A question about Max Cherry

According to the DVD Trivia Track (I think) it said he saw the film “THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT” with Annette Bening and he, Max, mentioned having a crush on her.

Yes I know the music coming from the theatre isn’t from that film, but that was the movie he saw…theres even a poster for the American President right outside the theatre.

At what part does it say that he saw The American President? I’m not saying it didn’t happen by the way, i just think it would be interesting to see. Also, when does he say he has a crush on her?

Um, 1st turn on the trivia track and go to the scene where Max says he’s gonna go to the mall and see a movie. I think thats the part.

Or maybe when he comes out of the theatre…or maybe when Jackie and Max are talking in the foodcourt.

I can’t really remember,but I’m pretty sure it’s one of those.

The part with him saying he has a crush on the actress is only on the trivia track, it is also in the book…i’m not sure if it’s the same actress in the book though

Interesting theory. I always assumed that it was Tarantino’s way of saying that his movie is the type of movie that the character’s themselves would want to watch. Sort of like it is made for old people, by old people.

When Max says he is going to go see “something that starts soon and looks good” maybe it’s Quentin’s way of putting out that he thinks the movie is good. Subliminal messages, you know?

Or maybe he just didn’t want to to buy the rights to another song! :smiley:

Perhaps that song (Monte Carlo Nights) is in another movie. You know how Quentin likes to re-use tunes from other movies.

yeah i noticed its a track in the credits of Jackie Brown the second time i saw it

pretty obvious

nice fact