David Fincher's The Social Network

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Digital fucking cameras. Why it’s even a possibility breaks my brain.

I actually bought that book at the grocery store a few months ago just it looked kinda interesting. Is it any good?[/quote]

I should have guessed it was the digital. I haven’t read the book, but I really liked the film and the story behind the books really interests me. He wrote all three of them for fun and none of them were published before he died. Kind of sad, really.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Digital fucking cameras. Why it’s even a possibility breaks my brain.

I actually bought that book at the grocery store a few months ago just it looked kinda interesting. Is it any good?[/quote]

I should have guessed it was the digital. I haven’t read the book, but I really liked the film and the story behind the books really interests me. He wrote all three of them for fun and none of them were published before he died. Kind of sad, really.[/quote]

I’ve heard really good things about the movie. I’m waiting to read the book first though.

Great early reviews for The Social Network. I’M STILL NOT SEEING IT!

I think you’re gonna see it at some point, seeing as a lot of critics seem to think it’s the film of the year.

[quote=“Angel”]I think you’re gonna see it at some point, seeing as a lot of critics seem to think it’s the film of the year.[/quote]

Alot of people were ape shit for Slumdog Millionaire and I hated that one. I think I’d rather spend half the money and go see Scott Pilgrim again at the second run theater. If it isn’t good enough to be shot on film I don’t need to see it in a theater.

Well that’s no way to be, bro. :laugh:

Dude, could you imagine how much film David Fincher would go through if he was using 35? Crap, miles and miles of film.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Alot of people were ape shit for Slumdog Millionaire and I hated that one. I think I’d rather spend half the money and go see Scott Pilgrim again at the second run theater. If it isn’t good enough to be shot on film I don’t need to see it in a theater.[/quote]

Armond White gave it a bad review, so you know Social Network’s gotta be good. White only gives bad reviews to good movies.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]I’M STILL NOT SEEING IT![/quote]

+1.

P.S., never been a big Fincher fan. Surprise!

[quote=“Angel”]
Armond White gave it a bad review, so you know Social Network’s gotta be good. White only gives bad reviews to good movies.[/quote]

He just seeks attention.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Dude, could you imagine how much film David Fincher would go through if he was using 35? Crap, miles and miles of film.[/quote]

Isn’t it worth it?

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Dude, could you imagine how much film David Fincher would go through if he was using 35? Crap, miles and miles of film.[/quote]

Isn’t it worth it?[/quote]

It would double the cost of the movie. The dude is legendary for doing over 50 takes every scene.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Dude, could you imagine how much film David Fincher would go through if he was using 35? Crap, miles and miles of film.[/quote]

On The Social Network? My honest answer is no. Fincher’s worked with digital enough to make it work for him and considering it’s set at Harvard now and the inside of the internet/tech industry, I don’t think celluloid would add much more to the experience. He’s going to shoot what looks good to him whether it’s on digital or celluloid. Maybe if it was a film about the knights of the round table or Mozart it would be a different story, but the Social Network wouldn’t really benefit from celluloid.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Dude, could you imagine how much film David Fincher would go through if he was using 35? Crap, miles and miles of film.[/quote]

It would double the cost of the movie. The dude is legendary for doing over 50 takes every scene.[/quote]

The cost of the movie!? God forbid a movie is a little more expensive to be shot on FILM. But whatever, I don’t like him enough to care what he does. He could shoot on DV and it’d be fine by me. What really razzes me is Soderbergh.

Have you seen The Social Network yet?