Definitely Quentin's worst

[quote=“Jjp”]
Most women in general don’t like Reservoir Dogs.
[/quote]
I’m a woman
[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
My Favorites:

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Death Proof
  3. Kill Bill Vol1
  4. Pulp Fiction
  5. Kill Bill Vol.2

*Haven’t seen Jackie Brown yet :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

[quote=“Ify”]
Why “of course”?
[/quote]

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Probably cause it’s only 50% QT. I love it anyway.
[/quote]

[quote=“me”]

[/quote]

Oh man, that was your “get out of jail free card”. I wish Max hadn’t have said that, I’m curious as to whether you would have replied with the same comment.

Anyway, it may have been 50% QT in that the story, the characters and a bit of the dialogue were taken from the novel, but that’s to be expected in an adaptation. The film is very much 100% QT. So in essence, you’re saying that Elmore Leonard is shit? Because you have stated that reason for not liking the film. I happen to think Leonard has made Tarantino better. I don’t see it in terms of that “50% QT” bullshit. In my eyes, it is superior to all his films in terms of characterisation. The atmosphere is also second to none. Furthermore, the dialogue is just fucking brilliant. A lot of stuff in there which is better than anything else he’s written.

Yeah, but it’s Elmore’s characters, he created them and probably half of the dialogue is Elmore’s (Haven’t read the book) and the plot is Elmores, Quentin brought the characters to the screen in a wonderful way, as much as I LOVE Jackie Brown, I’d rather have a 100% QT film than a adaptation or a remake.

Now with Max saying that, I would have to switch JB with PF!

1. Death Proof
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Jackie Brown
  4. Kill Bill (Both volumes as a whole)
  5. Reservoir Dogs

It wasn’t my intention to make you like it less. I’m sorry and will pray for your soul. :wink:

^ ha ha! Don’t worry. Jackie Brown is like 2b instead of 2a now.

1. Death Proof

2a. Pulp Fiction

2b. Jackie Brown
  2. Kill Bill
  3. R Dogs

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Yeah, but it’s Elmore’s characters, he created them and probably half of the dialogue is Elmore’s (Haven’t read the book) and the plot is Elmores, Quentin brought the characters to the screen in a wonderful way, as much as I LOVE Jackie Brown, I’d rather have a 100% QT film than a adaptation or a remake.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t say half of the dialogue is his. I got my hands on Rum Punch, and flicked through most of it. I didn’t recognise any of the dialogue from the film.

I already mentioned those points you highlighted. But to dislike a film solely because he based it on someone else’s work is ridiculous. Why would you rather have a 100% QT film, if the film itself is a masterpiece? It makes no sense. I judge a film on quality not on who wrote the fucking plot. With your rationale, Pulp Fiction should also be at the bottom of the “QT’s Best Film” list.

Furthermore, almost ALL of QT’s work is taken from elsewhere. None of it is really 100% QT. Just look at Kill Bill. That logic you both seem to share is a bit silly.

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
Now with Max saying that, I would have to switch JB with PF!

1. Death Proof
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Jackie Brown
  4. Kill Bill (Both volumes as a whole)
  5. Reservoir Dogs
    [/quote]

Oh man, I would never let anyone change how much I like a film. I decide on these things MYSELF :wink:

[quote=“Ify”]
I wouldn’t say half of the dialogue is his. I got my hands on Rum Punch, and flicked through most of it. I didn’t recognise any of the dialogue from the film.

I already mentioned those points you highlighted. But to dislike a film solely because he based it on someone else’s work is ridiculous. Why would you rather have a 100% QT film, if the film itself is a masterpiece? It makes no sense. I judge a film on quality not on who wrote the fucking plot. With your rationale, Pulp Fiction should also be at the bottom of the “QT’s Best Film” list.

Furthermore, almost ALL of QT’s work is taken from elsewhere. None of it is really 100% QT. Just look at Kill Bill. That logic you both seem to share is a bit silly.

Oh man, I would never let anyone change how much I like a film. I decide on these things MYSELF :wink:
[/quote]

There’s a difference between references and adaptation. I didn’t say I disliked Jackie Brown

His greatest:

1. Jackie Brown
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Kill Bill
  4. Death Proof

5 Reservoir Dogs

My Favorites

5. Death Proof
  6. Reservoir Dogs
  7. Pulp Fiction
  8. Kill Bill
  9. Jackie Brown

But I consider them all 10/10 or even !0/!0 :stuck_out_tongue: the “!” stands of course for… AWESOMENESS.

Sometimes you scare me, Ify. sometimes I think if Quentin took a shit infront of you, you’d say “omg, that’s genius, look at the beautiful lighting on it, Oh and the colors are awesome, the shape of it his pure gold. I love it” You’d probably take a picture and hang it over your bed. You won’t let anybody have a different opinion about QT without “calling them out on their “Bullshit”” or whatever. You try to be so above everybody else,like everybody here is posers (Or poseurs) and you’re the only true fan. You think you know him better than any of us here. Maybe you know more than some, but not all. I understand that you love QT but sometimes you even insult people for saying something like “I didn’t like Uma wedding dress” or something. I’m not trying to start an argument I just think you need to chill. Start smoking weed, that might calm you down.

I apologize if I offended you.

[quote=“maindrianpace”]
How can you say Dogs is his worst film? To me all his films are on the same level simply because I dont look at them as better or worse, just different. Everytime I watch Dogs I see a great debut film filled with energy and excitement. Its a special movie and its a strong one. Worst film? Bullshit on that.

Is this still the QT Fan forum? I’m confused. ???

[/quote]

did you even read my original post? i love reservoir dogs.

i have the feeling most of you only read the thread title and my favourite QT list, and then post a comment. nobody wrote any arguments or opinions for or against the stuff i wrote in my opening post.

Edit: and this is not a Jackie Brown thread

Screenwriting wise, Dogs is amongst QT’s best work (maybe even the absolute best). Directing wise, it is nothing special if compared to his later movies. But since the film was written in the vein of a theatre play, it was supposed to be that way. Truth of the matter is very few directors manage to have a stronger debut than QT achieved with Dogs. That’s including all time greats like Leone and Scorsese. And that’s a fact.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Sometimes you scare me, Ify. sometimes I think if Quentin took a shit infront of you, you’d say “omg, that’s genius, look at the beautiful lighting on it, Oh and the colors are awesome, the shape of it his pure gold. I love it” You’d probably take a picture and hang it over your bed. You won’t let anybody have a different opinion about QT without “calling them out on their “Bullshit”” or whatever. You try to be so above everybody else,like everybody here is posers (Or poseurs) and you’re the only true fan. You think you know him better than any of us here. Maybe you know more than some, but not all. I understand that you love QT but sometimes you even insult people for saying something like “I didn’t like Uma wedding dress” or something. I’m not trying to start an argument I just think you need to chill. Start smoking weed, that might calm you down.

I apologize if I offended you.
[/quote]

All this coming from a 15 year old? I like it though, you have balls (sometimes) and it perfectly compliments my calling you out on your personality.

The fact of the matter is, if you bothered to comprehend my posts - I often respect when other people criticise QT. If they have something valid to say, then fair enough. The only thing I have a problem with is when you speak shit. You haven’t bothered replying to my post where I called you out on your “50% QT” bullshit. If you did, I’d respect you more. There are people on this forum who more often than not, talk out of their arse. I say it how I see it. I don’t say these things just for the sake that I feel it is my duty to as a QT fan. I say these things, because I genuinely feel something for the things I’m talking about. I am a QT fan BECAUSE I love his stuff so much. When have I insulted people for not liking something as trivial as Uma’s dress? If I DID insult them, I am truly sorry because that wasn’t my intention. I often speak frankly and use a lot of expletives (though I have cut down on these quite a bit).

It’s amusing to me how you replied trying to justify yourself (you didn’t) and then thought about it some more and came back 20 minutes later and added another post.

Just for the record, I NEVER try to be above anybody else. If I firmly believed nobody here are true fans, I would stop coming here. Btw, you’re getting me confused with Pete.

Also, it’s remarkable how many people think I’m angry when I make my posts or that I am outraged all time. That’s the shit thing about writing over the internet, you never can get your emotions across. And I hate using smilies all the time.

But it’s touching that I scare you sometimes. I’ll keep that in mind, as well as that post you made. :smiley:

Haha, oh look, I used a smilie.

[quote=“Ify”]
All this coming from a 15 year old? I like it though, you have balls (sometimes) and it perfectly compliments my calling you out on your personality.

The fact of the matter is, if you bothered to comprehend my posts - I often respect when other people criticise QT. If they have something valid to say, then fair enough. The only thing I have a problem with is when you speak shit. You haven’t bothered replying to my post where I called you out on your “50% QT” bullshit. If you did, I’d respect you more. There are people on this forum who more often than not, talk out of their arse. I say it how I see it. I don’t say these things just for the sake that I feel it is my duty to as a QT fan. I say these things, because I genuinely feel something for the things I’m talking about. I am a QT fan BECAUSE I love his stuff so much. When have I insulted people for not liking something as trivial as Uma’s dress? If I DID insult them, I am truly sorry because that wasn’t my intention. I often speak frankly and use a lot of expletives (though I have cut down on these quite a bit).

It’s amusing to me how you replied trying to justify yourself (you didn’t) and then thought about it some more and came back 20 minutes later and added another post.

Just for the record, I NEVER try to be above anybody else. If I firmly believed nobody here are true fans, I would stop coming here. Btw, you’re getting me confused with Pete.

Also, it’s remarkable how many people think I’m angry when I make my posts or that I am outraged all time. That’s the shit thing about writing over the internet, you never can get your emotions across. And I hate using smilies all the time.

But it’s touching that I scare you sometimes. I’ll keep that in mind, as well as that post you made. :smiley:

Haha, oh look, I used a smilie.
[/quote]

1. [quote=“Bad Max”]
    There’s a difference between references and adaptation. I didn’t say I disliked Jackie Brown

[/quote]

1. The 50% is not bullshit and you know it. If you’d bother to read my post I didn’t knock JB. I love it.

2. No, I did not confuse you with Pete. I could have a conversation with him.

3. So you like balls eh? Well you’re from England… ;D Look! I also used a smiley

4. So what if I’m 15?

5. You scare me like a obsessed Elvis fan not a raving lunatic so stop flattering yourself. If you used better words I might not have thought you were being a dick and we would not have this situation.

[quote=“Bad Max”]

1. The 50% is not bullshit and you know it. If you’d bother to read my post I didn’t knock JB. I love it.

2. No, I did not confuse you with Pete. I could have a conversation with him.

3. So you like balls eh? Well you’re from England… ;D Look! I also used a smiley

4. So what if I’m 15?

5. You scare me like a obsessed Elvis fan not a raving lunatic so stop flattering yourself. If you used better words I might not have thought you were being a dick and we would not have this situation.

[/quote]

Haha, you’re acting as if I’m somehow put off by this situation. You brought this on yourself. The way I see it, I’m just having a very mild argument with some kid who’s “best film list” changes everyday.

2. When I said “50% bullshit” I meant that is the lamest excuse you could come up with to say why you like all other QT films above Jackie Brown. Anyway, as I recall, you didn’t say that in the first place, you just gave a reason for someone else, that’s even crazier.

3. Aren’t we having a conversation now?

4. Ermmm… yeeeeaaah. * smiles and nods head *

5. You’re immature.

6. I never said otherwise. That’s the problem with you, you often make incorrect assumptions. But it’s nice to know you thought I was being a dick. Guess I’m going to have to live up to that now. I wouldn’t want to disappoint ;D

Ayyy, what do you know, I used another smilie.

It’s not a conversation, that’s why I said it Wink smiley here

[quote]5. You’re immature.[/quote]

and you’re not?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OMG THREE SMILEYS! roll eyes smiley here

[quote=“Bad Max”]
It’s not a conversation, that’s why I said it Wink smiley here

and you’re not?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OMG THREE SMILEYS! roll eyes smiley here

[/quote]

That post was pretty lame, dude. You’re just embarassing yourself now.

I’m only immature when I want to be. Take that as you want.

This is not the Ify Vs Max thread so I’ll be leaving this thread.

Yes, Ify you “won” so go masturbate to Eva Green pics. Hej dÃ¥.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
This is not the Ify Vs Max thread so I’ll be leaving this thread.

Yes, Ify you “won” so go masturbate to Eva Green pics. Hej dÃ¥.
[/quote]

You’re thinking too much like Bleach. I wish you wouldn’t. You can be a cool guy, but you aren’t level headed enough. It’s a shame.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Hej då.
[/quote]

In English, please.

[quote=“Ify”]
You’re thinking too much like Bleach. I wish you wouldn’t. You can be a cool guy, but you aren’t level headed enough. It’s a shame.

In English, please.
[/quote]

Hej då mean good bye in english.

I could take this further, but It’s fuckin warm over here and I have a headache.