Criterion Collections

To tell you the truth, it isn’t really worth it. The sound and picture quality is bad because of the old old print.

thanx man, I’ll go with the normal one! :wink:

if u cant buy an uber expensive movie on dvd, fuck it, just get it on vhs so u can watch it

[quote]if u cant buy an uber expensive movie on dvd, fuck it, just get it on vhs so u can watch it[/quote]

Um, VHS and MAR suck dude.

My Criterion collection so far:

Bob La Flambeur

Straw Dogs

Le Circle Rouge

Rashomon

Yojimbo

Sanjuro

Seven Samurai

Do The Right Thing

Branded To Kill

Man Bites Dog

As for The Killer, don’t the Criterion and Fox Lorber editions have different audio commentaries by Woo? I think I read that on some review site somewhere. And the Fox Lorber version (Which I got) also doesn’t have the world’s greatest transfer to go along with the dreadful 1-channel sound.

Why the hell was this movie treated so shitty?

There better be a criterion collection version of Kill Bill. As it stands, there’s no way I’m buying the shit release that we still have to wait 3 months for.

[quote]There better be a criterion collection version of Kill Bill.  As it stands, there’s no way I’m buying the shit release that we still have to wait 3 months for.[/quote]

A Criterion version of BASEketball is more likely. Don’t expect mainstream movies to come out on Criterion. It’s very rare for it to happen. Especially with a company like Mirimax. No way. Sure, it would be KICK ASS, but it just wont ever happen.

[quote]

A Criterion version of BASEketball is more likely. Don’t expect mainstream movies to come out on Criterion. It’s very rare for it to happen. Especially with a company like Mirimax. No way. Sure, it would be KICK ASS, but it just wont ever happen.
[/quote]

Armageddon is on Criterion. Don't know why, but it is. >:(

Armaggeddon and the Rock are Criterions because of some money deal they made with Bruckheimer, shit I’m not sure on the details but there was a lot of money involved, if it weren’t for that reason, there would be no way Criterion would’ve “picked” those two movies in their collection.

…and fuck you guys I like Armageddon and the Rock! :smiley:

The Rock is the shit :smiley:

But

Armageddon

sucks

dick.

Yeah Armageddon was a complete piece of shit and shouldn’t have been allowed to be released in any format let alone on Criterion. It’s an insult to the intelligence of every person who has the misfortune of seeing it. Admit it nigga :D. Do you imagine how many kick-ass movies QT could make with all the money that Bay has spent on his crappy movies so far? I hate that fucking faggot with a passion.

I liked Armaggeddon in the way that I liked xXx. Good brainless blow-shit-up fun. Sorry, I just enjoy movies better than some poeple.

by the way, did anyone see Naked Lunch? That movie just came out on Criterion, and I was wondering what it was about, because I heard of it before.

Nothing compares to the gayness of xXx. :frowning:

Gee whiz, thank you Bullet for your insight.

[quote]sweet list shephard, what’s your opinion on Le Cercle Rouge?[/quote]

took a while to respond to this question (sorry dead nigga)

if you still care, i liked it, but the pacing seemed off

qt has listed melville as a major influence on his style that he hasn’t grown out of (unlike godard)

some of it is awesome, but it gets slow in parts

shogun assasin is right though, it was good.

and is shogun that movie based on the James Clevell book?

i thought that shit was made for tv and had richard chamberlain in in…(?)

got the crime collection:

High & Low/Tokyo Drifter/The Honeymoon Killers/Branded to Kill/Alphaville/Man Bites Dog

and the beastie boys dvd

Sorry for bringing up this topic from so long a go but I hav a question. This has been asked before but never answered: WHY are these fuckers so expensive? I dont hav any of them but I am considering FEAR AND LOATHING if I can come up with like $40. Is the heavy price worth it?

HELL YES

8)

[quote=“cinemanut”]
HELL YES

8)
[/quote]

Fear and Loathing, yes. But there are indeed films in the Criterion Collection where the DVDs dont offer as much as for example on the 2-DVD Fear and Loathing.

but generally the movies released in this collection dont reach large buyer masses and they are expensive to produce and mostly limited. thats why there is such a high price