Basterds coverage (videos, pictures, etc) ticker

And 60 to 70% of this movie is going to subtitled. I think that will deter a lot of teenagers from seeing it in the US. It will be interesting to see how they promote this movie. They’ll probably advertise it as some big budget Hollywood action film starring Brad Pitt and when the people get in the theater they’ll find out that oops it’s mostly subtitled and there are long segments in the movie where there’s no action, no Pitt and lots of talking talking talking.

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
haha great.

hm are these guys no wearing those swastika thingies around their arm? … :confused:
[/quote]

the armband was a party thing, nobody wore that on a battle field. duh, it was bright red :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
the armband was a party thing, nobody wore that on a battle field. duh, it was bright red :wink:
[/quote]

Which reminds me, who gets scalped the most? The Wehrmacht or the SS? (I’m assuming it’s the latter)

oh thanks seb, i actually didnt know that! i was always kinda annoyed by the fact that they werent wearing them in ww2 movies, coz it seemed like they werent real 100 % nazis. but now i get it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
which I see as a huge problem for films today, and that’s also why quality has shifted and is still shifting towards the TV market.

I haven’t read the script, but I seriously doubt that Quentin is focusing much on the younger crowd. He says himself he makes movies for himself, and he is a mature pop culture artist. I think he is less aiming to hit the zeitgeist, he’s rather MAKING zeitgeist.
[/quote]

i totally agree, i mean just look at eagle eye. that guy is like a 10 ten year old i cant stand him xD and look at all the big ass cult movies from the 60s,70s,80s. theyre all made for adults, or at least they have adults as protagonists.

and youre right bout quentin, but he also said that he makes movies for the world, so that also includes teens. just look look at the cast, there is a lot lot of young fresh actors, but also older ones, like brad (but thats different, coz hes brad pit lol) and eli roth n stuff.

but, naw i think he will do a great job with this! sumtimes im just kinda worried about that accelerated schedule…

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
oh thanks seb, i actually didnt know that! i was always kinda annoyed by the fact that they werent wearing them in ww2 movies, coz it seemed like they werent real 100 % nazis. but now i get it :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I can’t overstate “knowing your information, before you make opinions” enough :wink:

I am so sorry :frowning: :frowning:

plus this is of course no historical movie, so accuracy is certainly not Quentin’s top priority, I’m sure. a friend of mine knows everything about german uniforms there’s to know, he regularly gets pissed about movies that get stuff wrong (medals on the wrong side, etc), but I tell him, hell, it’s a fuckin movie, who cares :wink:

ye i agree, and quentins goal is just to make an awesome kick ass experience at the movies.

but he always took a lot of care about details and was really picky about some stuff. and i mean, they started shooting in germany, therefore they have german costumes, german prop people and everything and i bet everyone just wants to do their best to satisfy quentin tarantino, so maybe this will be extra accurate :stuck_out_tongue: but i personally wudnt really mind about some medal on the wrong side or anything :stuck_out_tongue:

Im sure QTs is using his artistic freedom with some of the film (the story, characters), but I doubt hes not going to make it at least partially historically accurate. It cant be totally fabricated or else it wont be a WWII era film. Costumes etc should be accurate. Thats easy to do isnt it? They have plenty of German/French history books and set/costumer designers are supposed to do that as part of their job.

yeah those usually screw up, from what my friend told me :wink:

but I wasn’t saying QT won’t care, i’m just saying it’s not the kind of movie where anyone should give a crap if this or that detail wasn’t 100% accurate

True, its not like a film about an actual real event. But just the basic WW2 iconography would make sense. Im sure QT will throw in some of his own stylized ideas as usual.

lol dont forget the final scene when talkin about historical accurarcy

Previously, I wrote: “I’d bet right now they’re shooting the scene where Shosana first meets the Nazi hero (the one I think Leo was supposed to play).” It seems this is not the case, according to the German article, it’s the

SPOILER

shootout scene between Raine’s men and the Nazis.

Have you seen the last belga.be coverage? There are a lot of pictures from the shooting in Nauen, Germany.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/ed … 41724.html”>http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/741724.html</LINK_TEXT>

sum nice pics, quentins there too

but for sum reason i cant really feel the kill bill mount everest atmosphere here

the shooting, location pics of kb were just so full of energy and obesession, especially pics that inlcuded quentin. i dunno, this seems so… bored… like he doesnt really take it seriously. like death proof, sorta. i dunno fellas

what are you talking about? those are a few paparrazi shots taken mostly when nothing was in fact going on… why does everyone like to over-overinterpret those pictures? :wink:

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
but for sum reason i cant really feel the kill bill mount everest atmosphere here

the shooting, location pics of kb were just so full of energy and obesession, especially pics that inlcuded quentin. i dunno, this seems so… bored… like he doesnt really take it seriously. like death proof, sorta. i dunno fellas
[/quote]

Wait. How the hell can you determine from a few far off set photos that hes not taking it seriously?! And there hasnt been one photo of QT actually directing the film thats been released yet. This isnt a martial arts action film. Its set in France/Germany in WWII. What do you expect to see in 1944? Big Kahuna Burger in neon with The Crazy 88 running around on the streets?.

The pics looks pretty cool. I don’t think either you should overinterpret them and start to spread QT doing it with no love. As Pete said it, there’s no real pic with QT directing. No speculation then, please.

:wink:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/ed … 41967.html”>http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/741967.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“jeje1250”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/ed … 41967.html”>http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/741967.html</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

He’s not directing. I see no camera, no scene about to be shot, no actors. He’s only on the set and of course, if you have already been on a set or working on a shooting, you can obviously be bored and wait a lot on a shooting. Believe me, I do work on shooting and I know how it works. Even the most obsessed director can be bored when there’s nothing to shoot and that he has to kill off-time.