Creating the Sin City Effect

red for me is the hardest, for the reason that im a lil tan so some of my skin comes up as a tanish color when i do it because of the red.

[quote=“Jjp”]
red for me is the hardest, for the reason that im a lil tan so some of my skin comes up as a tanish color when i do it because of the red.
[/quote]Ever played with After Effects? It’s an amazing program, very good for creating special FX and titles and such. It’s an Adobe product, so it hogs up your memory but aside from that it’s great. For some great tutorials, check out Video Copilot:

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

Just shows what kind of amazing things you can do with the program.

thanks dude

[quote=“pantsman”]
I played around with Vegas, but couldn’t figure out how to do it for colors other than red. Could have looked harder, but found a way to do it in Adobe After Effects that came to me easier. I haven’t tried to do more than one color yet though, that might prove to be tricky. In AE, “Leave Color” under Color Correction seems to do the trick.
[/quote]

Yea, i need to get a better computer when i buy a new one i will be looking into getting after effects.

[quote=“Jjp”]
Yea, i need to get a better computer when i buy a new one i will be looking into getting after effects.
[/quote]I need a better one as well! With AE, you can render out your video files as AVIs and stuff and it won’t take that long, but the quality just isn’t there. It looks choppy no matter what I do. However, when I export as quicktime it shows up just fine - but it takes like an hour to render out a thirty second clip! I have like 1.4gb of memory though and run XP, I just need an upgrade altogether.

This is my latest fight highlight, and you can see I used the Sin City style effect I was talking about earlier at roughly the 50 second mark:

- YouTube

My last highlight, which unfortunately used a lot of exported AVIs from After Effects and the quality is unbearable, it featured a lot more of the effect though. Still, if you watch this video in high quality and check the two small instances of me using it, it’s a lot cleaner than my other.

yea it seems like after affects blows sony vegas away with effects and everything. That was a really good highlight though ill never forget when Rashed Evens knocked chuck lidell out it was shocking same with gonzaga and cro cop. I watched your anderson silva one i really like that one alot added it to my myspace.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea it seems like after affects blows sony vegas away with effects and everything. That was a really good highlight though ill never forget when Rashed Evens knocked chuck lidell out it was shocking same with gonzaga and cro cop. I watched your anderson silva one i really like that one alot added it to my myspace.
[/quote]Thanks man, I appreciate it! Really, ever since I started playing with After Effects I’ve just been playing around with the highlights and trying new things. My Anderson Silva HL was the first I did using AE, and yeah, it kinda shows ;D I also had to edit that one down just to fit on youtube which sucked, but twelve minutes is really too long anyway :slight_smile:

I still use Vegas myself for compiling all the video and stuff. It’s just so much easier to use than After Effects. It’s quick, loads fast and has a lot of great built in FX stuff. AE is a little bit more of a professional program, heh, I was watching Dance of the Dead last night (which I recommend!) and found that they used AE for all of their digital FX (like having a zombie run around without an upper torso, and masking a zombie’s face on a puppet head, etc.). I want to start playing around with 3D Studio Max too, maybe start creating digital characters :slight_smile:

[quote=“pantsman”]
I need a better one as well! With AE, you can render out your video files as AVIs and stuff and it won’t take that long, but the quality just isn’t there. It looks choppy no matter what I do. However, when I export as quicktime it shows up just fine - but it takes like an hour to render out a thirty second clip! I have like 1.4gb of memory though and run XP, I just need an upgrade altogether.

This is my latest fight highlight, and you can see I used the Sin City style effect I was talking about earlier at roughly the 50 second mark:

- YouTube

My last highlight, which unfortunately used a lot of exported AVIs from After Effects and the quality is unbearable, it featured a lot more of the effect though. Still, if you watch this video in high quality and check the two small instances of me using it, it’s a lot cleaner than my other.
[/quote]

I know nothing about how easy or difficult the programs you’re using are and I’m not really the biggest fan of MMA but that is some good shit. The transitions were pretty fuckin’ cool.

[quote=“Dex”]
I know nothing about how easy or difficult the programs you’re using are and I’m not really the biggest fan of MMA but that is some good shit. The transitions were pretty fuckin’ cool.
[/quote]Thanks man! Really appreciate the kind words. Glad someone who isn’t a big MMA nut actually enjoyed it as well :slight_smile: I was afraid the ‘story’ of the video didn’t carry along as well as I would have liked it to, but so far I’m feeling better that it’s getting a nice response. Was even posted up on a fairly known MMA blog last night. Coolio :slight_smile:

Really Vegas did job good ! I will put the example videos scenes on the this tppic soon