Desperado

Quentin is so hot in Desperado ;D :-*

Desperado is great - definately one of Rodriguez’s best films. QT’s scenes are just hilarious - the joke is brilliantly delivered - laughed my little socks of. OUATIM wasn’t as good as Desperado but Johnny Depp was fantastic in it.

I am a fan of the whole El Mariachi trilogy and my favourite is probably El Mariachi, but Desperado is excellent. OUATIM was good and i still felt Rodriguez in it, but it was a bit too different from the rest of the trilogy, though over time i convinced myself that it was in line with the rest of the trilogy.

i cant really compare the two because i apreciate El Mariachi for completly differnt reason to that of Desperado i cant say i like one more than the other but i will stop pussy footing around and say that i didnt think “OUATIM” measured up to them…

There’s nothing funnier than a remote control guitar case, a guaitar case bazooka, a guitar case flame thrower, etc. I love it!

But Quentin’s bar joke is great…so great…that I’ve repeated it to atleast 3 other people before.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
i cant really compare the two because i apreciate El Mariachi for completly differnt reason to that of Desperado i cant say i like one more than the other but i will stop pussy footing around and say that i didnt think “OUATIM” measured up to them…
[/quote]

This is exactly what I think about it. I don’t really know what Rodriguez tried to do with OUATIM…

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
There’s nothing funnier than a remote control guitar case, a guaitar case bazooka, a guitar case flame thrower, etc. I love it!

But Quentin’s bar joke is great…so great…that I’ve repeated it to atleast 3 other people before.
[/quote]

i have used that bar joke too a couple fo times

I would if i actually went to bars… or went out…

I tried telling it to friends at school, dunno maybe the atmosphere wasn’t right… they didn’t think it was funny -_-…

Hehe, I’ve heard that joke before… Or seen the movie before ;D

lol the joke rocks i have used it a few times and it has raised a few smiles.

I love Desperado , it is a film that totally grips and QT at the beginning is excellent and opens the story up nicely.

I love the song that was played when Quentin entered ‘‘UH!’’ yeah can’t do it…

Shouldn’t this topic be in the Rodriguez section…

Hint!

HINT!

Don’t be hatin’ cuz i’m Bioliciousss :-*

yeah now that we have one…

[quote=“Lode”]
This is exactly what I think about it. I don’t really know what Rodriguez tried to do with OUATIM…
[/quote]

In the commentary he says it’s like a sequel to another sequel - so it’s like two movies into one. That’s why you see a bunch of flashbacks where the general murders Carolina. Th plot is quite complex though, too much information to comprehend, there are too many things going on at once.

He was trying to make something that wasn’t just a mindless action movie. It’s really two movies in one. Robert always intended to do a trilogy and the flashbacks are from his intended third film. Salma Hayek wasn’t available for a full shoot so he took what he had planned and mixed it with Quentin’s idea to pay homage to Sergio Leone and the Fistful of Dollars Trilogy (mostly The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly).

As far as Robert is concerned this is the fourth movie. The flashbacks are from the third movie. A movie that just doesn’t exist. Kinda like how Royal Tenenbaums is adapted from a book that doesn’t exist.

i love this movie one i can wacth over and over

I’ve actually sat and watched it three times in a row before. I always have to rewind and watch Quentin’s scenes a couple of times before I progress. He’s so cool in it.

I love how he goes “You owe me three hundred dollars, Punta.” He totally mispronounces every word he says in Spanish. Hilarious.