you still have to see True Romance too. Do your homework before saying random shit.[/quote]

ok, ok. it was just the trailer that threw me off. and Im going to rent True Romance whenever it's in at my nearest video store. it's been checked out a lot lately.

I don’t have a problem with a love story to tell you the truth. I’ve got a good fealing it’s going to come out well. You all know you do too, common’ don’t lie. I actually think this love story is going to give QT a great chance to work his dialogue.

Unrelated note: B. Dog, what QT movies have you actually seen?

[quote]I don’t have a problem with a love story to tell you the truth. I’ve got a good fealing it’s going to come out well. You all know you do too, common’ don’t lie. I actually think this love story is going to give QT a great chance to work his dialogue.

Unrelated note: B. Dog, what QT movies have you actually seen?[/quote]

Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction

I stick by my original statement that “Kill is Love” is a bad translation, and doesn’t apply. There will be no love story. I’ll say it again because it’s important: There will be no love story.

The Bride will kill Bill.

She will find out about her daughter.

No love story unless you count the love between her and her daughter.

There may be, of course, a flashback to when the Bride and Bill were going at it like drunk monkeys (not to say that you’ll see anything, but to imply that you will see them together when they were getting along), but I don’t think that would count as a love story, since it will just be a flashback to when they were in love, and then it will go back to present day where she’s killin’ people.

That’s it.

I don’t want to hear any more discussion about this being a love story.

It will not be like When Harry Met Sally.

It will not be like True Romance.

It won’t even be a Psycho-esque love story.

Let’s put this to rest.

Way to go man. You just spoiled the movie for half the board members. Congrats.

Oh yeah, and about the other things you said, you’re wrong. Vol. 2 will delve deeper into the relationship between Bill and the Bride. It will show the time they loved each other and what lead to the crisis in their relationship. I don’t know about you, but that for me that is a love story. Of course Vol. 2 will have its  serving of exploitation and violence, but this time there will be more depth. And the depth will be provided thanks to Bill’s and the Bride’s “relationship gone bad”.

I didn’t spoil anything. I specifically only mentioned things that we know.

1. the brides daughter is alive.
  2. The Bride wants to kill Bill.

Secondly, Vol. 2 is not a love story.

Just because there is a flashback to a love story (even if this takes a full half of the movie, which it won’t) doesn’t mean that Vol. 2 IS a love story.

Vol. 2 WILL be a spaghetti western with kung fu subtexts. It will NOT be a love story. That’s ridiculous.

Be cool.

See, not every person on this board read the script (I did it :wink:).

Some guys try to see KB 2 without knowing more about the movie than the information from KB1.

So everyone should use the word Spoiler for everything that happened in KB2.

So - also you can´t believe it - there are person who

Spoiler

didn´t know that the Bride (so we also write Spoiler, if we write her real name) will find her daughter still alive…

--------------SPOILERS----------------

1.) The Bride wants to kill Bill - The Bride will kill Bill: not the same.

2.) The Bride’s daughter is alive - She will find about her daughter: not the same.

And the love story thing is a matter of opinion I guess. For me Vol.2 will still primarily be an exploiation movie, but there will still be a love story goin’ on. And not only in the flashbacks but also in the last scenes where the Bride and Bill have that conversation at Bill’s house.

non-spoiler material

Guys, I’m not being a dick here. Calm down. :wink:

I’m not giving anything away. The fact that the daughter is alive means that you should be able to assume that the Bride finds out! Otherwise, there’s no internal conflict concerning retrospect on what she’s done because she thought the kid was dead. Me saying that she finds out about the daughter should not be a red light that I’ve spoiled anything. Come on, people. :wink:

Also, I’m not giving away any spoilers that she kills Bill. Maybe she doesn’t… I don’t know! Tarantino could through surprises in there, and maybe he doesn’t die. However, based on American (and Asian) film… if the title implies that something’s going to happen, it probably will.

So… in other words, I don’t know for sure if she finds out about the daughter, and I don’t know for sure if she kills Bill. However, I think we can all assume both happen.

Furthermore, with regard to the love story, when I think of love stories, I think of True Romance, Shakespear in Love (which I hated), Punch Drunk Love, etc. I don’t think of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, even though that had love contexts. Why? Because CTHD was a kung-fu movie… just like Kill Bill will be. That’s all I’m saying.

Now, stop being pissed at me. :wink: