Actors Out of Inglorious Bastards

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
The thing is, you know Im right. You know that youre just here to be a negative creep. So when i called you on it, youre only response is: You have serious issues.
[/quote]

Not at all - I could have written an entire page to justify my reasons for such post and explain all the reasons on how your analysis of me regarding my negativities were very inaccurate. However, as I’ve said, I don’t feel the need to do that anymore, because I know now what you’re like. Infact, I’m not ever going to retort to you again and I’m never gauging in any conversation with you about anything ever again. Others can be civilised and no-one appears to have issues such as yourself. Over and out.

It’s your choice to reply to every negative thing you see and instigate arguments in each of those threads. I wasn’t searching for a reply from you, so why the need to retort to me. You don’t agree with things I say, don’t reply. Simple.

I just call em like I see em. Just like the other day when I called Dstryd Btch out and I was exactly right about her/him being a troll. I think youre on the verge of being just a QT bashing troll. I think you take pleasure in bashing films/directors. Thats why youre here most likely.

Ill never change my opinion towards, to be blunt, bitches who come into chat rooms to cause problems and piss people off. Im not apologizing for anything in regards to that. Just so you know.

Get lost Kinick. Find another forum to be an idiot in.

Anywho, I’m disappointed that Sandler is not going to be in it. Whether anybody likes it or not, Sandler was Tarantino’s first choice. I do not doubt Tarantino’s expertise. If he felt Sandler would be perfect for a specific role he probably was right. When one of us directs our own movie we can cast whoever we feel like.

Sandler was probably supposed to be the Bear Jew. Now we get Eli Roth as Bear Jew instead of Sandler…

:o

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
you really think eli roth will do a better job? sandler has created a character for himself, like buster keaton, or you like or you don’t. and anderson has decided to use this character. and yes his performance is amazing, it’s pure physic comedy but at the same time his character is pathetic and also scary.
[/quote]

I would have preferred Sandler over Eli Roth any day of the week. That is not saying much, though. Sandler never blew me away with his performance, and that’s including Punch Drunk Love. The only difference between that movie and all his comedies is that the former is regarded as an “arthouse” film, so critics lined up to start sucking his dick because apparently Sandler had now “matured” as an actor. Five years later, and he’s still in “I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry” territory.

I like Sandman as a comedian. Hes always made me laugh. Do I think hes the #1 choice for Basterds? Not really. I dont care who QT casts as long as they deliver good performances. Im not that picky. One movie can be like night and day from another. I say give these guys a chance, see what QT can pull out of them. They might be amazing in these roles with his direction.

[quote=“Kinick”]
This is what I fear. The days of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction may very well indeed be long gone, but I was hoping they wouldn’t be totally lost on Inglorious Bastards. I also feel his theory on “Quentin’s Universes” are long gone too or bear no relevance today. It nows seems like everything he does is in the movie, movie universe. Of course Death Proof supposedly takes place in the realer than real world like Dogs, Pulp etc. but to me it doesn’t feel like that. To me Dogs and Fiction and REAL movies. Kill Bill just feels like a movie within a movie - Kill Bill is basically Fox Force Five expanded into a feature-length blockbuster - and Death Proof feels like something the characters in Kill Bill would go and see. I just don’t want IB to follow in the same trend. I think today that’s what it’s all about - if you truly love QT and everything he does, then you’ll love this movie; you’ll just absorb all the QT self-indulgence and references. Point in fact, I’m the opposite - I just want him to make a REAL movie again and get away from this exploitation crap…because (like it or not) he’s becoming a hack with only one voice.
[/quote]

Quoted for truth

The days of RD and PF are long gone - no shit. And that’s a good thing. You know, artists are developing, evolving. I don’t want to see the same shit over and over.

I have a theory for you that I believe to be true to at least some extent: When QT made RD and PF he had to make them special for people and critics to recognize him. All artists are forced to be unique when they start out, to get recognized. So Quentin had to add that time jumping crap with PF. That helped distinquish his work as super-unique. Now that he was the hottest director in Hollywood, he could make the movies he REALLY wanted to make - KB, DP, JB.

Same with Nolan - time switching bullshit with Memento - critics and film snobs are raving - BAM: he’s a hot director. Sweet, now he can make a cool pop culture movie, even two: Batman Begins and TDK.

I know people are gonna hate me for this post and think I’m stupid. But think about it, will ya?

[quote=“Yasmin”]
Quoted for truth
[/quote]

Quoted to show that Kinick only wants another out of order crime movie in the style of Dogs or Pulp Fiction aka a film HE likes personally. Fuck that. What is a “real movie” exactly? Thats the dumbest statement ever. I want to see a “real movie”, not a “fake movie”. Thats like I want to drive a “real car”, not a “fake car”. What the fu-? Dont even try to pawn that shit off as “truth”. Kinick obviously only loves QTs crime films and his other films he considers “exploitation crap”. So to that I ask: Who the FUCK gave him the right to call something other people love crap? A: Noone. Thats the very reason I dont really think Kinick is into movies. Hes into only whats popular if its not, he dismisses it as “crap” and bashes it.

As far as which films QT made only for himsel or the studios, hes said from the very beginning he only wants to make films for himself and he HAS. Regardless of what anyone thinks is for the studios or not. Do you think he’d make Dogs for a studio? No. It just happened to be a cool flick people enjoyed. Same with Pulp. He never had a guarantee it was going to be a smash.

Being a fan of someone doesnt mean you run out on them just because they make a film or two you dont like either. People act like QT is superman and he cannot have a flop or else hes worthless or a “hack” as Kinick said. Thats not how it should be.

Artists have to follow their own paths. They may come out of their journey with some scars, but what director has none? All the greats do.

Oh and you may remember that QT writes and directs all his films. Hes only done 1 adaptation. So thats another thing you have to take into account. The guy is using things from his own mind and making his films very personal genre stories. Thats a big accomplishment in itself. Most directors use other peoples scripts or base films on books.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Sandler never blew me away with his performance, and that’s including Punch Drunk Love. The only difference between that movie and all his comedies is that the former is regarded as an “arthouse” film, so critics lined up to start sucking his dick because apparently Sandler had now “matured” as an actor.
[/quote]

all the critics i’ve read about punch drunk love gave all the credit to pt anderson’s directing (and not sandler nor emily watson). rightly so imo. oh well.

calm down pete and kinick. p l e a s e ?

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
I know people are gonna hate me for this post and think I’m stupid.
[/quote]

You know us too well ;D

Seb: Im calm. Tell Kinick to stop bitching and whining daily. Damn, its getting on my nerves. The asshole cant find one positive thing to say about the movie. Its getting irritating. He should just start a damn “I hate QT & Inglorious Bastards” topic or something. To stop polluting these topics with all the bashing. It would make things less argumentative I think. I think he just wants to do it in here where he knows it will stir people up.

Cant we just talk about the movie without bashing everything about it? It sucks.

yeah Kinick, to each his own opinion, but slowly I’m also getting the impression that your main job these days seems to be to complain about each and every bit of IB news that sees the light of day… why don’t you take a step back and consider that the movie isn’t even made, and you can feel free to still hate it afterwards…

I already asked Kinick to chill out a few days ago on it because the movie isnt even made yet, but its like hes on a crusade to bash it and QT at the same time.

I think hes said the same thing about 50 times. He doesnt like Kill Bill or Death Proof exploitation crap, he wants QT to make a real movie again. He hates the IB cast. The latest: “QT is a hack”. That was a good one.

How many more times do we have to hear that shit repeated? Damn.

Its like he thinks if he bashes QT enough, Basterds will become Pulp Fiction Part 2 and he can kick back and enjoy it. I dont know whats up with this guy.

I don’t want to join Kinick’s crusade but in a way, I’m happy to know Sandler isn’t in it. I’ve always repeated I didn’t like him that much.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I think hes said the same thing about 50 times. He doesnt like Kill Bill or Death Proof exploitation crap, he wants QT to make a real movie again. He hates the IB cast. The latest: “QT is a hack”. That was a good one.
[/quote]

Hooold your horses there. I DO like Kill Bill. Do I think it’s on the level of Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown? Not at all. It’s exactly what it says on the tin - and I 100% accept that, however what I said about Death Proof in that regard I fully stand by. Secondly, I didn’t call QTT a “hack” I said if he continues in this trend he will “become a hack”. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt in that Death Proof has been his only disappointment for me so far.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
yeah Kinick, to each his own opinion, but slowly I’m also getting the impression that your main job these days seems to be to complain about each and every bit of IB news that sees the light of day… why don’t you take a step back and consider that the movie isn’t even made, and you can feel free to still hate it afterwards…
[/quote]

Fair enough. My main job is to anticipate the latest news, it just so happens that I didn’t like a lot of it. As I’ve always said, I want IB to be QT’s masterpiece just as much as anyone here -although it may seem like I’m trolling (to some people) I’m hoping and praying that something good comes out of it.

Ask me nice like that, no problem.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Secondly, I didn’t call QTT a “hack” I said if he continues in this trend he will “become a hack”.
[/quote]

I don’t see a “trend”. what’s the trend?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I don’t see a “trend”. what’s the trend?
[/quote]

Homage of Exploitation movies, B-movies and trash cinema. Or maybe it’s just the over self-indulgence etc. There’s definitely something!

so you’re hoping QT will stop being QT? :wink: good luck on that. you can’t take the man’s passion for movies he loves away… even his CSI episode was full of homage… and that was probably one of the best episodes the series has ever seen.