[quote=“Scarface”]Weaver played the part of a prolific doctor, it’s only natural the part demanded someone of a mature age.[/quote]

There are dozens of hot mature chicks out there, why get Weaver?

[quote=“Scarface”]Take out the special effects and the 3D gimmicks from the movie, and you’re left with an emperor with no clothes. I actually got bored watching it halfway throughout. Give me a solid script and characters I give a shit about rather than fancy effects. Give me the original Terminator rather than Avatar any time of the day.[/quote]

Yup.

[quote=“Angel”]
[quote=“G”]
Don’t worry. Since day one I didn’t want to watch this movie. The Cameron hype got to people when all he ever did was make 2 good sequels for films (Aliens and T2), and even with Aliens it has nothing on Alien.[/quote]

You can hate all you want, but now James Cameron has the two highest-grossing films of all time under his belt. Money might not be any testament to the quality of a film, but his box office success does make him one of the most powerful men in Hollywood.[/quote]

Like I give a shit. Doesn’t mean I have to watch. Just means people are zombies to whatever is blasting on their T.V. screens because of the rich bastards that can put it on there. Why are you taking up for someone who doesn’t give a shit about you anyway? I am not “hating” on the man, just the shit he does that affects the world and movies.

Let me take a pic from Batman Forever to show you Hollywood’s affect on people.

[quote=“G”]
Like I give a shit. Doesn’t mean I have to watch. Just means people are zombies to whatever is blasting on their T.V. screens because of the rich bastards that can put it on there. Why are you taking up for someone who doesn’t give a shit about you anyway? I am not “hating” on the man, just the shit he does that affects the world and movies.
[/quote]

I don’t share your sense of paranoia. It’s a job for James Cameron. He makes money. And I am all for people making money. In my opinion, the purpose of life is some form of creation. You are either making art or you are a making money. And I think both are admirable.

Hollywood may be jamming shit down the throats of the masses, but I don’t hear them complaining. The people I talked to enjoyed Avatar. And who am I to tell them that they can’t. The sad fact of the matter is that while I may think I am doing people a favour by showing them Antonioni or Kusturica, most of the time they don’t want to see those films. They want to see The Dark Knight or Armageddon.

What then? “I’m sorry, but I can’t let you do that. You may not enjoy this, but it’s for your own fucking good!” If they enjoy it, let them.

Like I said, I don’t care if others watch it. Why do I have to? This started because I shared that I have no intention of watching this, and you brung up other people.

I thought that, visually, this movie was pretty good. But the storyline was a tad predictable. It just seems like I’ve seen it all before. But I must admit, I kinda wish I could plug my hair into a pterodactyl-y thing!

[quote=“cherrydarling”]I thought that, visually, this movie was pretty good. But the storyline was a tad predictable. It just seems like I’ve seen it all before. But I must admit, I kinda wish I could plug my hair into a pterodactyl-y thing![/quote]

That’s still off putting to me. Especially now that we know that the blue monkeys have sex with those things.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“cherrydarling”]I thought that, visually, this movie was pretty good. But the storyline was a tad predictable. It just seems like I’ve seen it all before. But I must admit, I kinda wish I could plug my hair into a pterodactyl-y thing![/quote]

That’s still off putting to me. Especially now that we know that the blue monkeys have sex with those things.[/quote]

That's racist! ;D

Sometimes I wish sex was that simple. Jks. :wink:

[quote=“cherrydarling”]Sometimes I wish sex was that simple. Jks. :wink:[/quote]

I certainly don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought Avatar was alright.

I think it’s nice for a sci-fi movie the graphics and special effects are good to watch in short I like this movie :laugh:

This move was way to predictable

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]This movie was way to predictable[/quote]

i just love this movie!! too good movie.